Sanyo SCP-3100 User Reviews

posted on 03 Mar 2010, 11:39

LOVE THIS PHONE

Well, went i first got this phone it was a few years back before all the bluetooth stuff. I have given it to my two yr old to play with recently  after i reacieved a new smartphone. Needless to say it may not be the most up to date phone but it is great. Im have trouble with ny new phone already and have had to slip this one back. I have done everything you can imagine to damage this phone and it still works just like new. I wish sprint would do a few minor updates to this phone and put it back out on the market. I will defineatly be keeping this one close by for any future problems.

posted on 02 Apr 2009, 14:07

1.7

Worst!

This phone is the worst phone I have ever used. Even if I just want to basics on a cell. They wunt even fix it. Dunt waste ur money into buying this phone, when you spend money on a better phone with better qualities.

posted on 02 Apr 2009, 14:03

It's Okay!

I had this phone for a year now and it is okay. I do not really like the texting board since I love texting so maybe thats why. Otherwise if you just want a simple phone for the basics like just calling or texting a little, this phone will prolly be good for you.
Other Complaints: The alarm clock doesnt work for me.
If you want a phone that has video, mp3 player, faster internet. Prolly should get another phone.

posted on 26 Dec 2008, 09:28

This phone is just what I needed.  Ok, it may not be the most hi-tech cell phone, but it works just fine.  You can go through the menu easily and every function works well except the ridiculous 1/8 inch miror!  A miror?  Come on!!!  The overall the sound is good except when you are speaking from a noisy room.  Battery life is sub par.  A good overall phone.

mary
posted on 08 Jun 2008, 08:01

3.8

hate this phone

this phone is a piece of crap i will never buy a sanyo phone ever again after the warranty was up the phone started falling apart and it started calling people on its own and beeping like it was charging.

Richard
posted on 26 Oct 2007, 11:06

6.4

SANYO-3100

We have 2 sanyo 3100 cell phones. One display went out before the manufactures warranty was up. They couldn't fix the phone so they replaced it. Now the second phones display went a month after the warranty was up...so they can do nothing about this! i would not recommend this phone obviously , I believe it is defective and should be recalled.The first phone that was replaced now the ringer is defective on it. The phone is not worth the money. Sprint doesn't seem to care and I have been a customer for over seven years. I will no longer be with them once my contract expires.

G.R.
posted on 21 Sep 2007, 17:37

4.8

Worst phone I ever owned.

I have had four cell phones and this was by far the worst phone I owned. After I had it maybe 7 months, the battery died out. You were lucky to even get 3 hours STANDBY time out of it after a fresh recharge. You would barely get any talk time. I bought an aftermarket battery for it (could only find one battery seller who carried this model in the whole USA) and I got the same results. So it wasn't the battery it was the phone. I took it to the local Sprint store and the guy tried telling me it was the battery, then after I told him I replaced it, he said aftermarket batteries are junk. Then when I told him it got the exact same 3 hour standby time and I owned an aftermarket battery with a previous phone that worked fine, he tried saying it was the charger. Then when I told him I charged it at home, in my truck, and a third charger at work, he said "maybe it is a defective phone" LOL.

Dave
posted on 07 Jul 2006, 19:27

Replacement Phone

I have been with Sprint for a little over 3 years and had the same LG5350 phone. It worked great but I wanted a newer phone. I went to the Sprint Store in my town and checked out what they had to offer...mainly because of the current special of All Phones For Free offer they had. I decided on the Sanyo SCP-3100. The screen was easy to read...some of the other phones there the words were a little blurry on the screens... and the phone was easy to operate. Sound quality is great and I recieve better signal strength with this phone versus my old one. Battery life seems like it will be a lot better than with my old phone. After playing around with it for a couple hours...taking pics and messing with settings and programming numbers into the directory, the power meeter had NOT moved! I had not charged the battery since I picked out the phone, so the battery was as is. On my old phone doing stuff like that would have ran a fully charged battery half way down. All the features of the phone worked great. Over all, it's a great phone. I'm very satisfied with my choice.

Chumn54
posted on 01 Jun 2006, 18:05

Sanyo SCP-3100

I was looking for a good deal on a cell phone after my old one was stolen. The feature I most appreciate in a cell phone is the speakerphone. So I became interested in the 3100 in the Sprint store. There are so many phones on the market that it can become very confusing to decide on one. My wife and I have had the same phone for quite a few years - a Sanyo 4500. We were very pleased with them. The other draw to this phone was the two for one special for a total of about $50 for both! I really didn't want to get a fancy new phone leaving my wife with her old phone so this phone was looking better all the time. It did have the main features I wanted. Camera, voice dial, speakerphone. I had heard that music players on phones were not all that, so I felt that a player was a whistle I really didn't need. The 3100 did have internet connection and the possiblitity of linking to a PC for access to the internet. These features were additional draws for me. I got a blue one for me and a pink one for my wife. The pink is actually a nice shade of pink. The blue is not my favorite blue but is not bad. After using this phone for a while, I began to realize that it was not too difficult to grasp. The manual has a lot of information in it. I don't particularly like the index at the back. It doesn't have a lot of the common words you would look for. Example: doesn't include words like Passcode, Password, Image, Resolution, Accessories, Connector, Shortcut, My Favorites. You...