Samsung Trender User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Build quality7.5/10Text input6/10
Everyday usage5.8/10UI speed5.3/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 25 Feb 2012, 10:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
This phone is good and bad in someways
EvoHTCFan37 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review
This phone was my first touch-screen based phone, and quite frankly, that and the texting is the only thing good about it. The rest gives me the goose-bumps. Did you know that it TURNED ON IN MY SLEEP?! Then, people give me random numbers during the night, including some from Maryland, Northern California, etc. This phone is just a disaster zone for teens and young adults, but kids may find this phone good... if they can stand the nights of it turning on...
It only stopped turning on by itself was when I had to reset the entire phone. Quite frankly, this phone is suited only for texting. Alas, sprint took down unlimited text and talk plan (I think) so this phone is pretty much useless for texters.
The internet quality is bad, and the game selection worse. Only 47 TOTAL GAMES FOR THAT PHONE. It's just too little for such a promising device when it was released. Now, even regular old fashioned cellphones look better than this "dumb-phone"
The build quality is sleek and small, bad for big hands but good for little hands. If you are into good touch-screen phones, go get a Razr, iPhone, or HTC Evo. But if texting is your thing, this phone is for you, but expect pocket dialing and endless stress.Build quality 5/10Reception 1/10Call quality 1/10Internet 1/10Multimedia 1/10Camera 1/10UI speed 1/10Everyday usage 2/10Text input 1/10Display 1/10Battery 2/10
- Bad Camera
- Deletion of text
- Poor sound quality
- Internet bad
- NOT ALL STATES SUPPORT SPRINT, BE WEARY TRAVELERS
- Poor game selection
- Small keyboard
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 18 Jan 2012, 08:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
denisearney has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
this phone is an absolute joke!!!, whomever designed it should not have, I can't even begin to list all the "unfriendly" features it has. Just to do something as simple as answer the rediculous contraption is a stressful matter, god forbid your'e driving and it should happen to ring (if you can even hear it ring) or answer a voice message (which it doesn't even display the "missed" number of whom was calling to begin with, it just displays "voicemail" as the missed number! I recevied a text msg., didn't even know I had one until I had an incoming call, does not have an voicemail "alert" so on and on and on.......Build quality 1/10Reception 1/10Call quality 1/10Internet 1/10Multimedia 1/10Camera 1/10UI speed 1/10Everyday usage 1/10Text input 3/10Display 2/10Battery 1/10
- there aren't any! (maybe the texting)
- just read my review!
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 15 Nov 2011, 07:35 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
A detailed list of why this phone SUCKS
jimmyz98 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
1. There is a "favorite" menu for calling contacts. It automatically calls that person when you touch the screen. The phone locks immediately when you make a call. Prepare to pocket dial your friends constantly, and have to unlock the phone to get out of the call, which can be cumbersome when you're in a hurry. I have also experienced dropping a call, and calling someone else with my ear, while thinking I'm still talking to the first person. There is no way to change the "auto-dial" in the settings. I deleted everyone on my favorites to prevent infinite pocket dials. When you hang up from a call, you have to go through a few screens to re-lock the phone, or else you end up on the favorites page again, and when you think about breathing, it will call one of them. Worst feature EVER!!! and no way to change it. I'm used to hitting the red-end button two or three times and tossing my phone wherever it sits. You have to coax and beg this phone to not make you look like a fool... EVERY TIME YOU MAKE A CALL.... can you say 'annoying'?
2. Using the internet is a joke. Good luck seeing images... although the display is pretty good, images on the web look like poop. Unless you're on Facebook, looking at a full face profile picture, it's tough to see any detail.
3. You can't T9... anyone who has ~mastered~ T9 knows, that one handed texting without looking is a jiffy (minus "go/in" and "if/me") but that involves 0.1 seconds of thought to check the word, right? This phone does not give...Build quality 9/10Reception 7/10Call quality 9/10Internet 2/10Multimedia 2/10Camera 8/10UI speed 5/10Everyday usage 2/10Text input 2/10Display 9/10Battery 7/10
- Good camera
- One touch favorite dial... prepare to pocket dial your best friends CONSTANTLY
- Images from web look like crap.
- T9 beats qwerty any day.
- the list goes on
3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
Tickle monster crazy 101
posted on 03 Aug 2011, 17:02
Tickle monster crazy 101 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Awesome everything definitely deserves a ten I don't. Even have to rate it because everyone knows it deerves a ten this is a great first phone for kids. All I have to say is awesome phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially for 11 year oldsBuild quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 17 Jul 2011, 10:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
masterwuchong has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
This is a great phone! I love the OS on this phone!! I feel like i'm using a smart phone! I love the messaging, and web browsing! And I also love how you can have apps on here too! This is a great phone for teens who want a smart phone, but it won't cost much for the parents! I've had this phone for 3 months now and I still love it!Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 27 Jun 2011, 22:56
The Samsung Trender
Juliet has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Overall this is a great phone. It is ideal for messaging and calling, however the camera can sometimes be disapointing; the photos often come out blurry and unfocused. It is a great first phone for tweens, but I, an 11 year old, would not recommend it to adults who are looking for a smart phone. However if you are a parent looking for a 1st phone for your son/daughter you should get them this phone.Build quality 10/10Reception 5/10Call quality 5/10Internet 5/10Multimedia 5/10Camera 2/10UI speed 5/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 3/10
- slide-out keyboard makes messaging easy, small and lightweight, extremely attractive
- bad camera with no video ability, sometimes texts are sent to people other than intended
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report