Samsung Strive User Reviews

Multimedia6.5/10
Internet5.8/10
Battery7.3/10

missgiddy
posted on 01 Jan 2012, 16:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)

amazing phone

missgiddy has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I dont know why people think this had a bad battery life! The battery life of this phone was amazing!! I could go a week and a half until the low battery flashed up. I could go a day and a half to two days with five/five battery bars!
the texting wa great, but the keyboard was really squished.
I totally recommend this phone for a first time phone or for an easy text phone. You'll love it!!

Pros

• battery life, easy feel, structure

gabbymgioffre
posted on 28 Sep 2011, 22:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Sep 2011)

Not bad.

gabbymgioffre has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I had this phone for a little less than a year when I switched to the Pantech Link and the only reason I did that was because a friend gave it to me. I loved this phone! When I first got it I was a little frustrated, after I got used to it it was great! Especially for a texter like me.

• keyboard
  • look

Cons

• No wifi

P diddy
posted on 24 Jul 2011, 18:44

Whoa

P diddy has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I love this phone, maybe u guys r dumb I had no defects and the battery rules so much, best fone ever my last fone was the flight and that was exactly the same with out the touch screen, both are amazing thank you for this phone samsung and keep making more like it!!!!!!

Pros

• Camera, screen, feel, battery

Cons

• No touch screen

P diddy alternatives:

Sage
posted on 22 Jul 2011, 20:51

The Phone is defective, do not buy.

Sage has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone seems nice at first glance. It's a low cost phone that has a full keypad and decent functionality. This would be a good phone... if it worked. The Strive has a serious known defect, but Samsung refuses to recall, or even acknowledge it. My phone was replaced 3 times before I got a different model, and several other friends dealt with the same issues. Apparently the phone fries itself if the battery runs too low, making it so the phone will not charge, or not turn on. If you are traveling and let your phone die, you may never be able to turn it on again! This seems to be a common defect on all the strive phones. Shame on you Samsung!

Pros

• Low cost

Cons

• Defective
  • Should be recalled.

Kaitlyn
posted on 23 Sep 2010, 08:45

Good deal, Good Quality, Great phone

I like this phone A LOT it is one of the free phones that is avaliable if you sign a two year contract with AT&T. I've had it for about 3 months and I'm completely content. I love slider phones my fav was the LG Shine and the wide screen reminds me of my old shine that i baptized in the Gulf of Mexico by accident. =/Pros:Big screenGood Quality CameraUseful featuresConversation style text messagingfull keyboardGood batteryjust the right size and very lightCons:keyboard is a little crampedmessages gets out of order often

KKDIEZ
posted on 28 Jul 2010, 06:16

Not A Good Choice

The battery life is HORRIBLE.  Two months ago, started out ok, could get thru the day on a charge.  But within the last three weeks, it would only go a couple hours.  Take it off the charger and it would still say low battery.  Now, after charging all night (and turned off) it will flash low battery and restart itself.  Unfortunately, now we have found that poor battery life is not unusual for this phone, and there is no battery upgrade.

Pros

• cute, easy to use

Cons

• BATTERY LIFE