Samsung SGH-T339 User Reviews

dwills
posted on 26 Mar 2010, 10:49

SGH-T339 HORRIBLE PHONE

Both the wife and i got the same phone about 2 months ago, noticed right away it would drop calls for no reason when using the home cable wireless network.  Battery life slowly got worse, finally last week BOTH phones will not hold a charge more than a day (even without ANY use), then they must be recharged overnight.   Something wrong with this phone.  Havent called tmobile or samsung (gotta charge the phone again) but i expect they wont fix it...back to using my old moto-razor, at least it worked solidly for years. I suspect this is like the tip of the iceberg and another case of a company not owning up to what is clearly a problem...like toyota for example.  Hmm.  I started a blog where folks can complain and refer others to...hang on to those phones maybe we can escalate this problem to someone who can do something.

Pros

• liked the camera/video features.

Cons

• dropped calls, battery life goes down hill fast.

posted on 24 Mar 2010, 15:02

If I would have only known what I know now!

This phone has been a nightmare since we purchased it...the calls drop every 5 minutes no matter what type of connectivity it has. We replaced the phone once after 4 hours and several attempts with tech support. My husband was waiting for phone interviews and would have to we would have to swap out sim cards just to take the call and not drop. I have been SOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed in this phone and T-Mobile's response and lack of willingness to deal with the problem. For a basic phone we liked the features but the issues with the calls dropping has created such as issue we are thinking about leaving T-Mobile after 5 years. Buyers beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Cons

• DROPPED CALLS, DROPPED CALLS, DROPPED CALLS!!!!!!

debi marqette
posted on 05 Jan 2010, 20:43

dont know what ever one is talking about t339

this phone is the best that i ever brought of course you must charge after you use it ever day thats all phones its great especially if your home doesn't get signal takes nice pictures to bad t-mobile is disconute the phone alot of people will be upset well i better get some back up ones before there isnt any left

Pros

• its the best i give it a 10 plus

Cons

• there isnt any

Dan Marlett
posted on 09 Oct 2009, 05:38

Bad Phone

The t-339 is a bad phone.  Tmobile has been trying to convince me that I am the only one having problems with this phone but I see that isn't true.  It shuts itself off unexpectedly and sometimes can't hold a charge for more than a few hours even without using it.  I am on my second phone and my third battery in three months.  Still the problems persist.  I just arranged for my third replacement but if tmobile won't admit that there is a problem I don't see much chance of things getting any better.

Frank Intown
posted on 09 Jul 2009, 14:51

2.7

I wish, I wish, with all my heart...

... that I had not bought this phone. 1 month, second phone (first one dead after a week or 2) the battery with no usage dies after 1 day. Camera not very good at all. Cannot program short cut keys at all. WiFi unusable unless you want really long delays in your conversation - people usually hang up becasuse they think you're not there. external display turns off, slow to turn on. No indication you missed a call/have a message. All told, I wish I had my 6-year old sg315 back. At least it was solid.

Pros

• nice color

Cons

• too many to mention

mda
posted on 03 Mar 2009, 14:39

SGH-T339 , not impressed

I have had this phone only a couple of weeks, and I have had friends complain about how I sound. "breathing heavy", sounds like I am calling in a "wind storm". After a series of tech calls that each lasted an hour and series of tests, the phone is being replaced. The microphone is too sensitive. I have found that it also does retain my settings that I program in. Also, the ring tones are not impressive. sounds like tones even my grandmother would discard. Can there really be elevator music ring tones. My old phone took better pics than this, and this is supposed to be an upgrade. No wonder T-Mobile talked me into this phone and another 2 year controact....they are desparate to be rid of their problem child.

Pros

• lots of features

Cons

• unfortunately, features are not as impressive as sound.

Aggravated
posted on 23 Feb 2009, 14:20

It's a very ornery thing.  You program all your settings and it won't save them.  Ring tones and wallpapers are very few and nothing anyone wants.  I'm really sorry I got this thing and now I'm sending it back!

Pros

• Nice design, sleek.

Cons

• Doesn't save any settings like font size for writing texts or vibration/ringing preferences. Definitely not user friendly.

Imaris
posted on 21 Nov 2008, 18:33

very unhappy

At first I liked this phone then i realized its not that great granted I got it free when i signed up w/ Tmobile..but it shuts off by itself..the mp3 player suck.. no front display...and you cant set your text message tone to a song..how gay!!!...otherwise its ok i guess but i am very unpleased with this phone

Pros

• it has a mp3 player and a video recorder

Cons

• good wifi...good company...nice color...

apih
posted on 09 Nov 2008, 20:59

The phones maximum ringtone volume is low.  I called T-Mobile, they ran numerous tests, reset the phone and finally sent a new phone. Well the volume on this phone is poor also.  After reading other peoples reviews, I have come to the result that this phone was very poorly designed.  My former Samsung which may have been inexpensive, however I believe it was a better phone, was replaced by this one on an insurance claim.  I am just thankful I only have until March and this blasted contract is up!  I'll definately be moving on.

posted on 05 Nov 2008, 07:43

T339 SHUTS ITSELF OFF!!!!!!!!!

I upgraded to this phone two weeks ago and I am have a problem with the phone shutting off itself.  I am very disappointed in this phone.  I have read other people are having the same trouble.  As I write my phne is shutting off and going on but never stay on.  I will be contacing t-mobile today to get a different phone.  I would get the same one but because there have been write ups on the same problem I decided to get a different.  I would not recommend this phone.   I do like the color and the size except for the problem I an having and the srceen is quit small.   The previous phone I had was the Razor and had no problems.  Great battery!!!  Nice screen.  I just thought I would try somthing new.   Big mistake.

Pros

• The color is nice.

Cons

• Keeps shutting off by itself. Screen is too small in comparision to the Razor phone I had before.

Beverly
posted on 02 Nov 2008, 21:30

2.7

T339

Love the color.....but....had the phone a week when it started shutting itself off. Thought it was something I was doing, so it took me a week to realize, it's NOT me. Called tmobile, and they're sending me a new phone. HATE that there's notice of a missed call or voice mail.Will keep it the 'new' phone for one week, if I'm not happy, I'll tmobile and see about getting a different phone.....maybe the t409??I like the phone better then the Razr, but not if I keep having problems!!

Pros

• Color is Great!(Carolina) WiFi is a great idea.

Cons

• No notice of voicemail.Keeps turinging itself off!

Broonie
posted on 20 Sep 2008, 08:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Sep 2008)

T339 hangs up on me... has no battery life

I bought this phone a month ago and am now up to charging it every other day after approximately 15-20 minutes of talk time.  I am willing to try a new battery - I just want to see how long it stays charged this time.  Irritately, it also hangs itself up, notably while on Wi-Fi, but it also hangs up while on GSM.
Like other reviews, I find that the camera button is in the worst possible place.  If it has to be there, why can't it be recessed???

Pros

• Blocked call list is great... I love putting my own ringtones on it.

Cons

• This needs a better battery life. Why is it hanging up all the time?

Euri
posted on 19 Sep 2008, 12:36

Descent Phone...Some Flaws

I have had this phone for a week so far and it has been great.  I have never had reception problems all across Florida, rural or urban areas.  I upgraded from a T509 candybar style phone to my first flip phone.  My only real disappointment is the charger port (and battery), it is different than the T509 which aggravated me to no end...one of the reasons I continued with Samsung thinking I'd be able to carry over all my parts/accessories.  Granted, it is just the car and home chargers I have but I was still irked by the fact that Samsung produces so many types of plugs for their products and doesn't use any standard (like mini/microUSB). The phone's interface is easy to navigate.  Great bluetooth capability allowed my T509 to transfer my entire address book to the T339 in about a half a minute!  I tried this with a Nokia 6301 and could not find that feature (I've been out of the Nokia scene for a while though).  The real reason I got this phone, other than it being free, was for the Wi-Fi (HotSpot@Home) feature.  That works pretty well, although it won't give you the range of a laptop wi-fi.  I am able to get reception upstairs using a multi-directional antenna on the router and maybe 1 to 2 bars downstairs through concrete; I would assume wood construction may improve this.  Transfer between the tower and the router isn't seamless, although I noticed no change during one switch; it may have had to do with the signal strength of...

Pros

• Call quality, solid feel, GSM talk time, connectivity option (BT, wi-fi, tri-band), easy to use

Cons

• No front LCD screen options, sticky keys (may need more use, doesn't affect input), 8 hour standby when connected to H@H/wi-fi, no standard plugs (USB), too thick to fit in a pocket comfortably, no missed call/voicemail notification unless phone is flipped open, no notification tone option

Neil Goldstein
posted on 16 Sep 2008, 19:33

An external display that doesn't display!

Needed a Wi-Fi phone to get good service in my house on had to leave TMobile.  I like look and feel of this phone but they sent me the phone and the external display only stayed on a few seconds after you closed the flip & then went dark.  Called Tmobile & they said defective send back.  Got second phone same problem but this time tech confirmed by using phone available to them and by checking with another tech who has this phone as their personal phone that the external display is designed that way.  Why have an external display that doesn't display anything?  Returning the phone and will have to go with plan B.  Just beware if you've had flips and like having an external display visible with the basic info of time, signal strength, missed call, or message received then this isn't the phone for you.

Leon
posted on 25 Jun 2008, 11:51

good phone

I recently posted that i left tmobile for verizon because all tmobile phones were like kids phones. I left 28 days ago and baught the alias from vzw. Then i saw this phone and ported back this is a really nice phone i have the h@h. I cant believe what a good little phone for 50 well worth the money iam glad iam back tmobile. With verizon i had to have the unlimted for as much as i talk on a cell phone and i talk,well it was costing me 130 with tax. With tmobile i have 700 my faves and the hotspot at home unlimted text and two other phones 115.00 i will never leave again tmobile...........................................................................