Samsung SGH-T329 User Reviews

Reen
posted on 10 Feb 2011, 23:01

Amazing

Reen has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had this phone for a year before I kicked it (on accident) and it broke. The call quality is decent for people who call. The texting is okay. It takes some getting used to for the numeric keypad but it's doable. I enjoyed this phone a lot. The games are great and its small. The keys are easy and its very simple. I recomend this phone to anyone who wants a great flip. The only issue is that it started acting up after a year. The battery died quickly and sometimes it wouldn't turn on. It also got scratched easily. Toward the end, the reception was horrible. you also can't take any vids but the camera is great.

• calls
  • texting

Cons

• numeric keypad
  • flip

posted on 09 Aug 2010, 08:46

Great Phone for Seniors

I knew that since my grandma was older, she needed a cell phone, but she didn't want one with any high-end features. The Samsung Stripe (SGH-t329) was our solution. Hers is Silver in color, and runs on the T-Mobile Prepaid service. She knows how to answer it when a call comes in, how to dial out, and how to check how many minutes she has remaining. I love that I can get a hold of her whenever I need to, and she feels confident knowing she has a cell phone for when there's an emergency, and so we can get a hold of her when she's out. I love this cell phone, and recommend it for any senior or person who has never owned a cell phone before. Great job, T-Mobile and Samsung!

Pros

• Simplistic, Easy-To-Use

Kay
posted on 21 Nov 2009, 06:38

2.3

OK...but kinda Bad

I've had the samsung stripe for one year now. I hate to say you should buy this phone, because you shouldn't. The battery can't come out. You have to basically get plyers to open the slot. Your inbox can only hold thirty text messages, which isn't alot. There are lots of cool effects with the camera, and you can even send them to your email, but most pics are blurry. This phone gets really dinged up easily, and the keys sometimes stick. NO video, and I get texts three days after they were sent!! The battery doesn't last long either.... I would recommend to put your money into a better phone.

raven
posted on 13 Sep 2009, 17:47

samsung sgh t329

Good phone, very small and light weight. Good for texting and making calls. The camera is not that sharp, but already expected because of the price. I like the design and when you flip/flip out the phone it makes cute sound. Good for those people who has a tight budget.

posted on 04 Sep 2009, 20:04

2.3

Worst phone i've ever had

It's a cheap phone and doesn't have very good features, which is to be expected, but the quality of this phone is horrible. In my experience it was very fragile. After about 2 months of use, the battery refused to charge. I thought it was the battery so I changed it with a spare, which wouldn't charge either. In addition to a bad charging port, the service was also very bad and I would get 5 bars one second and no service the next while standing still.

Pros

• cheap, works (at least for a little while), looks kinda nice

Cons

• cheaply made (even feels cheap) , not very durable, bad call quality, terrible service, keys wear out easily, even for a light texter, scratches very easily

posted on 08 Oct 2008, 16:12

Don't Get This Phone!

I got this phone after my SGH-t319 had an unfortunate encounter with water and broke. I bought the Stripe because it was similar to it. Wrong! I had multiple problems with this phone while I had it. First, the phone would ring and I wouldn't pick it up because I couldn't feel its vibration feature. I wouldn't find out that I missed a call until i flipped it up and an alert came up on the screen. Not on my old t319. Second, the camera quality is horrible. It was better on my t319. Next, the phone could not take pictures without you flipping it up. I could do that without having to flip my t319 up. Also, the color is oh-so-ugly and boring. My t319 was blue, and I liked it better. I have since switched to Verizon and like my Chocolate 8550 better than this. If you don't mind missing calls, having a good camera, or taking quick snapshots, get this phone. If you do, like me, don't get it. I didn't, and still don't, like this phone. Good thing T-Mobile/Samsung discontinued it and replaced it with the Samsung t239 and t339, both of which address my complaints.

Pros

• Durable, good ringers

Cons

• Call quality, accidentally missing calls, crappy camera quality, not being able to take pictures with the flip closed

Becky
posted on 29 Sep 2008, 14:54

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE PHONE

I have been a very pleased T-mobile customer for 4 years until I got this phone 4 months ago. It constantly drops calls and the signal goes up and down without moving.  T-Mobile is replacing the phone with a Motorola which I have always had good luck with!

posted on 16 Sep 2008, 15:18

Was a nice phone.

This was a great phone when I had it. I broke my t319, and this was the closest to it. It had an easy-to-read external b/w screen and color interior screen, great color, and the finish stayed on great. The keypad was good, and I liked the cool menu style, and the choice of keypad sounds. I miss the sounds on my new phone :(

Pros

Cons

• Not all the features

Kelly
posted on 05 Aug 2008, 11:21

Serves its purpose

I have had far too many phones to even begin to list. This is a good, reliable phone for a low cost, but it is not comparable to other similar sized phones. I got it because my phone broke and they would not replace it, so I bought the cheapest one the store had to offer, for around $80. The battery lasts me for days at a time, the phone is a good size, and it is reliable. I have had a few dropped calls with it, but nothing too drastic. Every feature on it serves its purpose. Its not the best, but there are certainly worse phones out there.

Danny
posted on 05 Jul 2008, 17:54

My first Samsung...

I have had this for nearly a year now, and it has its ups and downs. The camera, for one, is quite unimpressive. And with a 0.3 megapixel camera, one can expect that type of performance.

The other major issue I have is the phone has quite a bit of difficulty finding a signal inside a building. That is something that is hard to overlook... I'm getting a Motorola RIZR Z3, I need something cooler and something that'll pick up a better signal for me.

anonymous
posted on 31 May 2008, 13:15

2.4

Own 2, both drop calls constantly

I own 2 of these phones, and they both constantly drop calls. I can be sitting still and the call drops with 5 bars.

Also I get not allowed a lot as well when trying to receive and make calls.

mike
posted on 18 Feb 2008, 17:22

Decent

This phone is good for regular phone use i bought it after owning 2 samsungs prior to this one and that is the reason i bought it and i am overall pleased with my purchase as of so far only had it for about 6 months and would recomend it to anyone who needs a basic phone for a decent price, the camera is not all that great but does the job and overall size of the phone is perfect size not to small but just small enough

john
posted on 04 Jan 2008, 21:13

3.2

samsung stripe

if theres any one who is going to buty this phone dont because its a rip off the blue tooth dont work their should be something cause it was $90 if there is any one that can help me with the bluetooth plzzzzz but im gettting a blackberry (still want the help)

posted on 22 Dec 2007, 09:17

3.2

Worst Phone Ive Owned

This phone constantly drops phone calls and no one can hear me on it. The camera on the phone sucks as well. I would advise people not to get this phone. I like the way this phone looks, and the colorful numbers. Thats about it.

elske
posted on 04 Aug 2007, 14:38

Bluetooth?

I've bought this phone a week ago, but the bluetooth still doesn't work... I can't connect with my computer (who has a bluetooth that works perfect!) and I can't connect either to other phones with good working bluetooth! If there is someone who could help me, let me know please... I like this phone very much, exept the bluetooth of course..

onezik
posted on 12 Jul 2007, 02:36

Good Basic Cell Phone

This phone is not for the techie who should go after the I phone or blackberry etc. But If you are looking for a phone to receive a call, text message, explore bluetooth technology and take basic phone pictures without breaking the bank -- this phone is for you.
I paid $80 bucks for it and it's been wonderful.
It also has a speaker phone for hands free communication.