Samsung SGH-M600 User Reviews

Fredo
posted on 29 Jun 2009, 10:15

Son of Samsung

This phone is my third Samsung. The first died due to waterlogging, so fair enough. The second began to fade due to a plethora of technical issues, including display fading, whiteouts, powerouts, freezing, call dropping and sound cut outs, as well as the occasional blackout. As you can probably tell, I bought a new one, the M600, and my third Samsung. It looks sleek, stylish and very smooth, a very charming slide up and just looks the part.
My first real issue came with texting and the set up. I still have no idea where to change the settings from T9 to standard, numbers or punctuation (though that's sheer idiocy on my part), and there are irritating delays when switching from screens or typing. This, however, I pinned down just to the OS, and figure it's still a good phone. However I then started to use the camera; it not only produces low quality photos (unless you stand there like a Victorian photographer and hold it very still indeed), but it doesn't actually save them unless you press a whole series of buttons. Again, mostly my idiocy.
Then of course there are the phone calls; I can be happily chatting one minute and the phone will cut out for no apparent reason. Or I can dial a number, press call and wait, to return either to a blank screen having heard no ring tone, or to be granted with a beep and no answer/voicemail/ringtone etc. Then of course I get a text message I'm expecting only it isn't a text message I'm expecting, it's one, sometimes two or three, from anywhere...

Pros

• Looks sharp.
  • Slidey front.
  • Great battery life.

Cons

• Whiteout
  • Blackout
  • Call drops
  • Text "drops"/switching
  • "Upside down screen"
  • "Salvador Dali screen"
  • Designed to be replaced quickly, thus boosting sales.
  • Not compatible with previous Samsung chargers.

posted on 20 Sep 2008, 05:02

extremely crappy phone with no data cable or PC uplink and crappy sound quality. the display brightness automatically went up and now you can barely read it. call drop very easily as well.

ghost
posted on 11 Oct 2007, 15:54

good phone but 1 big negative

it realy sucks u cant set in settings to disable T9, u always have to disable T9 when u want to write a message.

TomAby
posted on 24 Aug 2007, 08:33

Excellent Phone

Stylish, and very small.

Connectivity is limited it even dont have a IR.
and memory too very limited.

Only in looks it is excellent.

It supports mp3 ring tones but It would have been perfect if it was having at least an IR.