Samsung SGH-A167 User Reviews

Anthony
posted on 05 Jan 2011, 20:14

Hated it

Anthony has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It comes with the at&t go phone, which robs you. This phone is very basic and does not take good pictures. I like the blue color though. Never get at&t. I was not happy with this phone. It always kept a good charge. If you like to text and you see this phone... run!

Build quality 4/10 Vertical flip phones are so obsolete!
Reception 2/10 at&t If you live in wyoming, forget about getting this phone and at&t
Call quality 7/10 works well... when in range
Internet 1/10 ha! ha! yeah right.
Multimedia 2/10 pictures
Camera 4/10 zooms, but crappy quality, makes square pictures and only takes 200 photos. Not expandable memory.
Text input 2/10 good luck with the numeric keypad
Display 3/10 don't like the screen
Battery 10/10 never had a problem with it

Pros

• good charge
  • never sent calls that i didn't dial

Cons

• at&t/go phone
  • bad camera
  • vertical flip
  • non colored external screen
  • hard to text
  • hard to use/understand
  • akward procedure to record sound
  • when making multimedia, everything is based on sending messages

Anthony alternatives:

Redmyst
posted on 27 Jul 2010, 04:23

Best Audio Quality... and nothing else

This phone has a terrible user interface, predominately  un-customizable  buttons, substandard camera, and NO bluetooth support.  That being said, the is no better phone that I have encountered for pure audio quality.  Other people come can hear you as though your are standing next to them, and they sound clear and comfortably loud.  If I had given this phone to my girlfriend before we moved in together, we could have saved a lot of time spent saying "what did you say?  I know, it's your phone, but I can barely hear you.  F*** it, let's just get on skype."PS:  I do not use this phone as a go-phone.  To those of you on monthly plans like me, buying go-phones is great way to stay out of contract.  You'll have greater flexibility, and customer service will treat you like you actually matter.

Pros

• Outstanding sound quality

Cons

• everything else

L. G. Johnson
posted on 03 Sep 2009, 20:43

Misrepresentation

When I went to Samsung's website and looked this phone up, it had two bluetooth devices listed as compatible.  On the strength of this, I purchased one of the devices, only to find that the phone does NOT support bluetooth.  I have seen the AT&T announcement of this phone for their GoPhone and that ALSO claims this phone supports bluetooth.

Pros

• - GoPhone

Cons

• - The most unintuitive user interface I have ever seen
  • - Available web information, including at manufacturer's website, is inaccurate and misleading

katey
posted on 12 Aug 2009, 10:22

Samsung A-167 Go Phone

I have this phone for AT&T's Go Phone service. I picked it because I wanted a flip phone and I wanted a camera. There aren't many choices for the Go Phone, and this was the only flip phone. Its features and performance are dated, meaning if it were 2004 this phone would be at least a mid-range phone. The camera is only .3 megapixels, it doesn't have Bluetooth, which are mid-range functions I can do without. If you want a phone with high end-features like 3G web browsing and video streaming and a music player and all that, then this phone sure wouldn't be anywhere near meeting your wants. As for needs, it makes good, loud calls, I can hear the person I'm talking to, they can hear me well. Text messaging is fine, except the phone is a bit small, so it gets a little cramped. The external screen can't be used to take pictures with the phone closed, and  there is no camera shortcut button, but like I said, if you want to do basic things with this phone, which is probably why you have a prepaid or Go Phone in the first place, then this phone does its job.

Pros

• makes calls
  • loud speakerphone
  • buttons are not flat and flush to surface of phone

Cons

• no Bluetooth
  • keyboard could be more spacious
  • no external color screen
  • internal screen resolution weak
  • camera resolution weak
  • small size