Samsung Pixon12 User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Internet5/10Call quality5/10Battery4/10Reception5/10Display10/10Build quality10/10Text input10/10Everyday usage7/10UI speed6/10Camera10/10Multimedia5/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 15 Nov 2010, 05:10
Samsung gt-m8910 PIXON 12 review
SPIROS has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review
HAVE IT FOR 12 MONTHS...
-> THE GOOD
1. Excellent photos
2. Very good Video capture
3. Excellent Touch Screen (colors – contrast – sensitivity)
4. Powerful Xenon flash (for photos in dark)
5. Good Led flash (for videos in dark)
-> THE BAD
1. Weak antenna call signal
2. Weak WiFi signal (much much worse than other WiFi phones)
3. Blurry night-video even with sufficient lighting conditions
4. Zoom In/Out in picture preview lacks accuracy and is made only by scrolling your finger on the screen (not by using the +/- buttons)
5. Crazy Accelerometer in photos preview (picture skipping)
6. Incoming Text Message for sms delivery report (have to delete them all the time) instead of pop ups.
7. YouTube videos simply cannot be watched (absolutely terrible picture quality)
8. Easy to scratch screen (do not remove the screen protector whatsoever)
9. Poor battery duration (lasts 2 days at most)
10. Lower than average usability and response when it comes to internet browsing.
IF you are looking for an affordable phone with great camera and screen display, this is it!
Otherwise, do not bother.
Build quality 10/10Reception 5/10Call quality 5/10Internet 5/10Multimedia 5/10Camera 10/10UI speed 6/10Everyday usage 7/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 4/10
- 1. Excellent photos
- 2. Very good Video capture
- 3. Excellent Touch Screen (colors – contrast – sensitivity)
- 4. Powerful Xenon flash (for photos in dark)
- 5. Good Led flash (for videos in dark)
- 1. Weak antenna call signal
- 2. Weak WiFi signal (much much worse than other WiFi phones)
- 3. Blurry night-video even with sufficient lighting conditions
- 4. Zoom In/Out in picture preview lacks accuracy and is made only by scrolling your finger on the screen (not by using the +/- buttons)
- 5. Crazy Accelerometer in photos preview (picture skipping)
- 6. Incoming Text Message for sms delivery report (have to delete them all the time) instead of pop ups.
- 7. YouTube videos simply cannot be watched (absolutely terrible picture quality)
- 8. Easy to scratch screen (do not remove the screen protector whatsoever)
- 9. Poor battery duration (lasts 2 days at most)
- 10. Lower than average usability and response when it comes to internet browsing.
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 14 Aug 2010, 11:08
Really great phone!
Used this phone for a week after my Pixon, Pixon12 is really great compared to the Pixon.
-Really clear and large image compared to pixon's 8megapixel.
-Wifi that Pixon do not have
-Much more smoother Web browsing
A great choice for camera lover although the Satio is also a good choice because of it's Faster speed and it is a smartphone but i can say the Pixon12 got a better camera for its image quality. Recommended!Design 10/10Features 10/10Performance 10/10
- Best Camera currently
- No 3.5mm like the Pixon
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 06 Aug 2010, 04:00
Pixon fan will love it!
This phone is really great as it has powerful camera, better than Satio!
Great multimedia features, have WiFi which made me forget my Pixon completely!
This is a phone for people who loves to have good diigital camera but would want a phjone instead, this phone camera's quality is as good enough as digital camera!Design 10/10Features 10/10Performance 10/10
- -Currently best Camera on any phone
- -WiFi, good browser
- -Smartphone like, good organiser and Multi Tasking
- -The next Pixon
- -Still no 3.5mm
- -12 megapixel but Video taking isnt as good as expected
- -Touch sensitivity can be better
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 02 Jun 2010, 14:16 (Posts: 36; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)
Samsung Pixon 12 really sux....man, don't buy it or you'll regret for it, I;ve bought it for 2 weeks and it needs repairs but I can't find their service centres in Singapore.
Touch doesn't always respond. Sometimes I hit a button 3 - 4 times before it responds to the touch. I have tried experimenting with the virbrate feedback response level but this seems to make no difference, except that setting it to 1 or 0 makes the touch screen completely unresponsive. Is there any way of imporoving the reliability of the touch experience?
The desktop wallpaper seems to keep reverting to the default wallpaper. This is despite the correct wallpaper being configured in display settings.
P.S- Even after update it doesn't work well. Moreover, it looks cheap too.Design 3/10Features 2/10Performance 1/10
- 12mp camera
- Laggy touch,inadequate flash, ugly UI,Looks cheap, and lousy speakers,clumsy bluetooth and wifi handling,phone hangs a lot even after the update.
3 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 02 Jun 2010, 14:06 (Posts: 36; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)
Firstly,I'd like to point out this so-called very good camera lens which is 28mm but bcos of very clmsily managed design it can be spoiled very easily when you put it into pockets, the phone's UI is very ugly.I was almost get this while I was finding a camera phone but when I see it outside it is very hard to recommend it. too bad, I got Satio now which is very pleasing yet it is not amoled but it is 16:9 nHD(nano HD techonology which is more or less like Amoled) but it has bigger screen and a lot more responsive than pixon 12, as their UI isn't user-friendly at all as I get lost so easily.I am from Singapore and today is 03/06/2010 (Thursday) but yet havn't even seen 1 pixon users but many satio users, they do well in LCD TVs but in phone they are so bad, and played dirty too. I won't post their bad news here, as they've been well-known for cheating in mobile markets.I got Satio now and very much happy. Cheers :)Design 2/10Features 5/10Performance 5/10
- 12 mp camera wide lens,amoled screen
- Ugly UI, unresponsive touch,very sluggish design, call sound is unclear
2 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
Yassir H. Hamdi
posted on 24 Dec 2009, 04:57
The best phone
Hi allI allways look for whats best in the phone market and with Pixon12 i fund what i was looking for. I used Nokias & SEs and i have also used samsungs, befor It was the Innova8 which was my No.1 but after I got the Pixon12 my mined was changed about my No.1.YassirDesign 9/10Features 10/10Performance 9/10
10 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report