Samsung Hue II User Reviews

Jean Billingsley
posted on 14 Apr 2010, 11:34

samsung 600, bad phone

bought brand new, tried to use it for tethering.  phone would over heat. Had it replaced twice
sure wish I would have know about this site, and what others thought about this phone.
It's ok for just plan talking.  It will not tether (connect laptop to web ) very long at all with out
over heating badly. warns you to stop charging or you will ruin the phone.  Should have gotten
a blackberry

Pros

• ok to use to plan talk. like the big buttons

Cons

• over heats badly, supposed to be able to tether with it but you can not do so for very long at a time. 15- 30 mins at time. It will over heat. If you are not finished with what you are doing you will lose it or the phone.
  • it will over heat an ruin the phone

Penny
posted on 25 Jan 2010, 13:12

BAD PHONE

This is a terrible phone. I just bought it in May and it now Jan and I have to buy a new one. I started having problems 5 months after I bought it. My texts wouldn't always come in and it kept trying to say my memory was full when it had nothing in it. A few weeks ago the battery life started to turn bad. It now has to be charge at least once a day (sometimes more). My friend has the exact same one and is having similar problems. The only thing this phone has going for it was that it was free.

Pros

• Was free

Cons

• Everything!!!

Kyle
posted on 12 Mar 2009, 21:11

crapy!

I've had the Hue 2 for about a month and of course i got the lemon out of the bunch. I've had a few different problems. First, every now and then when I go to make a call, the phone doesn't ever start to call, i always have to restart the phone. Second, a few times i've send texts to about ten people and not a single one got any message. Last! I droped it for the first time from like four feet onto a rug, and now the volume button on the side is jammed or something because when i go to menu it just keeps going up, plus the four nubmer keys in the middle don't work (2,5,8 & 0) Now I have to get a new phone again. If you're getting this phone for your teenager. I wouldn't recomend it... it'll be broken within a month.. unless I just got the lemon phone.

Pros

• nice design, like the style, pictures are amazing.

Cons

• on occasion it decides not to send texts to anyone
  • also on occasion it decides it doesn't want to call anyone.
  • if you drop it, it'll probably break like mine did.

posted on 04 Mar 2009, 21:36

Great phone, but...

I've had this phone since it was released in late November. Nice features, but as others have reported, the battery life is far from great. I have this just for emergency use and mobile web/messaging. I charged the battery last night at work, unplugged it, and with intermittent web use, the low battery warning was going off about 3.5 hours later. I wish Samsung/Alltel would release an extended battery and cover for the Hue/Hue II (I have both, and managed to find an extended 3rd party battery and cover for the 500). My design score would be far higher if there was an extended battery option instead of carrying 2 spares around with me at all times.

Pros

• The best phone I've had so far...great camera for a phone

Cons

• Battery life is horrible...when I upgrade, I will NOT be buying a Samsung.

Derek
posted on 03 Jan 2009, 10:02

Samsung Hue II

I prefer the Samsung Hue II over the original because it seems to have much more updated things, and well it is very easy to use. The Hue II is also very good at menu speeds, taking pictures, taking videos, and its performs well at excellent call and sound quality, it even outperforms its predecessor on texting messaging and just about ALMOST anything. I give this phone kudos, since it has proven me more than my expectations.

Pros

• Excellent Camera/Video, Excellent Sound and Call quality. The best reception especially in rural areas.

Cons

• Short Battery Life must be charged frequently. (Daily)

Orie Bramblee
posted on 26 Dec 2008, 10:56

Nice big numbers on dispay, big keypad. Battery life 1.5 to 2 days at the most. First phone had terrible static noise on both ends, could hardly understand at times. Phone was replaced but battery life still very short.

Pros

• Large keypad and display

Cons

• Short battery life