Samsung Highnote User Reviews

drama girl ♥
posted on 29 Dec 2010, 22:55

i would sooo recommend!!

drama girl ♥ has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i've had this phone for 2years now which means its time for me to up- grade. this phone has litterly ben through hell and back... from dropping it on concrete to dropping it in water this phone is still in pretty good condition... the battery life use to be great but now since it has water damage and the fact it's old it kinda sucks... i no sprint dont carry this phone anymore but if u do find one out there i would so recommend it especially to a first time cell phone user (:

Reception 8/10 i say this because all though i live practically in the middle of no where i drop calls alot

Dani
posted on 22 Oct 2009, 14:11

2.7

Would NOT recomend

I had this phone for 5 months...and I hate it!!  80% of the times people calls me I don't get the calls.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ...

Pros

• I like how you can upload pictures & music from the computer

Cons

• BAD reception

LaurenB
posted on 17 Oct 2009, 19:01

I've had this phone for almost a year now and it's been great. my friends and i love walking around with the music blasting.
i some reviews about having to pay to get music u already had on it? i have 475 songs on my memory card and they all play great and i didnt have to pay to get a sinlge one of them on. you jsut have to know how to transfer music from your computer to the folder on your phone.
i've dropped this phone MANY times and it's only gotten a few chips on the top but they're very small and the screen hasnt cracked for me
overall i think this phone is pretty good and its worked very well for me

Pros

• loud music, texting, easy to get around, internet, caller ID

Cons

• freezes up every once in a while

posted on 29 Sep 2009, 22:37

I have had this phone for a couple of months now and it has survived being dropped on concrete, on gravel and getting submerged in water for about 20 seconds. Whoever the person that said you have to pay for the music is, that is untrue. you CAN pay to BUY music on the phone, but this phone comes with a micro card and reader. you plug it right into a USB drive, open the folder and can copy and pasty videos, music, pictures, ect on and off the phone. It takes excellent pictures. There may not be a lot of ring tones to pick from but this can be solved by either 1) getting them sent from a text ring tone site or 2) if you are like me and can not text, the phone has a camcorder and you can record them.

Pros

• -large speaker, very LOUD
  • -stylish
  • -perfect size
  • -good picture quality
  • -easy to transfer pictures/ videos/ ect on computer from phone

Cons

• -wish there were more ring tones

Nunya Bizness
posted on 03 Sep 2009, 14:10

...Disappointed.

My first phone. Great phone i thought.

But then reality hit me in the face.
THREE TIMES.
I was at my buddy's place, and all of the sudden, service blacked out.
Had to get a new one.
I was at my buddy's place, and this kid, he was kinda weak, cracked the screen.
That's right a weak kid cracked it with his pinky finger!
And again last night, when my mom tossed my pants to me.
My Samsung Highnote M630 was in my pants pocket.
It hit the floor, and the screen cracked.

The screen, the wimpiest I had ever seen.
I had bought this phone because I was going to listen to music.
It turns out, you have to pay to listen to your own mp3 files.
I was very disappointed with this phone.
I am headed to Sprint tonight to get the LG Lotus.

My advice to you, don't get this phone if you are going
to be listening to mp3 files. I have had this model since April,
so I have experience. Bye Bye Samsung Highnote!

Pros

• Good phone to go through menus with,
  • because of the scroll wheel.

Cons

• Small screen,
  • costs extra to play music,
  • small talk, back, and end buttons
  • very few ringtones,
  • A lot about this phone is a con.
  • Do NOT Buy this phone.

jhlmsiii
posted on 09 May 2009, 09:57

Sprint's user interface sucks for the music capabilities.

I've had this device for a few months and i mostly use it for just multimedia purposes......  sprint's media player sucks when you use the full 16gb of memory that it says it can handle... this is bull. It takes forever to load all the music i stored into it. And the sprint 1-click gets severely annoying after a while. The camera was mediocre and the video capabilities suck because sometimes its a bit blocky....
and the dual slider mechanism is annoying also since i usually wanna put the phone in my pocket, it'll switch to the media player and drain my battery life.

but the phone abilities are great...which is what this device should have been centered around.

Pros

• -It can use 16gb of msdhc music
  • -Speaker is very loud so i can share my music
  • -love the dedicated texting key
  • -phone capabilities are excellent

Cons

• -Takes FOREVER to load HC cards 8gb+
  • -pics are not so great
  • -slider slides too much in pocket
  • -Video i kinda blocky
  • - i hate sprints multimedia programs

Brian
posted on 19 Apr 2009, 15:45

Would recommend.

I've had this phone for a week, it was an upgrade from a Sanyo Katana. I picked this phone because it had alot of features in a simple design, I'm not too keen on the qwerty. This phone is way better than my Katana in every way exept texting. The butons are a little small for me and I liked the Sanyos "add word" option in the T-9. Sanyo has the shortcut to add words in the autosuggest. On the Samsung, when a word doesn't come up, you need to back up and switch to ABC mode and enter. It's only a minor inconvienience. Conversly, it gives a "used word dictionary" that scans text and contacts for new words. It's really cool, but it gives some odd results in autosuggest.
The display is nice as is the camera. The selling point of this phone is the speakers, they are really loud and sound better than I was hoping for. The Katana was too quiet for me, I missed lots of calls. I also love how you can edit the carousel, adding, removing and rearranging tiles. I haven't explored the browser or the maps, but the download speeds are quite fast.
the call quality is good. It has much less background noise than I'm used to.
I did have some issues with transfering music and pics from my mac. the phone locked up when I would look at pics. But Sprint replaced the phone for free.
It was this or the Rant. I would make the same choice again. No phone is perfect, this is the best one I've owned so far.

Pros

• stylish
  • LOUD
  • lots of great features
  • easy to use

Cons

• texting could be better
  • buttons might be too small for some
  • USB cover is hard to open

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 22:55

Nice phone with loud speakers. If you like to hear sound in your uploaded games..don't get this phone. Sprint makes it so sound is only available when you purchase games from them