Samsung Gravity 2 User Reviews

Camera6.3/10

xxsammisweet
posted on 24 Jul 2011, 21:28

PHONE SUCKS

xxsammisweet has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Had this phone for about 6 months and only dropped it a few times. One day the screen completely blacked out when I opened the keyboard and soon the screen wouldn't turn on at all. Had to get a refurbished one but turned out I had to get a Grav3, sucks as well, screen broke after 3 months. Samsung needs to get its s*** together & make a better phone!

Pros

• Keyboard is good for texting.

Cons

• screen breaks after a few drops, barely any customizing options, sucks overall.

ken
posted on 23 Apr 2011, 12:56

great phone

ken has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

great phone, i read all of the reviews here and i haven't had one single problem with my phone at all. it is my first 3g phone for web and my first phone for texting to my sons (i hate texting, lol) but works great the keyboard is perfect for my not so nimble fingers. i am 54, lol. my sons are in their mid to late 20's and have the fancy iphones. and i can type as fast as they can, sometimes faster they say.the camera and sound and everything works great. haven't put any music on it. i have ipods for that. and don't know how, lol. all in all i like this phone. been using it since june 2010. only place i neer got reception was in the mountains of virginia where only verizon i think it is works. any way only one carrier and my sister and her husband and my step dad can't get reception on their homes with what they have. lol.i would have to drive to the top of the nearest mountain about 10 miles away and got 4 bars. i have some great videos of the mountain roads and great pics too. i love the gps too.

Pros

Cons

• nothing

I wish for a better phone
posted on 24 Mar 2011, 20:10

it Broke

I wish for a better phone has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i have had my samsung gravity 2 for a little more then a year now and just droped it from 1 foot and it broke now all there is is a bunch of diffrent colors so i am very mad with it and do not wish to have this phone again! i think a phone should at least last untill you can get a upgrade. now I have to go get a new phone a I think I will have to pay for it because it a few days more then a year, I got it on march 4 last year so very suck!

kingjames15
posted on 01 Jan 2011, 20:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jan 2011)

Phone needs work

kingjames15 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The samsung gravity was great when i first got it, but after about three months i noticed the keys were not working the way they should and the camera is not great. The text messaging feature only holds a certain amount of messages. It is 3g but can not pic up wifi like i wanted. The makers of this product didnt offer alot of colors with it.I think its good for a teen, I have the samsung vibrant very very good android phone, but the gravity is not something i would recommend to an adult or a person of business like myself

Allison Mcleod
posted on 10 Aug 2010, 15:16

2.3

DISAPPOINTED!

DO NOT GET THE GRAVITY 2!  The keyboard doesnt always work; I would want one letter and another pops up?.  The phone echos alot, I dont always get calls or I receive texts days later.  The purpose of having a keyboard is to be able to use it.  I always have bought Samsung and had no issues, I dont know what happened here!  I owned a Gravity 1 and loved it, gave it to my daughter, thought the Gravity 1 was great, I am sure the Gravity 2 is even better.  Was I wrong!  2wks after I got it, I complained and got a new one thinking the issues would be resolved and still the same.  PULL IT OFF THE SHELVES AND STOP SELLING THEM!  Not worth it at all!

Pros

Cons

• The keyboard doesnt always work; I would want one letter and another pops up?. The phone echos alot, I dont always get calls or I receive texts days later.

Jamie California
posted on 25 Jul 2010, 22:27

The BOMB!

I had a pissy phone which was the motorola ve240 that phone sucked.I was so agrravated that on my trip to the niagra falls i threw it into the trash but my friend picked it up,threw it on the floor,stepped on it a few times,picked it up and threw it down the waterfall.Luckily before all of that i wrote all of my contacts on a piece of paper which was in my pocket at the time.So i went and bought a new phone  which was the Samsung Gravity 2 may i say the phone rocks the bells.This phone is the bomb.I had it since August 17 2009. the camera is awesome,the keyboard  is cool the menu style is rocking but the volume is kinda silly.other than all of that i pretty much nothing to say

Pros

• Camera is good
  • Menu Style is chill
  • keyboard is nice

Cons

• Volume Problem

Becki
posted on 22 Jun 2010, 09:47

i hate it

I have had this phone for a while now and it sucks. If its not one thing its another. It echos so bad that I can't even talk. I don't receive calls. my screen broke on my first phone 2 weeks after i got it. Then sent me a refurb one and I am still paying for the new one I purchased. I'm very displeased with Samsung. They usually do a better job. I should have saved my money and got the cheap nokia.

Pros

• easy to use

Cons

• calls echo, cant hear, dont receive calls

blaine
posted on 15 Jun 2010, 00:30

one of the best

this was and still is my first keyboard phone and knowing that samsung has never let me down i decided to try it im glad i did there are problems with it but not many the first problem is when your playing games it randomly puases but its not that big of an issue the camera is ...... a camera not the best but it will do the job the slider after a few months it becomes a little lose still wating for thats finale . some people say it has bad bars i agree but you dont need full bars to make txt or call one or two normaly works for me. the batery life  is good for exstendid times but if your gonig on vacation or leaving for a few days bring a chrger unless it sits idle most of the time obviusly not my case but its your phone not mine havent had major problems yet probly wont though. the internet is pretty good it is actually faster than my computer but my computers a little ummm uotdated . warning using internet or in my case youtube will heat up devise and drain devises battery vary quickly so dont go for more than an hour on youtube or wacthng internet videos everheating risk trust me though in my experience it just got super hot shutdown for about an half hour until it cools and u cando wat u want again mine turned rite back on but ive always had luck on my side. if ur clumsie or drop phones often get the rubber case it tuffs it up trust me and makes it not slip . overall really good phone

posted on 11 May 2010, 09:42

I am a big Samsung fan. I have had several of their phone from numerous different cellular providers and they have always preformed extremely well and been as durable or more durable than any other phone I have had to date.With all that said I must say I am fairly displeased with the Gravity 2.My daughter purchased a Gravity2 for herself to use with our Family talk plan. The phone worked great for the first couple of months then the display started acting up. Half of it would turn solid pink while the other half worked fine. We also had issues with poor sound quality. What we noticed is there were times when she would text and the display would change from working to not working or from not working to working. This lead me to believe there was some form of a ribbon cable or contact system that was loosing connection when sliding out the qwerty keyboard. After taking the phone apart it was very easy to determine where the problem was. There is a black ribbon cable that attaches the main electronic board of the phone to the display. When the phone was slide open for texting this caused the ribbon cable to be pulled tight across the inside of the phone. When the phone was closed the tension was released on the cable. Over time the opening and closing of the phone, for texting, broke the contacts on the inside of this cable.I was able to repair the phone by simply removing the ribbon cable and reattaching it inside of the main display housing....

Pros

• Fairly sturdy outter design
  • Qwerty keyboard feels good to the touch
  • Large memory for retaining of text messages

Cons

• Poorly design or assembled Ribbon cable assembly attaching the main PCB of phone to display. Caused problems with display and sound quality.

Douglas Mullins
posted on 09 May 2010, 12:45

T-Mobile User

The Samsung Gravity 2, Sam T469 Metallic Pumpkin Kit purchased 3 weeks ago turned out to be a piced of Crap that is simply unuseable for voice communications.  A few days after purchase receipients said they could not understand what was being said, complained of heavy static, cracklin sounds and echo feedback.  Took phone back to store under the 14 day exchange policy and they provided another one, it also worked for a few days then same problem.  Now they tell us we have to mail it in (no 14 day return policy on the new one) for repairs (this cost money of course).  At the time we purchased the Gravity 2 we also purchased 2 cheap Nokia phones, one was free and one was $9.95 for me and my son.  Both are still working fine, absolutely no problems.  Only the Gravity 2 Samsung is not working.  Reading the reviews I see several others with the same complaints.  SO, if this phone has problems the why doesn't Samsung and/or T-Mobile omit that it put out a piece of crap before it was properly tested to insure it worked properly.  My experiece indicates that it would have taken only a few days of testing to find this phone should not have been sold.  I previously had a Samsung Cell and it worked great for 2 years so not all of their phones are bad, only this piece of crap called Gravity 2.  So, if they can't fix it or replace it at a reasonable then I am stuck with having to buy a new phone and take a big loss on this one.Warning,...

Pros

• Texting works OK.
  • Very short life Battery
  • Appearance is OK

Cons

• Terrible for voice communications. Loud static, cracklin noise during conversation and bad echo feedback.
  • Unable to communicate by voice with the two the store provided me.

SeldumNumberXXI
posted on 21 Apr 2010, 23:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Apr 2010)

Ok to start this review i would like to say that this is a great phone for a person who likes to text a lot. I just switched from att because my family thought it was too expensive. When we first went to the t mobile store, this was the first phone to catch my eye. I am happy that i got this phone. There is nothing wrong with it yet.

Pros

• The keyboard feels nice and clicky. I like the feel of the sliding part of the phone. It is a GREAT texting phone.

Cons

• So far there are no cons for me.

Wolverine
posted on 29 Mar 2010, 22:12

Review on Samsung Gravity2

I like the phone. Bad battery life. Saves 530 text messages. Menu change. Plays the music player while you text. Lots of space for music. Holds up to 16GB SD HC card... Big and small keys on the front of the phone. Love the GPS. No blocking list. Slow on main screen. Ok 2.0 megapixel camera, could be better. The calls are ok, I can hear the other person ok.

Pros

• 3G... GPS... Softer keys than the first... 2.0 megapixel camera, could be better... Play the music player will you text... Love the bluetooth... Holds more text messages than the first one did... It holds 500 text messages in the phone and 30 on the SIM card (total 530 in all)... Love the full keyboard... Menu change... Memory can hold up to 16GB Micro SD HC card...

Cons

• Slow screen... Bad on calls... Bad battery life... Coudn't fine adapter for 3.5 head phones... Can't use my own head phones... Ok on calls... Big and small keys on the front... No blocking list

Jericho
posted on 29 Mar 2010, 20:10

P.O.S

ok so i waited 3 months for this phone was reasured that it would be one of the best qwerty phones i would get... WRONG! this phone is a real P.O.S the key board is faulty the camera sucks. call reception... (in a T-Mobile store even) is trash. The personalization of this phone is bunk they nerfed your abilities. I know cell phones and maybe i just have high standards but this phone was not worth the 170 i payed for it. I would not invest in this phone even for a last ditch option.The gravity... that was a good phone it was reliable, it was fun, and functional it was well made.It's the same as the EnV and EnV2 for Verizon great original, crappy second gen. hopefully Grav3 will be better.it just seems like samsung didnt care so they threw something on the market without even really attempting to better the gravity, you dropped the ball samsung... you dropped the ball.

Pros

• User Friendly simplistic menu format
  • Easy to learn operation
  • good speaker for mp3 player
  • nice simplistic overall design
  • cool phone (poorly executed)

Cons

• Doesn't live up to Gravity
  • poor feature options
  • terrible cutomization options
  • poorly made qwerty
  • low quality material
  • price is too high for quality of hardware and materials used
  • software issues
  • poor call quality
  • button response issues
  • butchered the music player
  • did not come even close to using full potential of phone.
  • (same issues with both in store purchase and warranty exchange phones... that says something about this phone)

Roya
posted on 29 Jan 2010, 15:36

It's alright..

This phone is really fun and it has good memory, but my screen along with tons of other ppl with this phone keeps getting half the screen all fuzzy and black&white. It sucks. Then it freezes and you are forced to turn it off and it wont turn back on for another 3 or so! The battery life is mediocre. Speaker is in the back so its kinda quiet. It takes good pics. It's really easy to figure out. T- Mobile has terrible reception. There were so many times when i had no service AT ALL. And another BIG thing is the battery case on the back. ANYTIME, and i mean ANYTIME you drop it, the back will pop off and the battery will go flying, sometimes along with the SIM card. It's so annoying! But everything else is really good. If it wasn't for the screen, crappy reception, and the back popping off, this phone would be great.

Pros

• Nice Keyboard
  • Takes nice pictures
  • Can text from front
  • Good amount of memory

Cons

• Screen Problems
  • Quiet During Phone Calls
  • Battery Panel

kookie4444
posted on 24 Jan 2010, 10:08

AWESOME PHONE!

OVERALL: THE PHONE IS AWESOME just a few things that I dont like with it but it IS a GREAT phone for teenagers to text with not much for talking though just maybe not adults, (I AM A TEENAGER) Im getting a different phone because I thought T-mobile would be a great service because I have never had them before but they turned out to SUCK very badly. so verizon it is! I WOULD RECOMEND THIS PHONE! it is a good phone. the cons part is just because I am a little nit picky about things thats all. i think this phone has the best qwerty keyboard THAN ANY other phone out there.

Pros

• PROS: camera is good, camcorder good, 2.0mp, qwerty 4 rows rubber feel is nice, can text t9 on front, has an inbox key, games, the pink rim, the pink backlighting on qwerty, rubber keys feel nice, glossy shiny finish, has 3g, made by samsung, the design,

Cons

• CONS: speakerphone is said to have an echo at the other end and is very crackly, can only take pictures in landscape mode, no shortcut keys, no display themes, when talking on the phone with someone it is very quiet, smudges easily, no flash or vanity mirror, no time history for recent calls, when using own pictures as wallpapers in portrait mode they look grainy, tmobile service sucks, dropped a call on me when i got a text message, speaker is on the back, very quiet phone altogether,

Joshua
posted on 28 Nov 2009, 17:58

Loving it

I got the Gravity 2 in September and its the best phone ive had... But like the comment was posted earlier, the phone cuts off at least twice a day... But otherwise i found the phone easy to get use to and packed with LOADS of features. I definently reccomend it

Pros

• 4 row keyboard
  • GPS
  • Full HTML browser
  • Deticated messaging key
  • Much, much more

Cons

• None =)

Wifey_Ma
posted on 15 Sep 2009, 18:37 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Aug 2009)

Great 1st Keyboard Phone =)

I just got this phone today, and its my first keyboard phone. So im trying to get use to texting like that, but so far the phone is great. Its wayyy faster than the Lg glimmer phone i had in fact I switched over to t-mobile due to poor service for u.s cellular. This is really a step up. If i have any problems I will post them up. And I love how the phone has like a glossy finish.

Pros

• I love how the keyboard has 4 rows instead of 3 like the first gravity.
  • 2 mega camera so they upgraded it.
  • The glossy finish.
  • Plus the keys are easy to push not to small like the samsung comeback.

Cons

• None so far..

Darneisha Haughton
posted on 10 Sep 2009, 14:37

The Gravity 2 by T Mobile

It is a great phone, although somethimes it just cuts off! But overall it is great! It has a wonderful camera, its like a phone and a digital camera all in one!

Pros

• GOOD CAMERA, AND GOOD FEATURES

Cons

• CUTS OFF SOMETIMES FOR NOTHING, BATTERY KINDA GOES DOWN TO QUICK