Samsung Galaxy Tab Wi-Fi User Reviews

smartphonelover
posted on 12 Jun 2011, 04:32 (Posts: 36; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)

Can be good at first, but is awesome after customizing it.

smartphonelover has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I was very excited for the galaxy tab wifi only when I heard of it do to it being inexpensive, and yet so versatile. I gotta admit though that when I heard sammy got cheap with the gpu and bluetooth I was disappointed in the company. The couple cheaper parts though doesn't make to big of a difference. At first the device was pretty fast, but then after setting up a lot and basically using it hard without rooting it got laggy with certain things like when pressing home. So I got annoyed with it and started customizing better with root access. It took one night only and was almost completely free and it changed my device majorly. It's faster with everything now. I'm able to customize it like crazy. Personally i think samsungs home made it a little slow, but after getting Luncherpro I could tell just from that that there was speed improvement.

So basically if your gonna get this tablet, I highly suggest rooting it and using the same apps as I did because it made such a big difference compared to how sammy has it regular. If you want my app list of the apps that made it faster just email me gnome_7@hotmail.com

Build quality 10/10 Sammy really did good with the build of this device. I know they use plastic on it but they make it look and feel high quality. The piece of gorilla glass that covers almost all the front is pretty legit too.
Reception 10/10 Can't really rate this cause there's no 3g but as far as wifi goes its fantastic. It's able to use the 5ghz wifi around me.
Call quality 10/10 It's a tablet, not a phone, but voice quality while taking videos is good.
Internet 9/10 Could be faster.
Multimedia 9/10 I give this a 9 not a 10 cause it could support more formats. Otherwise it's fantastic for multimedia.
Camera 7/10 Only a 3mp camera so it's not gonna be the best but it still does pretty good for a 3mp. I'm glad that it has flash on it for those dark areas and such cause I don't even consider devices that are more expensive if they don't have flash on them.
UI speed 9/10 Again it could be faster since it's not duel core and sammy kinda got cheap with the gpu since it's different then the 3g galaxy tabs. But it still does pretty good and is fast enough for me now that I've customized it. Before it would lag a lot in certain areas like pressing home.
Everyday usage 10/10 I use this device every day. I picked it instead of a smartphone particularly because of no contract. This is my everything device and I carry it with me just about anywhere. Obviously all the apps makes it a lot more usable.
Text input 10/10 The thumb keyboard in portrait mode is my favorite. I can type so fast and it's very comfortable. Other input such as landscape and swype are also very easy to use.
Display 10/10 This display may not be AMOLED but because of how large it is and how high quality it is it looks awesome. I like watching videos on it compared to my laptop because of it's quality. Even though its LCD its viewing angles are vast, and you can use it outdoors pretty easily even with the sun out. Also I've never had a problem with the touch sensitivity.
Battery 10/10 This thing regular last me 2 days without turning it off. Of course it's in standby a lot like at night but I use this device a lot so I was very impressed with how long it lasts.

Pros

• Beautiful display
  • Great build quality
  • Touch screen
  • Can be fast if you root it and customize it
  • Fast amount of storage already built in
  • Speakers sound great
  • Looks
  • Apps
  • Price

Cons

• Camera could be better
  • Stock speeds could be better
  • Still bugged by sammy being cheap with a few parts