Samsung Freeform II User Reviews

Display7.6/10

brandonfuller9598
posted on 02 May 2011, 09:49

phone

brandonfuller9598 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

do not get good service. my job i travel and every where i go service sucks. i stay in roaming. i can not call my kids or any one .i will not pay for another phone ,every one i work with has verizon or sprint or straight talk and they have service. all i can do is text and half tie i can not do that. i need a phone where my wife or kids could call if something wrong and my boss. and i can not down load no pictures this phone is not worth the money

Allyson Caves
posted on 25 Apr 2011, 15:39

not that bad actually

Allyson Caves has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I think its a pretty good phone you have internet you have text call and there is ring tones on it and you can even record your own ring tones.The only bad part about it is that you cant record video with it and you cant play any games.I love the way it looks.Every time I'm out with my friends they always say that they want my phone.But over all i think its a good phone. :D

Mark_S
posted on 06 Apr 2011, 23:06

Freeform II

Mark_S has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Very good overall everyday phone. Decent screen, call quality and reception.
The keypad layout and design try to mimic the "Blackberry" somewhat.
The first freeform keypad was Treo earlier Blackberry type and easier to work with.
Screen not as configurable as the first freeform as well.
I guess that is the sacrifice for QVGA vs. TFT

DallasM
posted on 29 Mar 2011, 20:58

I'm not a big fan of the Samsung Freeform 2

DallasM has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought the Freeform 2 about three months ago. It was GREAT at first. But, now all it says is Memory Full. I deleted all of my calls, messages, ringtones, and all of the apps that I could. I only have two apps on my phone, but it's only because I have no choice but to keep them. I can't send or receive picture messages due to the "Memory Full" message I keep getting. The two applications on my phone are taking up 44.71MB on my phone. They are the only things taking up space. I only have 304KB available. I do NOT recommend this phone. It's not worth the money. Especially if bought from MetroPCS. Other than all of that, it's tolerable.

Pros

• The pictures look good
  • The calls are pretty good

Cons

• Memory Full
  • Receiving Messages are slow
  • Sending Messages are slow
  • Sometimes you don't get the texts
  • Picture Messaging is bad

SCOTTY02190
posted on 14 Mar 2011, 06:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)

Good Statrer Phone

SCOTTY02190 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I like it for the most part........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Pros

• Good Phone

Cons

• Ability To Use The Internet Fast

Rich
posted on 23 Jan 2011, 16:59

Not the worst, not the best...

Rich has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This new Samsung Freeform II is definitely a decent step up from it's predecessor, but here's what I got from a month of ownership. Before I lay into it, let me inform you that I'm a 1 year MetroPCS customer and this is my 3rd Samsung from them, and I had the Freeform I before this one.

OK, This version of the Freeform looks and feels 10 times better than the the old one, until you start using the keypad. Now, I have some pretty fingers and growing thumbnails definitely helped with texting on THAT phone. The Freeform II has an even more cramped keyboard, the punctuation keys have been moved around and forget about the center/menu/cursor keys that my thumbs mash when trying to press one. The alpha keys are even more difficult to press now...

The display is certainly a better feature on this phone compared to the last Freeform. Much brighter, sharper and has that holographic look to it. But, on the other hand, the web browser on this phone has SUPER tiny text this time around and at times it's hard for me to read.

Menus and navigation are almost identical to the Freeform 1. Only differences now are that you can't eliminate the app launch on the home screen, but only hide it and the lack of programmable soft keys (like the older Freeform had) A major loss there!

Call quality is about the same on any Metro phone: Blah... But for 50 a month for unlimited everything, and a half decent phone for 50 bucks, it's a good value. Why complain?

Internet 2/10 Internet is slow and sites you can visit are VERY limited.
Camera 8/10 Decent for a 1.3MP
Text input 7/10 Small, cramped keyboard
Display 9/10 Crisp, bright display
Battery 5/10 Battery dies off QUICK!!

Pros

• Looks good, feels great in palm of your hand.

Cons

• Slow, extremely limited web browsing, lousy battery life, cramped keyboard

jgm1523
posted on 21 Jan 2011, 16:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)

5.2

bad

jgm1523 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

i don't like it too much it okay if u like a phone that u can't see videos on like youtube n some u download onto it
it is better the the first one the camera is also ok but it sucks if u want to zoom in for a picture i want a new phone from metropcs to come out the keybord is grate iii hate thisss phone toooo much

Augusto
posted on 21 Nov 2010, 00:05

Where can I download the software to be able to download music from my pc?

Augusto has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Cyrus Martin
posted on 18 Nov 2010, 07:39

I like it

Cyrus Martin has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a pretty good phone actually. I got it on sale at MetroPCS and was surprised to find out that it has a lot of cool functions. I used to have an iphone 3G and love it... still use it on Wifi... but this is a definite step back. Still, I am very happy with it so far. It supports High Capacity MicroSD cards. That was unexpected. It also has around 45 Meg of internal memory which is not bad for most casual use. The internet is limited but you can get Facebook and Twitter and they work! I even have multiple email accounts set up and it lets you know when you get a new message. There is also software that you can download so that you can easily transfer music, pics and things to the phone. Not bad at all. I have to say, this will probably suit my needs even if I do miss the iphone's polish.

Pros

• SDHC Support, functional internet, mp3, blutooth, email

Cons

• A little slow online
  • Limited apps
  • its Metro PCS... heh

Bill Baker
posted on 10 Nov 2010, 16:36

Yes I Like It

Bill Baker has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a great phone to have because I dont need a $500 I-Phone and I bet neither do most of the people that have one. I just wanted a good looking phone I can talk on, you know what a phone should be used for. I like to text every now and then but it is still a phone and made to talk on. It feels good in my hands because I have kinda big hands as it is. Even then I can still dial and text with little or no problem. I like the memory card feature as I make my oun ringtones, from songs you cant get as ringtones. Bluetooth was a snap to add. All around a fine phone for the price. You can still use myexr I just upload to my computer and side load it to my phone thats easy enough because the charging cable is also a micro usb that will plug into the computer, but you will need to have a micro sd card in it for the computer to see it. I recomend a 8 gig card, that holds more than enough songs and photos for anybody.
Over all I like this phone.

Build quality 10/10 It fits my hands very good
Call quality 10/10 I can hear the people I am talking to
Internet 10/10 I use it rarlely but it warks when I need it to

Pros

• The price I paid made it easy

Cons

• none as of yet

Nisha
posted on 28 Oct 2010, 18:43

Great phone...Great Budget

Nisha has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is way better than the Samsung Freeform 1. It's sleeker and more modern looking. Many people mistake it for a Blackberry lol. The only problem with it is that it doesnt have ringer-id for people when they text you. Everyone shares the same text message ringer, (which you can download yourself or use the ringers that come with the phone) although calling tones can be sent for certain individuals. Also, its seems to take forever to charge(maybe it's just me) and you wont be able to download from the infamous FUNFORMOBILE.COM or MYXER.COM ) : (I believe that's Metropcs' doing). The best thing(in my opinion) is that they already have the major social networking sites in the phone (you can also upload pics to your favorite networking sites in a jiffy) it's convenietly located under your messages section!