Samsung Finesse User Reviews

mel813
posted on 28 Apr 2010, 01:21

i love the phone. doesn't take great pics. the video option is is a great. my biggest compliant is it  needs more apps. there are virtually no useful apps for this phone. can't not use java games on it so the only games you can get are the pricy metro pcs games and there aren't to many of them anyway. i always have problems using the inernet as well. myspace does not work at all which is frustrating because it worked with my cheap $30 dollar phone that i had before.

Pros

• great touch screen
  • love the widget
  • texting is easy with the qwerty key board

Cons

• no apps
  • poor internet connection
  • no storage folders

mark trost
posted on 12 Apr 2010, 14:17

2.3

Very disappinted in Finesse From Striaghttalk

I just received a STRAIGHT TALK Samsung Finesse and am VERY disappointed. First, the manual is confusing, showing images of phone buttons without noting where they are or what they truly do. Texting is okay, but you are simply not allowed to edit a completed text message even in draft mode an even when you press the EDIT button which only allows you to edit who gets the text. Internet is a big disappointment. One can never see the entire page no matter how wide you zoom. The Straight Talk version does not allow video or audio streaming (or videos of any kind as far as I can see, not can it operate as a GPS nor does it have any access to any apps). Navigating a page is difficult since there really is no mouse like pointer, everything is done by finger and the lag time is driving me nuts. Also, you never know how long a page will take to load as there is no bar indicating how much of a page is loaded or needs to be completed. Even when it loads, you can't do a lot. I tried going to traffic.com and the page comes up showing traffic in Raleigh NC. I'm in New York and couldn't get it ever to bring up NY traffic. This is my first experience with a smart phone and it is not a very good one. I  can  only assume that the Iphone is a lot more responsive and easy to use. If it isn't I can't imagine how these ever really caught on. If you want to spend over $300 and get full net access at a relatively low fee, get a netbook with a skype connection....

~Mystic~
posted on 01 Feb 2010, 07:45

Love my Finesse

I've seen reviews that point out youtube not working. The new generation of finesse phone have cured this problem. I've been able to see youtube from the beginning. This is a great phone. if you want a mini gaming console then this phone is not for you. it uses BREW style games and these can not be obtained free on the web and must be purchased from the carrier. If you are looking for a phone to use as a phone, texting device and camera then this fits the bill. I give it a 9 out of 10

amber harewood
posted on 15 Jan 2010, 12:21

very interested

first of all i am very satisfied with my samsung finesse my screen is workin properly n my apps are great .........i think thos hoo had a problem must have done somthing with there finesse because those of us in our rite mine are very awear that the samsung finesse is one great fone and please any one hoo wants to buy it go on ahead because i asure you that ,you WILL be satisfied.......THANK YOU

Pros

• ABSOLOUTLY EVERYTHING

Cons

• NOTHING AT ALL

trever
posted on 04 Dec 2009, 15:45

samsung finesse rocks

i just got back from the metropcs stopre and i just bought the samsung finesse and traded in my tmobile htc touc h pro 2 and im glad i did samsung is wayyyyyyyy better than htc for many reason one reason being is thatthe batteries last longer and the blutooths are better and the cameras tae wayyy better pics  the touch pro had a 3.2 meg camer and the finesse only has 2 and the pictures still come out wayy better i want every one to know that just becouse this phone cost almost 400 dont let it get away from you unless your waiting on the samsung finesse 2 this is the 2nd greatest phone in the world i would have to give the iphone basically just for all the apps becouse lets all face it if the iphone didnt have any apps what would be the point of it.                                       but this it a geattttttttt phone..

Pros

• EVERYTHING

Cons

• NOTHING

rebecca white
posted on 03 Dec 2009, 16:17

i ♥ this phone so much

hi my name is rebecca white and i used to have and iphone with att then the phone started freezing up and i took it back to att so that they could give me a new one but they said that i had to pay 120 dollars i asked them why when i pay 25 a month for warrenty and they had no responce so i just sold my phone to my someone on ebay and i went to the metropcs store down the street from my house and i was thinking about geting the sameung messenger 2 until i saw this sexy phone that was just callinfg my name the only thing that was stoping me was the price but i had to get it and im glad i did im so happy i have this and not the iphone some people think that the iphone is like the best phone ever but its not imean the onlyt thing that it has to offer is a gang of apps the finesse has beter gps a better plan a better

Pros

• mp3
  • gps
  • touch screen
  • apps
  • lots and lots of space
  • sexy
  • mobile im
  • metrobackup
  • weather app
  • pocket express
  • much much more

Cons

• price

Mike Wedmer
posted on 26 Oct 2009, 09:03

My thoughts on the Finesse

After reading the other reviews on here, I am wondering if some of the negatives are based soley on the METRO PCS versions of the phone
I got mine from N-telos. I pay $60. a month and have unlimited talk time anywhere I want. I have text/photo/video messaging enabled.

Many people have mentioned that they cannot sync it to thier PC but I have not encountered this problem. I do not mind clicking a button to open the file associated with the memory card.
I just plug in the handy USB cable and in a few seconds I have added music photo's and movies to my card that will show up on my phone.

The pictures must be jpeg format and must also be no more than 100dpi. Otherwise they will not show up on the phone.

You cannot instantly upload videos from the phone to the internet. However I plug the phone or the sd card into my PC and can upload videos no problem.

video and sound quality are excellent. I have taken video's with lots of ambient noise in the background but voice came through clearly.
The quality of the Photo's are a little better than most other similar phones.

I work as an Artist/custom painter. I use my phone to show images of my work to potential clients. It has helped me to secure numerous jobs since I got it.

The Internet is a little slow and the rss style feed makes it difficult to scan some pages.

The phone has an extremely limited number of available apps. About half of those available are worth looking into. however some are largely overpriced.

The GPS is...

Pros

• Large responsive touchscreen
  • Good Music player
  • many good installed features
  • Quality picture and video with many features.
  • lightweight
  • very good call quality
  • attractive design

Cons

• apps are limited
  • apps are way overpriced
  • phone locks midway through a call requiring you to unlock it to hang up.

Sky J.
posted on 21 Sep 2009, 16:16

Don't expect a real smart phone

I got the Finesse as a birthday gift. It was a replacement for my old Metro PCS phone. I was thinking of going with another carrier for a smartphone but since my family had paid the hefty price for this, i decided to keep it. I was impressed by it at first. it seemed to be a functional piece of hardware. Then I noticed a few things. The first thing was the fact that the security really sucks. i have my email going to the one of the slim line of apps (which we will go over in a moment) you have on the phone. I hate having to log in/out everytime. That's when I realized, the only locking feature is for the entire phone. You cannot lock media, internet, or anything else seperately. If i lose my phone or someone borrows it, they can easily go into my private business. Every phone I have had since at least 2000 has been able to do this. very simplistic phones. so why does this "smart phone" lack such an obvious feature?Then there is the fact that everyone points out. The lack of downloadable apps. Some of the standard features are pretty cool.like the handwriting on the screen. But the email feature had to have a patch to fix. The IM feature has never worked properly for me. The lack of an ability to sync to the PC is really odd to me as well. And let's not mention the biggest faux pas. The inability to play any video other than the preloaded MI movei on the memory card (if you got that) or videos taken with the phone or sent by IM. It was originally played up to have video but don't...

Pros

• Internet browser
  • Handwriting interface
  • MP3 music player

Cons

• Lack of apps
  • No video
  • Problems with the loaded apps
  • Lack of security

masen
posted on 17 Jul 2009, 02:02

I totally fell in love with this phone when i first seen it. I bought it and ive had this phone for about three months and i am not totally satisfied. I am getting another phone because my finesse does not work properly I removed the battery from it and shortly after puting back on and turing the phone back on my touch screen did not work only the actually buttons work but not the touch screen. I am very upset about this.

Pros

• mp3

Cons

• touch screen doesnt function corectlly.

Christian Ayala
posted on 15 Jul 2009, 12:44

A little marvel

I got this phone because from all the lineup from metro pcs, this is the one that stood out the most for its design. However, thereis a lpt to like here, sincethis phone offers a lot of things and is just wonderful to look at. first the good, the multimedia capabilities, the full internet browser and the gps. the bad is only the fact that there are not a lot of apps to download like there are for the Iphone, which is shame because a phone like this coul make good use of some of those apps. also, I would like to be able to sync my finesse with my computer so I can transfer files and docs from it. Since I have a blog, I would love to be able to post pictures from my phone that I had previously fix in my pc with photoshop because it seems that this phone does not display pictures processed in a pc. Anyway,overall is great, does not make envious of those who have an Iphone (except for the apps) and as a phone performs just great. this phone has everything you need on the go and then some. Is a great machine.

Pros

• desing, multimedia capabilities, internet browser, decent battery life.

Cons

• limited downloadable apps, the "camcorder" is blurry, wish it has more sync options and upload of files from it for the people who make blog posts.

posted on 09 May 2009, 16:41

Well I had my Finesse for about two weeks now. and I must admit i am quite suprised by it. I did not think that it woul[d actully be this good. I mean by far the best  phone offered by metroPCS. I mean once i got use to useing a full touch scren i feel in love. The Full html web  maks it great for me to look thing up on the go. I have not had any problems with mines yet. Overal a great phone. There's just a few things that i wish it could do but no biggie

Pros

• Touch Screen
  • Mp3
  • Talk Time
  • HTML Web