Samsung C5212 User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Build quality5.5/10Text input8.5/10
Everyday usage7.5/10UI speed5/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 05 Aug 2011, 22:41
th has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review
I like the simple design - no fussy buttons, and the keys are large enough that I with my large fingers don't have trouble texting. It's also pretty durable - I've dropped it a couple of times, and everything's still working..
I also like how the sim can be changed with just a button press. Display is too bright in my opinion, even at its lowest setting, but images are also very clear and sharp. The colors are displayed vibrantly.
Camera is decent. Not going to win any prizes, but I've been able to get some good shots with them.
I hate the music player. You have to add the music to the playlist to be able to play them, and you can only put 30 songs to each of the 4 playlists. I get that it's not a music-focused phone, but I don't get why they made it this way. Also, the phone won't display anything that has a name more than 52 characters. I have to rename everything that's too long.
Speaker's alright. it's the same one used for calls, and it's loud enough
There's no usb port or cable. The proprietary port serves for both headset and power supply, so you can't use the headset while it's charging, and vice versa. Also, you have to remove the battery to get to the microSD card.
I can't really judge on battery life, as the phone's been with me for over two years. but I usually end up at 1 bar after a day - 3 if I don't play music or apps.
All in all, it's a pretty good phone for the price I paid for it. Although, >:( it's gone down by at least 3000 pesos since then.Build quality 8/10Reception 6/10Call quality 7/10Internet 2/10Multimedia 5/10Camera 5/10UI speed 6/10Everyday usage 6/10Text input 8/10Display 9/10Battery 6/10
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 03 Aug 2011, 11:13
C5212 infamous keypad problem
Sherwin has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review
This could have been a great phone if it wasn't for its keypad . It got broke on its own... the tech said it is normal for this model. The reason why is; the flex is bent and got pinned down so much (specially putting it in your pants front pocket all the time) against its casing; overtime it will break. So, to have it fixed you will need to replace the keypad assembly. I did not bother having it fixed since it is a design flaw.Build quality 3/10Reception 9/10Call quality 9/10Internet 4/10Multimedia 4/10Camera 6/10UI speed 4/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 9/10Display 7/10Battery 9/10
- nice dual sim phone and better than nokia's
- keypad!!! design placement flaw of the flex wire!
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 07 Jun 2010, 09:14
just bought this C5212 last night. unfortunate that didn't get to this review site earlier.my need was for a dual SIM from a 'reputed' name with affordable price hence had to go with this model- still to test battery life - does not have call recording facility- phone ringing is not heard in the headset - strange- yet to try bluetoothDesign 4/10Features 4/10Performance 4/10
- dual SIM, economical within branded segment;
- bulky; can't hear phone ring in the earphone when in handsfree mode - if you can't hear the phone ring in the earphones, what's the use of headset;
- though has voice recording but call recording not possible unlike the touch model;
4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 18 May 2010, 07:27
Samsung C5212 is a good dual sim phone
Samsung C5212 is a great mobile phone for those who need to use 2 sims. It is easy to receive and make calls using either one of the two numbers, with a button. The phone book integrates both phone books of the two sims, and the phone, into one list, distinguished by the symbol. It is also easy to send receive and messages from either sim.
The shape of the phone is not very attractive, but it is ok.
The battery life is relatively short.Design 7/10Features 8/10Performance 8/10
- Easy to make calls from any of the sim cards. Integrated phone book.
- Reasonably priced
- Short battery life. That is probably because it has two sims consuming power.
3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 26 Dec 2009, 23:05
very good for it's purpose
c5212 deserved it's purpose as dual sim by a number 1 mobile phone maker in the world... probably the best unit in it's category of dual stand-by phone by a well-respected electronic giant... Samsung deserves the title of being number one in the world...Design 10/10Features 10/10Performance 10/10
- solid built... loud music player... signal is great...
- battery life is short for "two mobile phones"... designed only for dual band...
6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 06 Oct 2009, 08:46
quality cheap phone
You need 2 SIM ?
and If you not need WiFi and 3G and very quality camera
Then, this is very good phone for you.
Samsung C5212 Duos is a neat dual SIM mobile phone with classic bar design, comfortable controls and a basic but practical set of features. It is probably going to be the cheapest dual SIM solution by a respectable brand on the market. It's also the most compact and looks attractive enough for the estimated price bracket. I am not hesitate to recommend it as wel solution.Design 9/10Features 8/10Performance 10/10
- A new number can easily be saved in either the phone memory or on one of the two SIM cards. The new feature here is that the contact list has four view modes: phone memory, SIM 1, SIM 2 and phone and SIM simultaneously
- only dual band
14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 24 Sep 2009, 03:04
C5212....More than a Dual SIM Mobile!
Samsung C5212 is a good attempt as far as Dual SIMs are concerned. Here is my review:
Big Display screen with low pixel numbers: 2.2 inches, 262 K TFT with 176 x 220 pixels. For this screen size, pixels count must be 240 x 320 pixels.But ofcourse, the video playback is still far better than Samsung E250. You can't feel the low pixels when using Opera Mini on C5212.
Phone Profiles: Now, you have profiles like Normal, Silent, Driving, Meeting, Outdoor, Offline with option to edit one or create your own profile. Call alert type/ Messages also has Vibrate + Melody simultaneously and you can assign any MP3 file (included your FM recorded MP3 files) as Messages/ Email/ caller tones directly from memory card.
FM Radio Recording: You can record FM Radio programs/ songs as 60 minutes long MP3 files on internal memory or memory card at audio bitrate of 128 kbps/ 16khz sample rate/ mono channel.
Phone Call Recording: You can record incoming/ outcoming phone calls as 60 minutes long AMR files. Just make or receive a phone call then go to "Options" and select Option # 8 which is "Conv. Record". You can pause/ resume the recording during the process.
Both SIMs active: Believe me, C5212 dual SIM features are better than China mobiles because it has two transcievers with two IMEI numbers and both the SIM's are active and online, no matter which SIM is assigned as default.
When I am talking to someone on SIM1 and another person is calling me on SIM2, then I gets a pop-up message...Design 9/10Features 8/10Performance 9/10
- Big screen size, default memory settings, feature-rich phonebook, Music player & FM works alongwith Opera Mini,Fullscreen video playback,Assign files for phone caller from card, Assign MP3 for sms from card, Fullscreen pics with zoom from card, 8GB MicroSD, dual SIMs, FM radio recording, phone profiles, 3 themes, random wallpapers, Menu Transition Effect (Slide, Door), JSR 75/ 135 API supported, Dual clocks with two cities on home screen, Advanced Image Editor, excellent battery approx 50 hrs
- Low pixels (176 x 220) with big screen, No document viewer, No rtsp video streaming,No support to start camera from JAVA midlet, slightly slower than my previous E200/ J150 mobiles, New PC Studio is slower than version3, user guide has not even 40% of information about it's features!
63 out of 66 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 13 Jul 2009, 18:31
The Phone is a great Piece to use. Excellent stand by and talktime. Ideally you dont have to reboot every time you want to switch sims. In the standy mode just choose the number and press the SIM SWITCH key and look at the signal bar the other SIM would be highlighted.Design 8/10Features 6/10Performance 8/10
- Dual SIM Dual Stand by
- Ease of Use
- 3GP Video format is not supported
- Only 4 playlists are there with 30 songs max in a playlist while the phone supports a 8GB card that can hold 2000 songs!!!!!
- Keypad auto lock depens on the LCD light period
19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 20 Jun 2009, 14:11
If you are looking for a cheap phone that holds two GSM SIMs that are on simultaneoulsy, this is it. If you expect anything more than this, you will be in for a big disappointment.Design 5/10Features 4/10Performance 4/10
- both sims always on, separate button for camera,can record FM, clear fonts,
- Poor quality of images & video, installation of java applications difficult, can't play several video (including mp4), keypad autolock can't be customised, menu system and navigation is pathetic, softwares & themes are not available, pc studio not user friendly, manual not good enough,
11 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 14 May 2009, 11:01
Just bought the C5212. The phone set is a dream come true. It has every thing a user might wish for - and some !! Takes a bit of time getting used to because the 'User Manual' is a pathetic piece of writing which fails to explain the features in adequate detail. For anyone looking for a top-class Dual SIM phone, which works, here's your opportunity.Design 8/10Features 8/10Performance 8/10
- Handling, features (which are quite extensive), quality.
- The 'User Manual' should be re-worked.
35 out of 41 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report