Verizon Wireless Salute User Reviews

Bob Trout
posted on 12 Jun 2011, 09:31

Verizon Salute

Bob Trout has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Cons: Cheaply built, speaker in back of phone hard to hear ring while laying phone down...Screen hard to see in sunlight...worst ringtones on earth, obviously Verizon wants you to buy ringtones from them....Can never get the charger cover off with hands, need something sharp or pointed....speaker either on or off speaker is very tinny....Battery life marginal...
I feel as if the Verizon Rep. in Punta Gorda, Fl. misrepresented herself in telling us of the high quaility of this phone...More than likely will never use Verizon again after this contract is done..
The only Pro: is the large size of viewing screen...

Pros

• Viewing screen large

Cons

• Bad speaker, bad ringtones, screen viewing in sunlight, echo in speaker, cheaply built..Very slow to go online...Absolutely poor quality phone.

susieintheville
posted on 13 Jan 2011, 15:55

it's good for my daughter

susieintheville has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My daughter loves it. She misses the fact that it doesn't do video, and the camera taking pics from the side is confusing, but so far she likes it. I personally don't like that when I call her, the first time we are disconnected, and she has to call me back-EVERY TIME I CALL HER! However, I don't know if this is her fault or the phone. Anyway, she is loving it, so I love it.

Camera 2/10 Why do the pics come out sideways?!?!?!?!?

Pros

Cons

• No video, Pics are sideways.

AS
posted on 10 Dec 2010, 14:42

mistake

AS has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I really don't like this phone, its cute and all but the reception isn't good. When taking a picture you must hold the phone completley sideways or the picture will be upside down. When sending texts this phone freezes, and it ends up sending the same text like 5X. I made a huge mistake!!

Pros

• only slide phone without data package
  • cheep

Cons

• bad camera

rs
posted on 02 Sep 2010, 20:34

So Far, So Good

Picked up a Salute today - liked the slide feature and how thin it is.  Tranfered old numbers fine, but couldn't tranfer any pics, ringtones, or calendar items or games.  (tho didn't expect to).
Convenient slide - automatically locks the keys when closed - can either press two keys to unlock or slide open.  Need to get used to the camera - takes the pics sideways and only a 1.3mp.  Nice big screen.  No one has complained about voice quality.  I wish the volume would go higher, but my hearing isn't the best, so probably OK for most.

Pros

• thin, slide, big screen

Cons

• average camera quality, and sideways pics.

PPi
posted on 20 Aug 2010, 19:49

A "Lemon" : 2 hours of hell

When I first saw Salute from ZTE, it look fine and it was only phone that was cheap without a data plan which has a slide format. So as expected, I picked it up to get it activated right away.The terrible outcome of short decision started from then on:I can not transfer any of the phone numbers from my previous phone using Bluetooth...though it has the capability of it...or at least that it what it say on the system and also on the menus found on Salute. Only possible way would be using backup assistance from Verizon but...who really uses it?? I'm not about to pay extra to just to get my phone numbers from and to when on the system it shows bluetooth ability to transfer phone numbers to start with.Very much disappointed. I rather got a Samsung Intensity instead after all the trouble I went through over two hours.Definitely, a sort of lemon.Not a juicy apple.Not recommended...never....ever.....no........Do Not Buy!

Pros

• Only Slide phone on Verizon's Feature Phone Section

Cons

• Not as promised ;(