LG Rhythm User Reviews

UI speed6.5/10

danielle
posted on 13 Jun 2011, 08:29

would recommend!

danielle has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

the lg rhythm has been a surprisingly good phone for me.
THE GOOD--i've had it for over 2 years now and the battery life is awesome...i use it a lot and can still go 2 or 3 days before charging it! i also have always gotten good reception with it. for such a standard phone, it looks good, and it's kinda nice that you can customize the color of the track wheel light. i didn't use the music player much so i can't honestly say i know how it is.
THE BAD--the phone randomly shuts off constantly! it's super annoying. every once in a while the touch buttons on the front freeze up, although usually just opening and closing the phone fixes this. the chrome edge chips off. and the buttons are really loud when texting...also very annoying.
overall great quality lg phone! i want to upgrade to a smartphone, but would definitely recommend this one!

Dawnrae
posted on 15 Jan 2011, 09:21

Not enjoying it anymore

Dawnrae has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love this music player and the music transmitter but overall it's been a problem. The Buttons stop working, Service bars change every 2 seconds, Speaker stopped working, Text messages stopped receiving, Shuts off if you shut it too hard, randomly restarts. I would keep it for the music player only.

Pros

• Music Player/Transmitter
  • Takes a lot to destroy haha

posted on 25 Aug 2010, 22:01

Great until now!

I've had this phone for two years! TWO YEARS! then it started acting up. I'm replacing it on Friday so maybe that's why but it's been having some issues for the last month. It will automatically think it can log into easyedge when I have never had it connected. Whenever I open it... it pops up with the easyedge. Then when I try to recieve my text messages, it will flip through all the screens from the menu list like the multimedia screen and the contacts, and setting with no control when I try to stop it. The buttons started to freeze up and not work on me recently too... I'm so glad to get rid of it.

cody
posted on 10 Jun 2010, 12:10

LG RYTHM IS OK

the rythm is good for music thats it i should have just got a ipod...all the phone features suck but the music stuff is cool like the FM tarnsmit thing thats great and the Sandisk port on top si cool to but its soooooooooooo fragile. if you live in the country dont get this phone. and i got the red ring of death for some reason now....

Pros

• good for music
  • FM transmit is cool

Cons

• the smallest drop of water ruins it
  • always turns off
  • bat life sucks
  • it lags
  • touch buttons dont work if it gets wet
  • weel gets stuck
  • scratches easy
  • back cover breaks easy
  • text messages take long to send and recive
  • bad signal

gizmojae
posted on 08 Jun 2010, 14:56

Pretty good for a year.

When i first got this phone, i loved it. But after having it for about a year, it started to shut off by itself every few days. Another bad thing about this phone is that the touch sensitive buttons and the scroll wheel sometimes stop working for short periods of time. The camera is also not very good, but takes okay pictures. One thing i really like about it though is that it does not break if it's dropped. I have dropped it down wooden steps and on concrete and it still works. It also has a very nice display. There is a very good music player too. Overall, i would not recommend this phone to someone who is a heavy phone user.

Pros

• Nice display, good music player, pretty rugged.

Cons

• Camera, touch buttons & scroll wheel, shutting off

MagicGurl
posted on 02 May 2010, 19:27

Ok Phone

This phone was pretty awesome until about a month after I had it. The touch keys would all of sudden  lock up and stop working making it unacessible to  use the phone. I would then have to shut the phone off and turn it back on. Another bad thing is you can't set anything as your ringtone except the ringtones you buy and the ones that come with the phone. I have tried to download them on to the phone and you can't set them as ringtones. This phone is good for texting, has a wheel in the middle that I have no problems with. The battery life isn' t good. I would recommend not getting this phone as I have only had the LG Rhythm for about 4 months.

Pros

• Music Player, Bluetooth, Wheel

Cons

• Touch Keys stop working, Battery Life,

lg rhythm lover at first
posted on 19 Apr 2010, 14:19

buyers beware

i purched the lg rhythm phone a while back and i am now on my third one i take care of my phone it is all technical problems, the phone will randomly decide to restart it will not let me view my missed recieved or even dialed calls this phone has so so so many problems keep that in mind when thinking about buying this god aweful phone i really thought i was going to love this phone I WAS WRONG this phone is horrible !!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• i like the larger screen and the video camera and the mp3 player

Cons

• constant restarsts and no call log functions due to michanical issues

brittani
posted on 12 Apr 2010, 17:11

I've had this phone since december 2008, and it's terrible! the silver pain is chipping off, the wheel stops working, it erases my contacts, it often says "data is now locked," and it wont let me do anything, so i have to take out the battery.  when i press the left touch button, the back arrow works, when i press the back button, it pushes the back arrow. it won't even change colors anymore! the charger only charges if you tilt the cable a certain way. if you shut it too hard, it'll turn off. this phone has a really nice music player, and it has a nice design. but it does have a poor camera. overall, this phone isn't for someone clumsy, at all.

Pros

• music player is good, lights up, cool

Cons

• bad battery life, paint chips, not durable, wheel stops working, buttons don't work properly.

axadas
posted on 28 Mar 2010, 14:45

good phone

ok so i have had this phone since march 09. i bought it and thought it was awsome. the music player is better than an mp3 player and i pod. the best feature i figured out about this phone (not in the manual) is the music transmitter. (for those who don't know set the radio in your car to a blank / static station and set your music transmitter to the same station and it plays the music from your phone on you car stereo. no cables required). i have had the problem of it restarting it self on its own. but it doesn't bother me it makes me laugh. signal: the bars never stay the same it will say max signal or no signal but  i have always been able to have calls with altell ( my service provider). so the signal has never been a concern. the wheel does get stuck or what ever you want to call it but other than that the phone is great. i will be buying a new phone to update from this one but i will keep this phone for the music transmitter feature so i will never have to make a cd for my car again.

Pros

• best music devices. (the radio transmitter)

Cons

• the wheel getting stuck, but it is still nice to have it.

vp
posted on 23 Mar 2010, 14:54

LG Rhythm

This phone is a total piece of junk!  I cannot receive any calls on my phone and the only way I know if someone tried calling me is if they leave a voicemail message and then it will make the sound that I have a voicemail.  I have called tech support numerous times and I am on my third LG rhythm phone and it still does the same thing.  They keep telling me to reprogram the phone, which I have done about 100 times and nothing.  I am really hoping they give me a totally different phone soon because right now I am paying full price for a service and I can't get any calls.

Christopher
posted on 08 Feb 2010, 19:40

I have had this phone since may 09 its great i bought a body glove case for it best 15 dollars ive ever spent my gf didnt get one and her phone looks like *** chrome on the sides is peeling and do not remove the screen protector my is still on only thing is sometimes when i try to send a txt and go to contacts it says that its empty and i have to open my contacts then send the txt other then that no problems whatsoever def recomend and it supports a 16GB micro sd card thats nuts i have an 8 gig and i havent heard the same songs twice yet lol

Pros

Cons

• The Contacts thing

Ian
posted on 24 Dec 2009, 11:35

LG Rhythm vs Moterola VE20

If like me you are an Alltel Prepaid customer you might well be trying to choose between Alltel's top two prepaid phones, the LG Rhythm and the Motorola VE20, they are the two highest priced Alltel Prepaid Phones both at $99.99.I had the VE20 for a year, I now have the LG Rhythm.The LG Rhythm is a better phone than the VE20 in practically every way.Visualy the LG Rhythm beats the VE20 hands down. The LG Rhythm is a nice looking phone it does not look cheap, it has a very nice screen, with sharper text and graphics than the VE20.The LG Rhythm's touch screen and touch buttons are colourful and responsive, you can set the sensitivity in the settings.The VE20 turns itself off and back on again intermittently whenever it feels like it, my gf also has a VE20 hers does the same thing, in fact she had hers replaced when the first one was stolen,  the previous did that and even though her replacement phone had updated software it also does it so I know it wasnt just a quirk with my own phone, they all do it. I havent yet experienced anything like that with my LG RhythmThe LG Rhythm has a much better music player than the VE20. Although the VE20 does have a music player it is not really suitable for hooking up to a stereo and playing music while you do other things, it cuts off during play a lot, everytime you recieve a text message it cuts out and beeps then continues to do that untill you view the message. If you connect the...

Pros

• Nice looking phone, grat music player, good call quality, some nice features.

Cons

• Sound recorder could be better

matt h
posted on 19 Dec 2009, 15:26

Pretty good phone overall but has problems

My phone sometimes locks up randomly and i have to take out the battery. It also won't let me recieve picture texts so i have to remove the battery and then i can open the text.Then sometimes it wont let me send picture messages so i have to call the U.S Cellular number and have them reset my phone. Sometimes when i want to send a text but look in my contacts to pick numbers to call, it says my contacts are empty. So then i have to exit the text and open my contacts then go back to the message and then i have people in my contacts. WTF...... But it has an amazing speaker for music. It also has a music transmitter where i can pick a radio channel and play songs from my phone on it. :)

Pros

• Great music quality,great feel, wheel board, touch screen on wheel board, and music transmitter.

Cons

• locks up, slow, and shuts off.

Hashle
posted on 02 Dec 2009, 22:53

Heck no, teco.

I've had this phone for almost a year and it's absolutely terrible. Laggy laggy laggy. Takes almost ten seconds to open my inbox when it has twenty messages in it. The wheel doesn't work well at all. When I have it on the charger, the touch buttons press randomly.  Absolutely terrible. Do NOT buy this phone.

Extremely outraged.

Pros

• Durable

Cons

• Everything else.

happy boy
posted on 18 Nov 2009, 14:46

i like this phone

i like this phone becasue you can spiin like a DJ on the little wheel that it has and also that i have had this phone and i dropped it in water at the lake, because i left it in my pocket, and it still worked after i put it in a bowl of white rice !!!!!!@

Sinner City
posted on 06 Nov 2009, 09:28

Rythm Incoming calls

I have the phone on the default setting to answer incoming calls upon Slide Open.  Sometimes my phone would not answer when I slid it open, the call would keep ringing.  I could not answer it with the TALK button either.  The only way I could connect to the call was the Speaker Phone button.  I returned/exhcanged that phone, my new Rythm does the same thing.
The first Rythm also would randomly power itself off even with a full charged battery.  I'm waiting to see if my replacement Rythm starts doing the same thing.

kali
posted on 14 Oct 2009, 21:15

fine until now.

I've had this phone for about a couple of weeks now and its been ok until, kinda. First it wouldnt let me send or recieve picture messages and that feature is on my plan. It would "decide" when it wanted me to do that. Now everytime I end a call, the phone completey locks up and I cant do anything unless I remove the battery. Other than that, its ok.

Pros

• design

Cons

• picture messages
  • phone locking up

mk
posted on 14 Oct 2009, 10:38

its ok

its nice..to have...the wheel is helpful and the camera is nice but the sides of the phone (shiny part) sucks...i have had my phone for a couple months and its all almost off...i get alot of compliments tho..........................................................................................................................................................

Pros

• batterlife, doesnt brake that easily
  • (i have dropped it many times and still is working) the wheel..

Cons

• the sides..is annoying...sometimes doesnt work

imacg32007
posted on 16 Sep 2009, 18:31 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Jun 2009)

best phone i ever had!

i got this in august and had it for about a month. it's so cool. the music player and camera and camcorder is great too. call quality is great and does not drop calls like my old twostep and ux300. the phone does not feal cheap and my touch screen is very responsive, my phone still has the plastic on it. it's battery lasts forever! its music player has the best sound i have ever heard in a cell phone and it has an fm transmitter! i love this and will keep it until it breaks even if that is like 6 years from now! this phone is so cool and i hope no one steals it because if they do i will be mad as **** that i have to go back to my old twostep. if you take care of this phone it will last you but if you press the touch screen way too hard and slide it up and down constantly and drop it all the time it wont last as long. lg is my favorite cell phone brand starting with the ux210 and then the ux300 but that broke because it was abused (cracked both screens but still useable been thrown and stomped on and dropped and bent back too far and having water on it.) that wont happen to my new phone because i love it and loved the ux300 but it was not me who did most of that crap to it well you see someone stole if for like a day and did most of that stuff to it except crack the screens because i already did that by dropping it on a rock driveway.anyways it still worked for a wile and would still be working today but my mom made me get rid of it because of all that has happened to it.

posted on 10 Sep 2009, 11:45

the lg ry hym is a peice of crap it shuts off whenever my phone says send failed on a text i am on my second one since may of this year

Pros

• the design

Cons

• shuts off all the time

Callie
posted on 08 Sep 2009, 21:20

Horrible.

I've had this phone since Feburary and I've already had a lot of problems with it.  There is absolutely no water damage and i've never dropped it on any hard surfaces and now the wheel only turns one direction, the down button doesnt work and if its not plugged into the charger, the whole phone will lock up and won't work.  I've very very upset about this.

Pros

• Cute
  • Nice Features

Cons

• Broken Wheel
  • Broken down button
  • Locks up when not charging.

ted91258
posted on 09 Aug 2009, 15:28

Cool

this is a very cute phone
better than the chocolate. phone quality is great! for music it is better than an ipod. the screen gets scratched very easily though. i love it!!!

Pros

• very cute
  • awesome music

Cons

• screen gets scratched easy

jacks49
posted on 08 Aug 2009, 09:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Aug 2009)

Pretty Cool

This phone is very user friendly stays in good shape if you know how to take care of the phone. The music quality is amazing, and i also love the animated backgrounds. The wheel board is very handy too. I only had a problem when sliding the phone back down so the number keys don't show, it would constantly go to a new message. Other than that very nice phone.

Pros

• Wheel board
  • Backgrounds
  • Good sounds
  • Music quality

Cons

• when sliding the phone back up it would always go to a new message

imacg32007
posted on 28 Jul 2009, 16:09 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Jun 2009)

i was originaly going to get this phone over the twostep. but the screen is small and i don't really see this phone lasting me more than 6 months. the touch controls are cool but i think i would screw them up. it kinda feals cheap, but when you feal the back of the phone it feals really cheap. i can txt fast on it. the phone is alright but i would not get it. also the menus are just like the rumor and the ux300

BAMFaliciouss
posted on 20 Jul 2009, 11:15

I've had this phone for just over six months.. it worked grat at first, but about 4 months in, the touch screen on the front would stop working randomly, it started freezing and restarting all the time.  Not only that, but it won't play ringtones I buy anymore.  I can listen to them, but when I go to put them as text tones or the call tone, it plays a preset tone.

Pros

• Good battery life
  • Cute
  • easy to figure out

Cons

• Starts to screw up early-on