BlackBerry Pearl 8110 User Reviews

Patrick K
posted on 19 Jul 2009, 21:54

Good Phone

Ok phone just has a couple bugs in it, the screen turns white sometimes and it gets dust under the screen, and the trackball stops working but other then that its a good strong phone.

Pros

• good picture, strong phone, easy texting, and nice camera

Cons

• dust under the screen, slow internet, and trackball breaks easy

Spike
posted on 22 Jul 2008, 05:15

Good phone

This is the second Pearl I've had and so far no problems at all with the unit.
I've found it to be easy to type on and now struggle if I'm presented with anything other than a blackberry to type on when out of the office.
The only small downside relates to signal strength at times being poor but that's more the carrier than the phone.

Personally I prefer the smaller pearl sized phone than the curve sized opinions.

Matthew Moon
posted on 14 Jun 2008, 00:59

Blackberrys rule

In my opinion, there is no other phone available that can beat the Blackberry, no mater which one you buy. The Peal is a great phone, but its not without its problems. The size is perfect, the keypad is very ergonomically designed. The word predict feature makes texting faster than a qwerty keypad once you learn it. It does need some bugs worked out. The Pearl freezes up, turns off, and helps it self to speaker phone when it likes. There has been an update in the software, maybe it will help. I don't regret buying it, but wont buy another one, I'd buy the Bold if carried buy Verizon.

David
posted on 28 Apr 2008, 15:37

Agreed to Sam, Disagreed to Bruce...

I got the Pearl 8130, and I am a big guy (which means I got a big hand with FAT finger)... and when I text and IM on this phone, I can only say "Fantastic!!" cuz this suretype keypad takes no more space than regular phone, but much easier to use... Great phone ever!!

Sam
posted on 16 Apr 2008, 21:51

Disagree With Bruce

Sorry Bruce but I have to disagree with you on this phone. It is a great phone and I personally found it very easy to use the keyboard. No, it is not as easy as a full qwerty keyboard but it is MUCH easier than most phones. I got used to the predictive text pretty quickly and from then on it was great. Super phone for me.

Bruce
posted on 02 Feb 2008, 01:43

I have been a cellular phone user for more than 16 years and I can honestly say this is the most frustrating data device that I have ever used.
Dont get me wrong the phone end of the unit is tops...good sound...good signal...and decient ringer, however the keyboard is a lesson in frustration.
What were they thinking when they designed this phone? It seems the keys were designed for someone with long fingernails.
The actual shape of the key is raised in the middle and sloped on both top and bottom, sort of like a long shaped pyramid.
There is vurtualy no tactile feed back and the symbols printed on the keys require a magnafying glass to read.
The keyboard its self is jogged in the center which makes it extreamly hard to follow with the eye, and every key is multi function which for some of the keys takes up to four pushes to get to the character that you want, and that is not includeing caps.
If you are not extreamly fast on the key pushes, it will time out and you will get the wrong character.
That feature alone would be frustrating enough however with the predictive text feature, the first wrong character and it will change your entire word.
I realy did want to like this phone but after three straight days of pure frustration I returned it and chose a different data device.