BlackBerry Curve 8350i User Reviews

alexz
posted on 15 Aug 2011, 02:48

Horrrible Garbage phone , 8330 is way better anyone is better even a old old one

alexz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Not app are capable with this peiece of junk , if you have a BB you should use Crunch sms for texting because its amazing n it make all ur txts together in bubbles chat form like an iphone.

not this peice of s**t u cant no nothin n SMS normal text isnt even available

Pros

• nothing good for a paper weight

Cons

• Everything it sucks , u cant even do normal texts come on
  • look up crunch sms , if u wanna text like that get anyother Black berry

alexz alternatives:

Christine Lewis
posted on 28 Jul 2010, 11:41

Don"t waist your money!

I had a BB 8300 and switched to this for a better phone.  Unfortunately, I have had it replaced 5 times in the last 8 months.  Always a different problem!  It has been such a hassle that I wouldn't recommend  it to anyone. Very disappointing.

Pros

• The concept of what it is suppose to do is a pro. Unfortunately, it doesn't do what it is suppose to!

Cons

• The con is that it doesn't do what it is suppose to do. There seems to be a different problem with everyone I have gotten and I have been through 5 of these. When one thing works something else goes.

Mbele Yusef
posted on 14 Feb 2010, 13:25

Me not you

OK 1st if you get the service books for blackberry on the "crackberry" site you can get everything to work except the picture messaging; If your a teenage girl I'm sure you'll really miss this feature! But if you are a adult and have some sense and know how to do a google search for video tutorials they exist and they work! Also FYI NexTel and Sprint do work over each others towers that was a load of poo to say other wise. That's why the 8350i it is CDMA as well as IDEN because its a international phone (hence the i at the end of 8350). Other wise it could not be sold in Canada or Europe and well they sell quite well their! You simply download the service books and then use the Blackberry phone manager to change them and well then the Blackberry browser works even if you have Boost!

Pros

• So happy I got one CHEAP!

Cons

• Feel sorry for those who got the new 8330 for boos no wifi HAHA!

Lance
posted on 13 Dec 2009, 21:34

Awesome Device

I just purchased these for all of my employees after testing it out myself for a few months.  The phone is absolutely great, it does everything we need it to do including Nextel Direct Connect and email.  Text messaging was a little slow at first but it has since been fixed by Sprint and it is instant regardless of what carrier it is being sent to/from.  The Nextel data service is also a little slow for downloading apps but it works just fine for email and web browsing.  THe phone also has Wi Fi so you can connect just about anywhere much faster.  I have not experienced any coverage issues on the Nextel Network and I also carry a Sprint phone (which works great) and a Verizon phone (which also works great).

Meowmmm
posted on 09 Oct 2009, 20:39

Hacked for use with Boost Mobile

I bought my phone from eBay and hacked it with free software off the Internet for use with Boost Mobile. I now use the phone with Boost Mobile Unlimited plan for $50 a month.

The Good:

- Push to talk
- SMS Messaging  (be smart and use Google Voice)
- Built in Wifi
- Built in GPS
- Direct support for large GB micro sd cards. I currently use 8GB without any problems.
- Vonage app works, so I can call Europe for 2 cents a minute from a cell phone
- Can program the phone to turn on and off automatically.
- OTA Downloads so you don't have to download installs to a PC

The Average

- Camera Quality
- Call quality
- Internet speed is slow  - But it works great

The Bad

- With Boost Mobile, I cannot access the BlackBerry store (Can get apps direct from websites though)
- With Boost Mobile, I cannot access Black Berry Maps (Google and Live Maps work fine though)
- With Boost Mobile, I cannot access Black Berry Email (With Shangmail you can use email)
- MMS Messaging - Service is slow and can go down (This is from the network though not the phone)
- Video Recording is mediocre (Only records 240 x 180)
- Will not tether as a modem
- Some apps will not work with iden - i.e. Windows live app, yahoo app
- Will not record calls (A feature available with every Motorola phone for iden)

Conclusion

I paid $115 for my 8350i barely used, so I got a great deal...

KJ
posted on 04 Oct 2009, 18:40

Great phone...But watch out for the service.

I got this hone right after it launched. I love Blackberry's, HATE NEXTEL service. just note that Nextel and Sprint are still different service providers and this phone will not and can not work on sprints towers, How or Why Sprint/Nextel were unavailable for comment. I got into this phone and something are at first difficult to understand but after a while and you get it set up to what you want It's truly an awesome phone. The camera is a let down tho, But hte video camera makes up for that.

Pros

• This is prob the best blackberry out to date.

Cons

• The service provider sucks.

harley21
posted on 12 Apr 2009, 12:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Apr 2009)

great phone i think

first off ive been through alot with the sprint peeps,i have the simply alot plan and im pleased.echo issue was a big problem at first a couple of updates later and wa lah.text mess also was a factor,there again update fixed it.if you are a beep beep freak and enjoy the walkie talkie then its the best thing your gonna get.as far as the sprint tech peeps and all the other people that work at sprint,some of em should change professions,but there are a certain few that try there best to fix your problem,no matter the cost to sprint,even if that means sending a new phone thats not attatched to your insurrance provider.ie a new phone from sprint.some of the tech peeps just transfer you to another department,not cool,i know.and as for cool guy face,who works for a third world pharma company,lets not forget he makes 100000000000 an hour which makes him one cool charecter all his social skills are honed to fine perfection...eat @%&^ mo fo...your an idiot dude,your the reason we have drug addicts.enough bout the putz.the phone is great,have patients and make sure you have the right sprint tech dude on the other end,you might get a freebie.

Pros

• nextel dirrect connect,wifi,you dont have to buy ringtones,email services are great.fits in your hand well.

Cons

• cant adjust volume from home page.2.5 headphone jack.no themes available yet.very limited accesories

Alex Quinn
posted on 12 Jan 2009, 04:14

Good phone

I have had a great time with this phone. I am on that simply everything plan, so I have been able to get everything that I wanted. I have been able to get the nfl and the nascar app. I had a problem with text message, but after calling the customer service, then removing the sim card, it works great. I have actually been getting emails faster on my phone then I have been getting on my computer. I haven't had to connect to wi-fi at all. I have been getting great service everywhere, NV, NC, and AL. I will admit with the previous review though, to my knowledge I don't get the sprint tv, however, I will admit I forgot about it and will now see if I can get it.

Pros

• Great phone!

posted on 05 Jan 2009, 17:14

Let Down!!!

Not Impressed at all!!!
I've had the phone from day of release and I have been having problems with the text messaging. I would send out a text and and would have to turn the phone off and back on to recieve a reply message. And I thought that the MMS feature was going to be good, but its terrible!! It dont even allow you to recieve most of your picture messages.

NFL
posted on 03 Jan 2009, 20:42

nfl mobile live

i can get on my 8350i Nfl mobile live that is....

PantherKong
posted on 01 Jan 2009, 12:27

An "OK" Phone

In all, they did a great job as far as giving the phone a high quality design. They should have made this phone Sprint TV enabled and gave it access to the Music Store as well. You cannot get the free NFL Live access either. What a bomber!!!

Pros

• Very nice high quality design. Crisp, sharp, and bright screen. Very nice icons and layout. Great call quality and clearity.

Cons

• Wi-fi did not work in many areas. Even when it did, the phone would not play streaming videos. Sprint nor Blackberry could help me get the internet feature working, so my phone would only go to Wi-fi, with no other browser available. This phone does not come with Sprint TV or the Music Store, so you cannot get the free NFL Mobile Live. It attracts lots of smuges and finger prints on the screen and on the back of the phone.