BlackBerry Bold 9930 User Reviews

Internet5.2/10
Call quality7.8/10
Battery6.2/10

RonanHdez
posted on 14 Aug 2014, 12:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)

Worst phone I ever had

RonanHdez has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

My employer provided this "phone" to keep in contact but at this point in time with all the technology available I can't believe something this still exist. I have had way too many cell phones in my life as I love technology but this has been a nightmare of a device.

Build quality 8/10 Build quality is good and device feels solid
Reception 2/10 Reception Sucks! People complain all the time I don't pick up but my phone don't even have a missed call
Call quality 3/10 Really poor, people can barely hear me and I have a hard time trying to make sense of the little bits and pieces of sound I get from what they're saying.
Internet 1/10 Totally worthless, usually is in 1x and if I'm "lucky" I might get 3G which is still unusable.
Multimedia 1/10 Don't even bother to try it
Camera 1/10 Don't used as all of my other electronics have better cameras
UI speed 1/10 Such an archaic system, even the old feature phones are easier and more intuitive to use.
Everyday usage 1/10 Impossible to use, even to dial a phone number is a frustrating experience.
Text input 1/10 Hate the keyboard, impossible to use.
Display 1/10 Tiny and low resolution
Battery 1/10 battery life is good as the phone is unusable it stays on standby for days.

Pros

Cons

• Not usable internet
  • archaic UI
  • No simple way to dial a phone number
  • Tiny and low resolution screen

Mbacich
posted on 30 Aug 2011, 12:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)

Mbacich has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I wish they had come out with this phone last year before I bought the older Bold. The good news is they have a great phone on there hands. The keyboard is SUPREME. Thank you BB for bringing back a slightly larger keyboard. I actually feel like and I can leave work again and take care of all my emails from a coffee shop. Something that gets tiring on an iphone or on small keys.

tkong
posted on 26 Aug 2011, 07:58 (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)

RIMpire strikes back!

tkong has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've been gone from BB since the 9650. I left for the iPhone 4 then for the Droidx2. Regrets, but I'm back on the 9930 and can't believe how spectacular a device RIM created. The first thing you notice when you pick it up is it's not your old BB. The 9930 is thin but with a heft from the quality materials it's made from. The next thing you notice is typing on the keyboard. The keys are big and the spacious enough but not so big that you have my really move around to type. The keyboard also has good clickability. The touchscreen/screen is bright, vibrant, intuitive - a joy to use and view. Web browsing has greatly improved. I don't use it as my default browser, I have my computer for that but in a pinch, the browser is quick and renders pages without lag. Contrary to other reviews, the camera, though not auto-focus, is quick and produces great pictures. They are much better than previous cameras on phones I owned. I love that the camera on the 9930 is point, hold steady, snap!

All in all, I am very happy with RIM's flagship offering. I can see a long relationship with my 9930.

Pros

• - KEYBOARD
  • - email/BBM
  • - touchscreen/screen
  • - camera

sun0066
posted on 25 Aug 2011, 07:36 (Posts: 74; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)

BB is basck but not as strong as expected

sun0066 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Bb is back , but it is to me worst than the BB bold 9650. The camera remind me the first camera in the Treo's and there is not enough space for apps, so we need to be checking the available memory all the time. My old BB 9650 had whiteboards pics feature that I found very handy to save documents , this one ( 9930 ) close up are really bad and even in great light conditions that pics came out really bad, all of that make me still think the old bb are better , summarizing : a huge disappointment

Build quality 3/10 good
Reception 7/10 good
Camera 2/10 useless

Pros

• weight

Cons

• camera : useless
  • browser: midly useless
  • OS: outdated
  • Apps: few

Striker13084
posted on 17 Aug 2011, 15:45 (Posts: 126; Member since: 30 Mar 2009)

WWWOOOOOOWWWWW! Blackberry is back!

Striker13084 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is an amazing device! The touch is super responsive and has some of the best pinch to zoom that I have seen yet. The build quality is superb, with a metal bezel and ACTUAL carbon fiber backing, blackberry has brought back the quality that they were once known for. The keyboard is similar to that of previous models, but with a better tactile feel. Camera takes good photos, but the speed at which you can snap photos is lightening fast. OS7 is super smooth with the 1.2Ghz processor behind it. This device is definitely going to bring blackberry is to the current smart phone market.

Build quality 10/10 super solid feel
Reception 10/10 Verizon network!
Internet 7/10 Small display and no flash meida
Camera 7/10 only a 5MP camer
UI speed 10/10 fast and smooth
Everyday usage 10/10 simple and easy to use
Text input 8/10 keyboard is slighly cramped
Display 9/10 very high resolution

Pros

• touch display
  • qwerty keyboard
  • quality build
  • 1.2Ghz processor
  • slim design

Cons

• small display
  • no flash media
  • no front facing camera (but who really needs that anyways)
  • no 4G