BlackBerry 4G PlayBook User Reviews

duqdhguu
posted on 20 Aug 2012, 22:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)

Pretty awesome

duqdhguu has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I was a bit hesitant at first, since a lot of people would only consider an iPad, but I am really happy I chose the Playbook. Firstly, the UI is really smooth and easy to use, the tablet is extremely well-built with a beautiful screen, and it surfs the internet, plays videos, and goes through emails perfectly.

My friend also tested out the Blackberry and Playbook connection functionality and that was pretty cool. Basically instantaneously beamed photos from the Blackberry to my Playbook and vice versa.

The micro-USB and micro-HDMI connectivity is an added bonus, as I like seeing stuff on my giant monitor.

The camera isn't perfect, as it could have a few more megapixels, but it still works great, easy to use, fast, and good quality photos.

Build quality 9/10 Feels solid and extremely well-built. Easy to hold, good material to grip, and a beautiful screen
Reception 10/10 Latches onto Wi-fi like nobodies business.
Call quality 10/10 Well it's not really made for calls, but I call people through Gchat once in a while and it's brilliant and clear.
Internet 10/10 Very smooth browsing of internet, goes really fast too.
Multimedia 9/10 One of my favorite things to do is watch videos on it. Music playback is pretty solid too.
Camera 8/10 Easy to use, pretty great quality. Front and rear cameras are both good.
UI speed 10/10 Honestly, one of the best UIs I've used. Fast, reliable, intuitive, and powerful.
Text input 10/10 One of the few touchscreen keyboards that I don't mind using. At least RIM still knows how to do keyboards.
Display 9/10 The screen is quite brilliant. Bright and clear.
Battery 10/10 Much better than I expected. It can sometimes run for a week if you don't use it much, though I use it a lot and it still lasts a full 3 days.

Pros

• Price is great!
  • UI is very smooth and quick
  • Great for videos and music
  • Perfect size, and easy to hold
  • Quick and smooth for browsing internet

Cons

• Camera does not have flash
  • Not as many apps as I would like