BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 User Reviews

posted on 10 Sep 2010, 14:18

Junk

On my 3rd 8230.  First one droped calls, wouldnt receive calls or text messages.  2nd phone would only last 3hrs on a charge.  Did a battery swap, did the samething.  Now on my 3rd phone and hoping it works.  Doesnt look good.  Have made 1 call that was 5 minutes long, phone has been of the charger for 4hrs and it's already showing orange on the battery.  Not going to make it all day.  Hard to ru a business on this type of phone and us cellular will not let me change the phone out for a different one.

Devon
posted on 29 May 2010, 09:10

I really don't like this phone

I have this phone and I hate it.  This phone sucks.  My first one that I got had it turned on, and with in 2 hours it fried the hard drive in itself, then I got a new one, and now it will just shut off, when it wants to, my clock won't hold the correct time.  You have alot of steps to go thru just to get to a missed call..  I just hate this phone, I would never recomend this phone for anyone to buy.  It's a pain in the butt.

Pros

• looks

Cons

• shuts off when it wants
  • doesn't keep good time, will lose time
  • to many steps to get to something
  • slow internet

posted on 14 Nov 2009, 23:47

I love this phone

Its just an all around great phone. I have had all sorts of smartphones and this one yeah its lightweight but it always pulls through for me. I never have to reset it. The suretype is really accurate. And for a flip phone still retains a good new age look.

Pros

• Great screen, Suretype, 3.5 mm headphone jack, micro sd, micro usb, good processing speed, its a blackberry.

Cons

• BB browser still slow but who uses it when there is opera mini, feels a little cheap

techie1234
posted on 22 Jul 2009, 17:58

BB power in a small package.

I have had this phone for about a month and here are my observations. I really like FLIP phones so this fit right into my style. There is no way to accidentally dial anyone while in your pocket - ever (I know the candy bar phones have keyboard locks but they do not always work correctly or they can by chance get unlocked if you press just the right combination of keys while in your pocket). The flip also protects the main screen too. GPS worked well, but was locked to VZNav (could not use Google maps with GPS - only cell tower triangulation) - Why does Verizon do this!? Can anyone say annoying!. The phone is a true BlackBerry with all the great things about BB phones - email, web, apps, etc. The built in music player is great. I like the standard headphone jack. Since it runs on EVDO-rev 0 its a bit slower internet connection than rev A phones (but the Bolt browser runs great on this phone). The inside screen is a bit small (although its the same size as the Tour screen on its side - 2.4"). One thing about all BB phones is that they don't come with repeat audible alerts for missed calls or messages (only the LED). I know there is a simple app that can solve this problem for a few bucks, but can anyone say annoying - my 4 year old LG phone did this right out of the box. The battery life was fine for my usage. Verizon coverage is great as we all have come to expect. The SureType keyboard is both a plus and negative. It takes some getting use to (and some will never be comfortable...

Pros

• flip, nice music player, standard headset jack, SureType

Cons

• smallish screen, GPS locked to VZNav, slow, SureType

Leo
posted on 26 Jun 2009, 12:42

Love It..Except for Slowwww 3G

Have had the the Verizon version for a little while...really like everything about it..the suretype is still a little harder to get used to..but the web browsing could be so much improved by using the faster 3G network..too bad.

Pros

• Great BB feature set in a clamshell..

Cons

• Slow 3G..

DAGMAN
posted on 14 May 2009, 21:12

BB PEARL FLIP

i like the keypad for ease of touch. difficulties finding menu items as this is my first bb. calculator very limited compared to samsung versions. took one back as it did not recognize media cards. bb website does not differentiate flip 8220/8230 unless you really dig even though they are different.

Pros

• LARGER KEYPAD VS OTHER BB

Cons

• FOR THE HYPE OF BB THE FEATURES OF MY NONSMART PHONES I LIKED BETTER AND WAS ABLE TO NAVIGATE AND USE THE ONES I WANTED WITH EASE.