Pantech PN-810 User Reviews

Wicked822
posted on 27 Sep 2008, 12:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Sep 2008)

Ocean

this phone has always been on the brink of being really kick a** or not being so good at all. When i bought it, it took me a week to finally get sick of it's fat size, and over all performance,  but i can over come it by it's features. after a while of being in my poket, i just bought a holder for it. It would bother me so mush sometime i won't take it out of my car. I know that to some people, it dosen't really affect them, but if your like me it's not the best size in the world.
other then that, i believe that it's feature are the BOMB!!! With the GPS, messaging, and mobile internet, it really takes the cake. thats pretty much what you pay for on the device. it can't compare to the web browser as seen on the voyager, but when opera mobile came i thought it was the S***. and for youtube mobile, i can't get my brother off of it. this phone really helps you not to get bored on long trips. Especially when all you pay is 65 bucks a month, no body can complain. Except for the performance.
When i signed up for helio on october 2007, i thought it was the best phone company out there. and in the begginning i was right, it got the best review form cnet, and it was at the top of the game. then, it was bought out by Virgin mobile. from then on i started to get no reception at my house, when i used to get it there.so reception get a thumbs down for this device. and i dont know if the internet was effected as well, but somtimes my youtube app gets no data and dose not work. not only...

Pros

• 1. tons of features.(GPS,youtube mobile, internet,etc.)
  • 2.Full keyboard and numeric key pad.
  • 3.helio store on the ocean for over the air purchases of music ringtones,etc.
  • 4. Good pricing of plans.
  • 5.2MP camera

Cons

• 1. Bulkey size.
  • 2. Bad reception.
  • 3. bad speaker.
  • 4.not so good call quality

R8r-Bobby
posted on 13 Jan 2008, 05:41

Great Phone=Great Value

I have been looking all over phonearena.com and some clips in youtube. Actually, I was going to buy the Voyager but it was way more expensive than I thought. I TXT a lot and I like to schedule everything in my phone (not a business man but I like to organize) so I needed full keyboard as my X-phone LG the V (Quite old, tho...) At first, I liked it because of the price and the plan ($65 for everything. Enough said) and I hated it because of thick design(thicker than enV or Voyager, and heavier than The V)

BUT it helped me with everything.
I went to San Diego, LA, Santa Barbara, and San Jose for the trip during the winter break. I was totally freaked out when I was heading to San Jose because it was already 10 O'clock at the 101 highway and my parents and I was hungry.(could not find any restaurants) Then I went to Google map (Free app.) to find the restaurants, hotels, etc.

Bam! I found and I was able to call them to reserve the room and the dinner. I think Google map is the best app. in Ocean.

The two problems that I have are Signal and speaker mode. Well I can call wherever I am but sometimes it sucks/ only one or two bars. Well I live in SF so its still fine. (It worked well in SD, LA, San Jose, and Santa Barbara, too.) I use speaker mode a lot when I am driving cuz I don wanna mess up with police. The V worked very well as a speaker phone you just open up the bigger screen and that's it, but for ocean you need to click menu and speaker on. Ocean's speaker mode sound...

TechSaint
posted on 10 Jan 2008, 02:48

5.8

Phone just not for me

I had the Helio Ocean for 1 month, and i dropped the ocean, and helio after that and moved back to tmobile.

Lets give some history, I have used a Nokia 3650 (3-4 years) and 6086 (3 months) before the Helio, my usage patterns were built using the Symbian 60 platform.

First Impressions:
The first thing i noticed about the Ocean is that messaging on it is a dream. Its awesome. Bar none. I started using services like twitter and myspace way more, using this device. It just felt "natural". I also noticed that everyone i called, had trouble hearing me, and I had trouble hearing them. with Full bars, and the 3G network wouldnt always work 100%.

Pros:
Messaging is awesome. Side Kick eat your heart out!

Youtube app is a nice extra.

The media player is also great. It supports PlayForSure, and specifically Yahoo Music, of which i have a 2 year subscription to. So that was a nice surprise.

You can also make custom playlists right on the device, which is a nice change from most portable music players.

GPS was awseome! and being charged monthly now is really nice. (one knock is i tried using the GPS during a phone call, as someone was telling me their address and i wanted to input it into the phone...no multitasking...so i had to write the info down. Not a huge deal, but added to the feeling of being constricted by my device)

Cons:
My usage patterns developed on the Symbian, this device is not for what i call "device power users". On my 3650 (which i had for 3-4 years...and still...

Danny
posted on 03 Jan 2008, 20:57

smart, uhh device!

Ive had my ocean for about a month now and I still find it fascinating
the device or phone or whatever comes packed with features. I love the free text msgs. I've sent about 900 this month. Hey, they said free text.
also the free internet and GPS enabled google maps is great. very useful tools on the go. the design is great! Everyone that sees it is awestruck.
Although the coverage drops two bar from outside to inside my house, despit there being a sprint tower a mile up the road. And the less bars the slower the "3G" network is. Videos are washey and video messaging might as well be picture messageing. But I still love it. E-mail' youtube, and all. over all a pretty good unit, device...uhh...phone?

mikeyp
posted on 07 Dec 2007, 21:04

in awe

so i have had my ocean for a month, and i am awestruck to say the least. I love the unlimited internet, text, and i love how cool my phone looks. Plus, this is all at a very good price. THe battery life is good for how much use you get out of it so thats probably my only quirk

Anthony
posted on 28 Oct 2007, 15:29

Nothing else like it on the market

Verizon has the enV which is somewhat similar to this phone but lets be honest, verizon phones are B O R I N G. Helio has brought some spice back to cell phones and quite honestly, i love this phone. The 3G network is great! My only dislike about the phone is the web browsing, I think it should be more like the apple iPhone where you can see what the web page literally looks like. I did have one problem with the phone where the ear piece wasn't working and I had to keep it on speaker phone if i wanted to hear the other person. Helio over nighted me a new phone free of charge, so I still have no complaints about the phone. =)

Nancy
posted on 18 Oct 2007, 11:58

Good but

I've had my ocean for 2 weeks now. I love the phone and all the things you can do with it. But the signal when I'm home stinks. I've found out that helio runs on the sprint network, which explains the lousy signal at home 'cause I have a sprint work phone and have the same issue. Unfortunately, I'm sending it back before my 30 day trial period ends :(

Colliant
posted on 28 Aug 2007, 08:46

Best phone for the price

I've had my ocean for about a week. I love it. My sister has an iphone and we had to do our own comparison. I do admit the iphone had it's WOW's, the touch screen.the thin design. the fast interface was awesome,but the PRICE is rediculous! Theoceanevendoesmorethan theiphone. the IM (aol-msn-yahoo), the keyboard buttons are spaced out which makes it easier not to hit two simultaneously, picture messaging, best camera i've had on a phone (flash-zoom). You can view your email from almost any account. the phone will even synchronize you addressbook. Helio even offers the plan I chose for unlimited EVERYTHING, minutes, data, text, EVERYTHING. You can remove the battery so if you need to carry a spare no problem. 3D games. Tons of downloadable content music,videos, video rings. You can use a micro SD memory card as well. No need to download some crazy application, just plug in the USB and transfer compatible files. It will even store the files that are not compatible. You just won't be able to use them on your phone. All together I am very happy with my decision and I can shop with the other $200-$300 I didn't have to spend. I would recommend this phone to anyone young and old.

Gregory Andrew
posted on 15 May 2007, 20:46

Awesome Phone!

Works great, Fun to use!

Love it all around!!

Aboutsolutely awesome! Helio platform is really colorful and cool too!

Perfect for teenagers!!!!

KageLuz
posted on 15 May 2007, 19:53

Gadget Inspector!

I bought my Ocean on Friday, the 1st day available. As a SideKick user of over 4 years, I wanted to compare a few features between the two and give my comparisons from a SideKick 3 owner’s perspective.
I wrote my own thoughts on over 10 points comparing my usual usage of the SideKick 3 to my new usage of the Ocean. I wrote it primarily to help other SK3 users have a better idea of whats in store if they want to try it.

Short version: I really like the Ocean.
Long detailed version: Check it out here! http://tinyurl.com/2ka3eb

One of my (over 10) personal comparisons:
Speaker Phone-Input:
I called several people over the weekend who are used to talking with me while I have them on my SK3’s speaker phone. I called, didn’t let them know that they were on the Ocean’s speaker and at the end of each call, they were all surprised when I told them. Each one said that I sounded better than when I am on my SK3’s speaker phone. My brother went as far as to say that it sounded better than when i’m talking into my SK3 (not using speaker). Your mileage may vary by signal strength, locale, environment, etc, but for me, the results were pretty consistent over the past 2 days.
Advantage: Ocean

Thanks and enjoy!

matt b.
posted on 14 May 2007, 23:39

Ocean = Helio's saviour

Haven't received mine yet, but after doing a a lot of research and reading preliminary reviews of the Ocean this phone is going to be spectacular. Goodbye Sprint, hello Helio!