Pantech Impact User Reviews

Battery4.8/10
Reception5.4/10
Display6.3/10

libbybug
posted on 23 May 2012, 19:27 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 May 2012)

Awful Phone

libbybug has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The phone was OK as a first phone, but soon I hated it. The space bar broke, and the entire outer piece of plastic on the keyboard broke and wouldn't stay in place. Camera position was awful, it was right where your hand goes, and the back that holds the battery in kept falling off.

Build quality 1/10 The back fell off repeatedly and the keyboard was awful.
Reception 5/10 Could usually get reception, OK calls.
Call quality 4/10 Calls were easily dropped, as the "touch screen" buttons were very sensitive.
Internet 1/10 Didn't use internet.
Multimedia 3/10 Weird interface for music, pictures, and video.
Camera 1/10 In a horrible spot, as naturally, it's placed right where your hand would go to take pictures. Also, bad quality pictures.
Everyday usage 4/10 Held up pretty ok for being thrown around quite a lot.
Text input 8/10 Pretty good text input, actually. Until the space bar broke...
Display 7/10 Icons were cute, and usually easy to find things.
Battery 3/10 Had to charge all the time, unless I was using it.

Pros

• Good texting interface - Conversation Structure

Cons

• Broken back
  • Broken keys
  • Front "touch screen" easily scratched
  • Awful camera placement
  • Bad camera quality

ericlericl
posted on 20 Dec 2011, 23:42 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)

Decent phone

ericlericl has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The Pantech Impact is a decent quick messaging phone. It is easy to use, fast, and customizable. It has quite a bit of features, and decent internet. If you are a hard core texter, than this is the phone for you. The only really bad thing about it is the durability. I had a case from case logic and the case got dust under where the case meets the outer screen. I finally had to take the case off of the phone because it fell apart. I then went to accessorygeeks.com to get a new case. They had a $10 case that I ordered. When it finally arrived it was not the right one. After I sent it back they sent me another one, but it was still the wrong one. When they finally sent me the right one it was this cheap-o plastic thing that went around the rim. I sent it back because it was not what the advertised. The point of this is that there are no good cases for this phone. That would not be an issue if the phone was very durable, but it is not. The day after the warranty expired the back of the phone fell off when it was in my pocket while I was mountain biking. I searched all over for it but I could not find it. I eventually got another phone. The other bad thing is that it is on AT&T, which is a really bad network

Build quality 1/10 The back fell off.
Reception 4/10 The reception on the phone was good when I was roaming, but not when I was on the AT&T network
Call quality 2/10 AT&T= bad
Internet 10/10 It was 3g and easy to use.

Pros

• Texting
  • easy to use

Cons

• build quality

Fuck
posted on 12 Aug 2011, 15:43

Bad phone

Fuck has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Don't buy it..... It sucks balls ..............................................................................................why the heck would I post 250 characters seriously.........., Kayy I freaking don't know what to writeSooo yeah just don't buy it it's so stupid honestly seriously

Jacob1212
posted on 13 May 2011, 12:43

Worst phone ever (part 2)

Jacob1212 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

when i first got this phone, it didnt send messages. i had to reboot, then it would work for a while... then it would do it again. i thought it was because of water damage so i got a new one with insurance... did the same the right out of the box... its not because reception, because i have 5 full bars and it still wont send. At&t thought it was the sim card so they gave me a new one. still didnt work. they are giving me a new phone model for free soon because this phone failed so bad. just please, dont get it.

Jacob1212 alternatives:

Jacob1212
posted on 13 May 2011, 12:38

Worst phone, ever. (Part 1)

Jacob1212 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

WORST. PHONE. I. HAVE. EVER. HAD. IN. MY. LIFE.
Anyone who has given this phone a good rating hasn't used it for more than a month. First week i got the phone. Dropped it on CARPET and the back flung right off and all the latches that made the back stay on busted, and im not picky about this kind of stuff but the phone feels really cheap in general. The front is ok but scratches VERY easily, and i always end calls when i put the phone to my ear because the the buttons are so sensitive.
THE OS FAILS. For a feature phone, this one barely has any features. first off, im a big fan text signatures and this phone doesnt have them. Also there are only 2 color scheme options, 2 menu options, and 2 font options. Not to mention all the menus are not user friendly at ALL. To change any ringtones you have to go to "Profiles". Why cant it say "Ringtones"? Why does it say "Profiles"? Its just terrible! Oh ya and by the way it has the most utterly retarded ring tones ever...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOW FOR THE BIGGEST FAIL EVER..... THE MESSAGES DONT EVEN SEND! (ill continue with a part 2)

Jacob1212 alternatives:

chao06
posted on 10 May 2011, 18:22

DO NOT BUY!

chao06 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Anyone who has given this phone good reviews either has had it for less than a week or has extremely low expectations from a phone. The OS has numerous bugs that there's really no excuse for.

1) Despite the fact that this is supposed to be a text messaging phone, it "runs out of space" for messages constantly, even though there's plenty of remaining memory.

2) This is a horrible phone if you have any interest in using it as a phone. The touchscreen front is a gimick, and rather obliterates usability. Pulling the phone out of my pocket to answer it, it's not uncommon that a finger will brush the front of the phone and cancel the call. Also, if I use it not on speakerphone, then often my face touching the phone will press buttons.

3) In the shortcuts menu, the third and fourth position are dedicated to "Mobile Video" and "My Account". There is no way to change this to put something you actually use in prominent positions on your shortcuts menu. Also, in the contacts list, there's about 10 AT&T entries that you cannot delete.

4) Battery life is mediocre at best. I find myself charging it every couple days, and it charges slowly. There's no way to turn off 3G.

5) In setting up an alarm, there's an option to have it recur weekly, but it doesn't ask you what day you want it to recur on. If you want to set an alarm for 1:20 on Mondays, you have to wait until 1:21 on Sunday to set it.

DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. Noone has any business selling a device of such poor quality

Spunky
posted on 18 Apr 2011, 18:00

GREAT PHONE!!!! BUY IT!!!

Spunky has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

ive had this phone for about 2 weeks and all i can say is its down right a bad*** phone the camera is a bit bad but everything else is really good txting is very fast and easy calling very good mine is loud when people call me the sound quantity is good on mine its just one heck of a good phone i would def recommend this phone to txters also i do wish it could come in black becuase blue just doesnt look that all good i mean it dont look bad tho but all in all pretty well kept phone! good luck guys~! hope i helped

Pros

• long lasting battery
  • great sound
  • fast txting
  • easy to hang on too
  • very good looking
  • feels and looks good
  • touch pad
  • go and get this phone you wont regret it!

Cons

• the only thing i can think of is the cam is real bad!!!!
  • and colors wish there was like a orange red black etc.

THORNIVY23
posted on 04 Apr 2011, 17:36

Pantech had a bust

THORNIVY23 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Since day one I have had problems with this phone. Its not so akward but it is very easy to accidentally hang up on a person and the phone will freeze or randomly shut off. It does not take damage well. I used to have phones I would throw, but this one I barely drop and it scratches up. Sometimes the touch screen will run away with the numbers, dialing something you arent even touching. Mine got waer damage from being 5 feet away from the shower with the hot water running, and it is super easy for water to get inside the phone. To be honest, I hated this phone. A lot of people have a hard time hearing me, and I have a hard time hearing them.

Pros

• Great keybord

Cons

• Freezes
  • Limited Memory
  • Not Durable
  • Touch screen isnt good
  • Easy to break

Mathew
posted on 02 Feb 2011, 22:40

Pantech Impact is perfect

Mathew has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone has all the basic phone features, and even many advanced ones. I had no problems with this phone and I love it! The color is great, along with the reception, sound quality, music player, internet, battery, and easy-of-use. The phone has no noticeable issues. I highly recommend this phone to people of all ages.

Pros

• Color
  • Great reception
  • Sound quality
  • Easy to use
  • Internet

snowgator
posted on 19 Jan 2011, 14:45 (Posts: 3161; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)

Decent phone, not great.

snowgator has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

After my slider screen was damaged at work, wanted a clamshell design to protect my main screen and wanted one with a full keyboard.This is AT&T's only offering. Pantech has put out some quality products in the last couple years. It has a fantasic keyboard, spacious, and has a lot of thought to it's key placements and options. The inside screen is real vibrant. Web browser is really responsive for a feature phone, loading pages quickly and not freezing up. (No where near even a entry level smart phone, though.) It is hampered by a poor camera, low quality and painfully bad controls. If photos are a main thing in your selection of phones, pass on the Impact. While reception is good, call quality is only decent. When closed, it is a regular phone with a "tin can" effect in it's speakers. When open, it is speaker phone mode, and you have to hold the phone close for your caller to hear you clearly, which does defeat the purpose of a speaker phone deosn't it? The outside screen has gotten a lot of compliments for it's looks, but it is really unimpressive in performance. The keys are either over sensitive or completely unresponsive- I cannot get to a happy medium in it's settings. The outside screen is simply good for simply prompts, incoming call numbers, unread messaging, ect. Overall, I am okay with the phone and will keep it to the end of my contract, but I do not love it. It is best suited for casual users and would be excellent for heavy texters.

Build quality 9/10 Excellent feel and construction.
Call quality 5/10 Inconsistent - poor sound quality.
Internet 8/10 Very responsive for a feature phone.
Multimedia 5/10 Good array of features. Bloatware occupies a lot of shortcuts and apps and cannot be erased.
Camera 3/10 Horrible placement of lens and controls- only mediocre results.
UI speed 8/10 Quick, responsive.
Everyday usage 8/10 has held up really well to constant key and phone usage.
Text input 10/10 Easily on of the better texting keyboards out there.
Display 8/10 Very nice interior screen- exterior screen is useless, but looks nice.
Battery 7/10 About average life- full days usage, recharge at night.

Pros

• Great quality
  • Outstanding Keyboard
  • Good set of features
  • Good interior screen
  • responsive web browser

Cons

• Only fair call quality
  • Camera- epic failure.
  • Placement of shortcut keys inconvienient.
  • Exterior keys and screen poor.
  • Tons of "bloatware" that cannot be deleted.

Toya
posted on 17 May 2010, 12:22

I love my phone but...

I have owed the phone roughly three months, as of last month every now and then the keys would not function properly. I really like my phone from the look to the design to the features. But my proeblem is that over the weekend, the keys are not functioning at all. I cannot access my text messages nor my pics of my newly born son. I have tried to get some information over the internet hoping to find a way to fix the phone, guess was hoping it was something simple. Help... if anyone can give me an ideas of what to do. I really do love my phone and cannot afford to purchase another at this time.

Pros

• love the design
  • love the color
  • love the features
  • love the style
  • love the way pics come out...
  • the way keyboard set up

Cons

• trouble with inside keyboard

Anonoymous
posted on 10 May 2010, 18:35

Overall Rating

I just got my phone about a month ago, and its very case sensitive, and it breaks very easy.  Speaker phone only works when it's open so it's a disadvantage.  It is very good for texting.  The videos come out fuzzy and only last 34 seconds.  It  can easily fall out of your pocket and make severe scratches and damage.  It charges quickly which is good.

Pros

• -texting
  • -charges quickly

Cons

• - case sensitive
  • - damages easily
  • - videos come out fuzzy/ can't record very long

leelee
posted on 09 May 2010, 17:51

good phone but has its downfalls

Over all when i first got the phone i loved it...... about three months later though, five buttons just stopped working.... now i can't delete texts or pictures... and since i cant delete anything my phones memory is filling up... it just gets me mad because my old phone even though it was bad on batery i never had a problem like this...... and then at&t told me that i need a certain coverage plan to get it fixed.....

Pros

• color
  • keyboard
  • easy managment

Cons

• bottons stopped working

alesha rubeck
posted on 16 Apr 2010, 09:11

not bad

i like the phone its a good color. its light. but the speacker phone only works when its open. the in box and out box would be nice. but convorcations is ok. lock button on the side is nice. good for texting and the internet. the speakers are pretty good. it dosent have manny hard covers out yet.
overall it is a nice phone

Pros

• speakers, internet, keyboard, touch screan

Cons

• speacker phone

Vicki~D
posted on 25 Jan 2010, 12:50

Love it.

I got my Impact a week ago and have to say that it is a great phone. I got the pink one and it looks quite elegant, fits my hand well(not to big or bulky), feels solid, it's made well with a good smooth strong hinge.
The front Touch screen is very nice and responds well. I had an LG Vu before this Impact and the calibration for the touch really was horrid(that is why I bought the Impact).
Since the front screen is black, it does attract fingerprints, but it is easy to wipe them off.
The back is a plastic, but it is pearlized so it doesn't look cheap like alot of the colored phones.
It has good volume for ringtones and message alerts, so I haven't missed a call or message yet.
The sound quality is good, pretty clear. I haven't had a problem hearing callers or them hearing me well. The speakerphone sounds clear as well. My one complaint on this subject is that the phone has to be open to use the speakerphone. It has a speaker on each side of the main screen so my music files sound quite good.
Texting is a breeze on this phone, the keyboard is laid out well, and it's keys are beveled so I haven't had a problem typing wrong letters, I am able to fire off a text pretty fast with few, if any mistakes. The keyboard is very solid.  My one complaint here is that instead of a standard inbox and sent box, it uses a conversation format almost like IMs.
The keyboard has a few dedicated keys that are convenient....a .com key, new message key, contacts key, a multi tasking key, and...

Pros

• designed well
  • attractive, stylish, rounded corners
  • ease of use
  • good sound
  • good keyboard and keys
  • solid feel, not bulky
  • relatively fast browser that is good
  • easy navigation to menu items

Cons

• no camera flash or image editor
  • has to be open to take picture and button to take photo is placed inconveniently
  • has to be open to use speakerphone
  • uses conversation mode instead of inbox and sent boxes

Courtney
posted on 23 Jan 2010, 10:27

great all around phone

i really love this phone! my  favorite thing is that the text messages can be viewed im an im form. i got pink and it is a light pink i would of liked a hot pink but i guess the made it to best please everyone. the internet works great on it. i have unlimited and if im not done reading something i can put it to the background until i want it again.  the only thing is is loads slow somethings but all computers do that so its not so bad. the music and the gps are also really great. i never get lost anymore and i always have my favorite songs at my side.i think its a great phone for anyone who loves music, texting, not getting lost, and the internet.

Pros

• great features

Cons

• dont really like the color

Valerie
posted on 28 Dec 2009, 21:16

COVERS

I just received as a Xmas present because love PINK. Only downsize I really noticed is cannot get a hard cover for phone. Gells can still damage somewhat. Well I believe AT&T had one, but not paying that much. I never get accessories thru the actual phone dealer and have found another home charger and a car charger for only $2.99 each.

Pros

• color

Cons

• no hard covers

Ijustwantaphone
posted on 21 Dec 2009, 23:00

False Advertisement

For those of you who want a phone to be a phone first with a few extras then this is a nice phone. However, I cannot recommend this phone until Pantech (1-800-962-8622) corrects the mistake that they have made in advertising this phone. Their web site (http://www.pantechusa.com/phones/impact) as well as every other web site advertising this phone including AT&T’s say’s that this phone has “Speaker-Independent Voice Commands”. IT DOES NOT HAVE THIS FEATURE. If you are like me and need true hands free system that can be used with Bluetooth or even the speaker phone this is not the phone. AT&T’s solution to this problem was to add their “Voice Dial” to my account and graciously charge me $4.99 each month to dial *8, press talk, listen to prompt, say who I want to call, listen to some more prompts. But first I have to set up a separate contact list (limit of 20) on their web site because it does not use the contact list that you set up on your phone. This is not hands free, you can dial the number faster than you can go through this process.   If you have already purchased this phone please call Pantech and insist that they give us a software update or recall this phone. AT&T should pull it from their line until the problem is fixed. I believe that false advertisement is against the law. Even if you haven’t purchased the phone still call… Don’t let Pantech and AT&T get by with this or it will only get worse. Now...

• Call quality
  • Speed dial
  • Nice address book, alarm

Cons

• False Advertisement
  • NO Speaker-Independent Voice Commands

cutetexan
posted on 25 Nov 2009, 23:10

Great phone!!

So far I love this phone. It's as close to a regular phone as possible. Great sound, great feel, great keyboard - even has conversation texting. I have nails and it's easy to use ladies!!! I am tech savvy but wanted just a regular phone since I am on it as a phone more than the average person. I use roughly 6k minutes a month. So far this phone is perfect for that. The only downside I see so far that I'm hoping there is a workaround for is that when you are on the phone there doesn't appear to be a keypad lock. I use bluetooth and when I accidentally touch the screen the person i am talking to hears a loud tone.  I bought the pink one and it's a beautiful color and nice handling phone. Speaker sounds great - ringers could be more and louder but that can be changed through new ringtones.

Pros

• Keypad great feel and size, conversation texting, ease of use, sleek design, great color, great sound

Cons

• keylock when phone is in use seems non existent. Doesn't have a speaker phone when phone is closed. At least not that i have found.