PCD PCS-1450 User Reviews

hltechie
posted on 18 Oct 2011, 10:05 (Posts: 85; Member since: 08 May 2009)

This phone is indestructible

hltechie has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

What can I say? It is not a smart phone, just a simple phone and it does a darn good job at that. This was the second phone I ever had and it did a great job. I always had great reception, call quality was so so, pictures were ok (its VGA for crying out loud) but what gets me is this thing never dies and the battery is amazing. I swear I've thrown this phone at walls, dropped it millions of times and countless other things and it still works! Please understand I am basing this rating on the type of phone it is, nowadays it would be looked at as a piece of junk, but a few years ago it would have been perfectly fine. If you are looking for a phone that will make calls and last for days on a battery charge I'd say go with this.

Internet 1/10 This is not a smart phone, data shouldn't really be considered
Multimedia 9/10 no Micro SD card slot, phone wasn't really designed to play media
Camera 1/10 for a VGA it isn't bad

Pros

• long battery life
  • great simple phone for calling

Cons

• VGA camera
  • no Micro SD card slot

Nathan
posted on 27 Jul 2009, 15:12

UTstarcom 1450m

I hated this phone with a passion. It was so useless. Between terrible sound quality and any pictures taken looking terrible, and not to mention I had to text them to my email in order to get any pictures off my phone. So it was a total waste of money when I bought it and continues to be a waste while I had it. I don't reccomend this phone at all.

Mine finally was of use when I threw it at the wall in aggravation.

Pros

• Small
  • Durable

Cons

• Easy to lose
  • Terrible sound and picture image
  • Too few useful features

posted on 12 Jan 2009, 00:14

I've had this phone for almost a year.  I have no complaints about calling or texting but I cannot download ring tones, wall paper or games, top up from the phone, or upload pictures or send picture messages.  Since there is no way to connect the phone to a computer all the pictures I take can only be viewed from the phone so I can't save them anywhere.  For what it does I could have gotten a much cheaper phone from Virgin Mobile and the fact that the phone is supposed to do all those things makes me more angry.  I will be getting a new phone within the next few months.

Pros

• no problems calling (good service/reception)
  • good size (slim)

Cons

• many features don't work
  • camera phone useless

posted on 19 Dec 2008, 19:50

i hate this phone

I hava had to deal with this phone for a whole year. It has been torture. The pictures are horrible. The sound when you are talking on the phone is hard to hear, even at its highest volume. It is constantly freezing up and deleting stuff from the phone without me doing it myself!! ADVISE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN BUYING THIS PHONE!!!!

Pros

Cons

• bad pictures
  • horrible sound
  • freezes up
  • the phone deletes things on its own!!

kayla
posted on 10 Aug 2008, 16:55

worst phone ever

i absolutly hate this phone signal is bad ringtones are crappy camera sucks every single thing about this phone i hate you should realy not get it

Bob Smith
posted on 09 Jul 2008, 11:30

Piece of garbage!

I got this phone for a confirmation gift and all it does it freeze up. Also it gets like 100 degrees if you talk on it too long. So far I have had nothing but trouble and i recommend you get anything but this crap. I am returning it today to get a phone that has a decent camera and dosent seem like a low quality childs toy.

dana
posted on 17 Mar 2008, 11:31

pretty good

Ive only had two phones, the oyster and now the super slice. the super slice turned out better than i thought it would be because i dont think much of virgin mobile phones. the camera isnt great but its better than most and takes pretty good pics. i like the sound quality, i can always hear the person on the other end and i havent had a sound problem yet. the bluetooth is pretty good and i like the texting, ive never had a problem with double or tripple messages being sent. over all its a pretty good phone that doesnt have much but its worth the money. i would suggest it to someone.

brandon
posted on 31 Jan 2008, 22:19

3.6

this is not the greatest phone

I have hadthis phone for a few months it was not the greatest phone! it was always frezing up on me. and it would send out double and tripple text messages! the camera is not all that great eaither lol its a basic VGA camera now i takes good pictures IF AND ONLY IF you are in sun light and in a bright area! the keys are kinda small! but ringtones sound great on it tho!

Helen
posted on 28 Jan 2008, 18:18

Can't receive ring tones or pics

Like the phone. But you can't send or receive ring tones or pics. That really sucks! MetroPCS didn't tell me that when I bought it. I tried to trade it for another one and they would not let me because I had already talked for one hour. That sucks too!

Chris
posted on 15 Nov 2007, 23:25

Love it

I have had it for a couple of days. It is head over heels better than the slice. I have had no problems connecting it to every bluetooth devise I own. It works flawlessly so far.

People say the signal is worse because of antenna position, but the signal strength is just displayed different. for example if there are no bars and just the antenna, you will not drop the call or have the choppy conversation you would have with other phones showing the same signal strength.

I don't like the fact that I can't receive ringtones from a friend and save them as ringtones on the phone. They will save under sounds, but it won't let you set those as ringtones. Lame.

All-in-all, Not bad for $50! just make sure your bluetooth isn't old or had a lot of traffic. A bluetooth with less bumps and bruises will probably work just fine.

Lou
posted on 25 Oct 2007, 20:07

6.6

PCS 1450VM

Bought phone as an upgrade from the Slice. It looked as if it was going to be a great replacement. Had a beatiful screen, a white-lit keyboard, an easy-to-use camera, and quite a few other attributes seldom seen in a prepaid phone. What a disappointment. For openers, the antenna is at the bottom of the phone, touching the palm of your hand and dropping sensitivity to a single bar in an area that, otherwise it would be full strength. The regular Slice has it at the top, so it's a non issue. Then came the Bluetooh issue. It would not recognize my Sanyo SCP 3200 no matter what I did (The Sanyo recognized it, though). I called VM. They said that I would need to buy a bluetooth hands-free from VM, for $39, pair it and then, the phone would recognize my Sanyo. Since I don't like to wear a 'carrot' in my ear, it looked as if I had to buy the device and then return it. There has to be a better way, but VM does not have the answer. I returned the phone. Im sticking to my regular Slice.

Marqui
posted on 23 Sep 2007, 20:49

I recomend it

It's a good phone for what you pay. I like the added buletooth to, but it would be better with a stronger camera. It would be a good starter phone for any child or teenager.