Nokia E71x User Reviews

kslaughter32296
posted on 18 Aug 2011, 00:05 (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)

awesome phone!!!

kslaughter32296 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Have had this phone close to a month like 17-18 days and love it! I got it from my aunt for $20 her husband and her decided smartphones were too smart for them and $20 was too hard to resist! I have had good luck with Nokia since I had my first phone. it can be a bit sluggish, but I don't have to pay for internet (wifi via home networks), I can type with one hand which was IMPOSSIBLE to do with my Flight II. Great music player, fair battery life. great camera and has a flash. Call quality is superb. Mostly metal, and has separate port for usb from charger. I wish it had a 3.5mm jack, but I already had a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter from a previous Nokia (6350) that I had which had been stolen. over all I am happy with the phone. Syncs with my pc with no problems also. I am only 15 but I am a total Technology geek so this is perfect for me. keyboard is slightly small and sometimes has missed keys in typing but other than that, I can type very fast compared to no qwerty. Good sound quality also. And since I bought it from a family member, I didn't have to get a data plan. Love it, rate 5 stars and will recommend. :)

Build quality 10/10 It feels very expensive and wonderful in the hand and has a hole for a strap so I won't drop it. it is a bit heavy so I don't know if a drop would go over so well.
Reception 10/10 I have good reception almost everywhere.
Call quality 10/10 The quality is superb sounds almost like you are talking in person.
Internet 8/10 is sluggish at times and have to get a different browser for tabs. But love the wifi! :)
Multimedia 10/10 Great music player, video and picture.
Camera 10/10 Takes great pics with or without flash.
UI speed 7/10 can be sluggish at times. most of the time fast but it has it's moments.
Everyday usage 10/10 wouldn't use any other phone daily unless I had to. :)
Text input 7/10 pretty good except for txting cannot put in caps lock totally. I can in internet, just not txting.
Display 10/10 absolutely BEAUTIFUL display! XD
Battery 6/10 fair, could be better. maybe my uncle didn't charge it all of the way at the beginning.

Okta Andri Hermawan
posted on 28 Jan 2010, 11:09

Short ringtone

I like this phone. But sometimes slow respon. But overall this good quality Qwerty phone. Strong signal and powerfull qwerty keyboard. But maybe small key make sometimes we ake wrong. Costumize key feature like other Nokia middle end. But i trouble type in all CAPS, that make slowly writing.
Design for American people but work in Indonesia... I love this phone.

Pros

• Strong case
  • Good quality sound and picture
  • Fast internet browsing in all network available (I'm test ini Indonesia)

Cons

• Short ringtonemust be edit
  • In some condition respon slow
  • Not All aplication can use

Garrett
posted on 22 Aug 2009, 12:06

AMAZING

After using blackberry for years this is an amazing change. speed reliabilty and awesome signal strenght. Hands down one of the best smart phones out there

Pros

• SIMBIAN

Cons

• No copy and paste

swa4life
posted on 15 Jul 2009, 21:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)

Awesome Phone!

I like the initial design of the phone, sleek, ultra slim, and seems very durable. The web browser is pretty good, and the apps are also good. However, it does not work with as much apps as its unlocked cousin,  the e71, but that's only because AT&T wants to make some money off you. Apps like Nokia maps apparently work, but I haven't gotten it yet. Nokia maps lets you look at worldwide maps without using data. The push e-mail is also AMAZING, this is my first smartphone, and must say am very impressed.

Pros

• -supports 16gb card
  • -fast email
  • -reception
  • -slim
  • -customizable (ringtones, videos, etc.)
  • -lots of text message space
  • -WIFI

Cons

• -could support more apps and tweaks

Jessica Simmons
posted on 20 Jun 2009, 17:28

A great smartphone.

This is simply one of the best smart phones out there. The internet/applications work fast, the keyboard feels really nice, and it has a wonderful design.

• ease of use
  • applications
  • design
  • keyboard
  • speed

Mo
posted on 15 Jun 2009, 20:35

great phone

its great phone with alot of nice features, the only bad thing about is the volume, not very loud @ all. even when u play music on it, u could barely hear it.

bluedream
posted on 12 Jun 2009, 11:16

Download free games and apps for AT&T Nokia E71x

the Nokia E71x is affordably smartphone, it is an incredible value for business users and consumers looking for a robust messaging. But it seems that GPS initially took a while to find our location , and the keyboard layout is somewhat cramped.
AT&T Nokia E71X free softwares(apps) Download
AT&T Nokia E71x Free Games Download

Pros

• tinny and pretty

Cons

• its keyboard is slightly cramped

Alexander
posted on 30 May 2009, 16:15

A great smartphone.

I been using this phone for about two weeks now and I honestly have only a few complains about it. The biggest thing that annoys me are all the additions to the phone made by At&t; there mostly useless. There are ways to remove the At&t addons from the phone, this link should help you with some of that stuff:
Everything else about this phone is truly great. The battery life is good - I usually charge it every other day or so. I constantly use the internet, email, run applications, and make calls, plus I hardly ever turn off my phone. The camera is good, not great, but still good. The keyboard is very nice, I am able to type up emails with no problem.
My favorite ting about this phone will have to be its design. Its a very sleek and sexy phone that could easily fit into your hand and pocket. It has a nice solid feel to it. The phone is mostly metallic, but still dose not weigh that much.
So if you are looking for a smartphone from At&t, the Nokia E71x is really a good choice.

Pros

• Design (its a very sexy phone), Applications, Speed, Keyboard, Internet, Call Quality, Decent Camera, Battery Life.

Cons

• The At&t additions.

sbmatos
posted on 25 May 2009, 10:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 May 2009)

It is unfurtunate for me that I previously owned the E71 and must now contend with the e71x.  ATT, by taking away some of the original software that came with the E71 and placing its own, crippled the phone.   Unless you have not previously owned the original E71, you have no idea what you are missing.  The only advantage that this E71X has over the E71 is the price.

Pros

• The keyboard is still intact from the original (thank goodness!). It is very slim and confortable in my hands. The 99$ price makes it attractive to buyers.

Cons

• ATT branded software and the inability to use aftermarket symbian software is horrible at best! I had issues with Media Net. It would not work and I was with the service department to tackle this issue. The issue is still not entirely resolved. ATT still has a lot of bugs to work out on this phone. I highly recommend that you wait for ATT to upgrade their software on this phone before buying it.