Nokia 3606 User Reviews

Arron
posted on 05 Aug 2010, 21:25

not impressed

I bought this phone because I liked the multimedia player and was very appreciatve of the play, scan forward/scan backward keys on the front of the phone's flip.  It was very easy cycling through the music stored on it without having to open the phone... HOWEVER... the software is sluggish.  If you have MP3s stored on a memory card, it can be absolutely greuling trying to cycle through them as there's a 3 - 5 second delay between key press and the phone actually doing anything... and has been that way since i took it out of the box.       THe phone is built like a tank... I have dropped it multiple times (accidentally of course) and even dented the front of the flip but it kept on working even when I expected it not to.  Major complaint about the physical design of the phone is the battery cover.  After a year or so of use it tends to fall off unexpectedly.  When dropped on a hard surface (let's face it... all phones should be built to deal with that type of abuse because it's GOING to happen) the phone would tend to fly apart in 3 pieces... the battery cover, the battery and the actual phone.  This was a bit of a hassle when in a hurry, having to collect the pieces and reassemble the phone on the go can be complicated.     This phone is not web friendly at all.  The web pages are cluttered and extremely difficult to navigate and entering information is next to impossible. ...

Pros

• contact list offers many features

Cons

• everything else

delode
posted on 01 Aug 2010, 10:18

HORIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never never ever buy this phone i hasd problems the first time i got it no lie i would try and connect my blutooth and the phone would shut off. i only dropped it once and it was broke . it is to fragile when i first got it it was okay untill i connected after that it was all down hill from that would not suggest it for anyone. only thing is it had some good features

Pros

• ONLY THING IS IT HAD SOME GOOD FEATURES

Cons

• NEVER NEVER EVER BUY THIS PHONE I HASD PROBLEMS THE FIRST TIME I GOT IT NO LIE I WOULD TRY AND CONNECT MY BLUTOOTH AND THE PHONE WOULD SHUT OFF. I ONLY DROPPED IT ONCE AND IT WAS BROKE . IT IS TO FRAGILE WHEN I FIRST GOT IT IT WAS OKAY UNTILL I CONNECTED AFTER THAT IT WAS ALL DOWN HILL FROM THAT WOULD NOT SUGGEST IT FOR ANYONE

brian p
posted on 03 Jun 2010, 11:49

s

worse phone ever both screens go white when talkn on it never dropped it or no damage 2 it always away from work areas and camera doesnt take clear pic just pure junk recomend 2 buy something else like motoralo or samsung anything but tyhis junk

culpster
posted on 03 Jan 2010, 23:51

Bad phone all the way!!.Me and my wife both purchased this little gem at the same time only to have both phones go through the same set of malfunctions at the same time!This phone is fragile, I could understand me breaking mine as I work in a rough workplace but she does not and always keeps her phone in the case.The screens on the phones started going out one week after purchase at the same time.Two phones, same problem, same time, different conditions and owners, thats a bad phone!!!!!

Pros

• small,cheap

Cons

• Weak MP3 functions and turns on in your pocket.Weak internet function.Not sturdy for day to day use.Screen subject to fail!!Outdated clam phone design.

tesnik
posted on 28 Jun 2009, 16:35

Nokia 3606 NOT recomended

I purchased this phone after my 4 year old Motorola v262 was crushed by a 25lb weight damaging the outer mini display, otherwise I would still be using it. The NOKIA 3606 phone only lasted 2 months before I wasn't able to use it. The NOKIA 3606 life ended when I walking around my garage at a slow pace being aware the phone was in my pocket and not to damage it but somehow  I must have bumped something without even noticing and I pull the phone out of my pocket to make a call and the outer mini display is cracked even though it hit 1/3 of an inch below the mini display from a dent I can see .  Whatever I hit it wasn't hard cause I sure would have heard or felt the pressure against my leg. Not to mention that it also had the extra cushioning from my cotton pants. It is a nice looking phone but of poor quality inside and out. If you buy it I STRONGLY RECOMMEND PHONE INSURANCE because it is WEAK which I did not purcahse because my MOTOROLA V262 lasted 4 years and went through ALOT more than the NOKIA!!!!

Pros

• nice looking, clear display, decent battery life, slim, lightweight, comes with some decent features.

Cons

• weak structure, speakerphone distorts, can't hear people sometimes using handset, I come across too loud when using handset, software lags, don't like the feel of the flat one piece keypad, uncomfortable to take a pic with one hand

K. Standley
posted on 20 May 2009, 01:25

Winner of a Phone

This is another winner by Nokia. I generally try new phone makers every year, but this one seems consistent in offering good quality phones. This 3606 model, though, I really like as a phone. It's a winner in my book. Battery never seems to need a re-charge (okay, I'm not so popular where I'm on the phone all day). Priced reasonably compared to some of the gucci style phones,which I don't care for anyway, nor have the muscles needed to carry. Just would be nice to have more choices in colors, but I think I can buy aftermarket covers in an array of colors.

Pros

• perfect size
  • never drops a call
  • price
  • FM radio
  • To-Do function
  • voice recorder

Cons

• need more colors

Ronald J.
posted on 16 May 2009, 23:52

Awesome Phone

Excellent phone.  This model 3606 super easy to use, and has great signal.  Never dropped a call after a couple of months.  People can hear me perfectly, and the volume is more than adequate.  Looks great, too.  Nokia has another hit.

Pros

• Always get good signal
  • Easy to use
  • Great reception
  • MP3
  • FM Radio
  • Great design
  • Feels comfortable in the hand

Jennifer B.
posted on 06 Apr 2009, 18:19

Love this phone

I am not a tech junkie, not a big texter, and love easy to use phones that work, and work well.  I found all this in this Nokia 3606 phone.  It works perfectly in my office, where my old phone had reception problems (no, I won't mention the make).  It's so easy to use, my 5 year old daughter can use it with ease... well, she doesn't know about the music player yet, thank goodness.  I sure she'll figure that out in due time.  She can take pretty good pics, though.
The battery lasts incredibly long.  For a little over a month I've had it, I've only charged it a few times.  I should be more conscious of the life, but it is as good as any phone, if not better I'm sure.
The salesperson was telling me about why this phone is so good, and all of the different frequencies it supports.  It was all greek to me as I'm no techie, and just know it's reliable.
Probably the best thing about the phone I like is the clean look. I can't stand rinky-dink buttons all over the place.  Like I said, I like a good, reliable phone that is easy to use.  It took me a while to decide, and I am sure I made the right decision.  I'd give this phone two thumbs up.

Pros

• Reliable
  • Great reception
  • Easy to use
  • Looks gorgeous

Cons

• Would like to see more colors.