Nokia 1680 classic User ReviewsPost new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 30 Aug 2010, 04:34
We use this phones for working. It's not the best you can get, but got main functions, which I use for working:
Calculator ( which takes up to 4 seconds to load :/ ) and
Calendar.Design 3/10Features 2/10Performance 2/10
- Light & thin
- amm...nothing more
- Slow responsivnes of menu
- Bad quality LCD
- Bad camera quality
- No official support for PC conectivity
- Speaker works like damaged (new phone, tested on 8 phones)
- The back cover to lock up the battery it's in poor condition (you open and close it 10 times, and its not holding on anymore)
- Supports Mp3...but no PC, bluetooth or IR conectivity, so if you want to get an Mp3 on the phone, you have to send it by MMS or Web, which you have to pay for it
- ...better that I stop now...
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 09 Apr 2009, 23:19
when i went out to the mall to get a new phone, i immediately went to the nokia store.i already had my mind set on the nokia 1209, but i thought of taking a look at other models that might catch my eye.so i tried to take a look at the nokia 1650 and 1680 classic. when i first saw this phone, it drove the 1209 right out of my mind.the nokia 1650 didn't appeal to me quite as much, so i decided to get this one.
i've read several reviews about this handset and i have to say most of the comments are negative. i have to agree the phone doesn't have infrared, bluetooth and radio, but as jeffthree mentioned, who would want their phone to replace their iPod, or digicam?
i have something to say about the call quality though;it's not very good.after two weeks with this phone, i got used to it since i get frequent calls from my friends.
the voice recorder can only take up to a minute max;the nokia 6101(my previous phone)can hold up to 5 mins.max.but hey, it;'s not like i'm gonna record a whole inauguration speech or something everyday, right?
i'm not a first-time user, but i can definitely see that this phone still meets my expectations.
Design 8/10Features 7/10Performance 7/10
- quite slim, good overall look
- a good choice for first-time users as it is very user-friendly
- has an expense manager that helps with the budgeting and tracking of the money you spend
- has a web browser
- games are fun(my aunt and brother both love to play with the snake and sudoku games)
- some of the apps take time to open(i've counted and it takes 3 seconds for the canculator to open.)
- slippery in the hands since the back cover feels like the material used to make the 2nd and 4th-gen iPod nano
- the back cover on my unit is quite loose
- only has a VGA camera
- the speakerphone and quality is average, but once you get used to it, it'll be nothing at all.
7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 27 Dec 2008, 14:17
Lacking a decent quality earpiece and handsfree speaker. Very slow menu responses.Design 9/10Features 8/10Performance 6/10
- Forn Factor
- TFT Display
- Very poor earpiece and handsfree speaker quality
6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 26 Oct 2008, 16:46
good because of what its lacking
I really like this phone, but theres nothing special about it. The display isn't very big or detailed, the buttons make that clicking noise (like you get on RAZR phones), it's slow if you open up even the little incuded apps (like the calculator), and it's only got a VGA camera.
Thats said it's still a great phone. Honestly who wants their phone to replace their iPod or their 8.0Megapixel Digital camera? Not me. As long as it can send my idiot friends dumb pics every now and then, O'm happy. Then theres all the good things about it, it doesn't have built-in WiFi or Bluetooth, two of the most vulnerable wireless protocals there are. Honestly, if you want a phone that any jerk with a laptop can highjack please get a phone with bluetooth. Also it doesn't have some crappy email client on it, I dont understand why half the phones out there support email from the txt messenger and then include this wonky email client that can't read 3/4 of the emails it gets anyway. Not only that but even though it's relativly light on features it still takes video, and supports mp3 ringtones.
Oh and lest I forget it even has a mini-USB plug in the side, and it can sync up with your computer if you have the PIM software from nokia.Design 10/10Features 7/10Performance 5/10
- No bluetooth
- No WiFi
- mp3 Ringtones
- amazing battery life
- incredible volume
- slow interface
- clicky buttons
- bizarre menu structure
17 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 12 Jul 2008, 11:09
not happy with the phone it should come 3-4 years back in the market...very very poor design.Design 5/10Features 3/10Sound Quality 2/10Signal Strength 3/10Value for money 5/10
8 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report