Google Nexus S User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Build quality9.1/10Text input8.9/10Everyday usage9/10UI speed9.2/10Camera8.6/10Multimedia8.6/10Internet8.9/10Call quality8.9/10Battery7.9/10Reception8.6/10Display9.3/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 13 Jun 2012, 09:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
farhanh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
i am very glad to have such nice phone. Its a super-fast, quick responsive, good camera quality, great battery life and have great design (light weight).
One of the biggest advantage is that i am really enjoying using android 4.0 on it.Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Every thing perfect according to budget
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 13 May 2012, 14:49 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 May 2012)
My NEXUS S ICS =)
Doberzinecker has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review
I just had an update for my Nexus S to ICS 4.0.4 and the phone is amazing. Faster and more Fluid sliding in the interface. The useless Music player became usefull and the only one I use now. The phone feels like new! I have been changing phones every month for the last 3 years to find a suitable phone for me and Nexus S met my demands.
I love this phone and even if I'm using it for a year.. It still looks new. The successor Nexus Prime is too wide. The nexus S is just right. My thumb doesn't strain.
As a user for one year? I can tell this phone will be at my service for a long time. I think the others that disllike this phone are just looking for an iPhony type of Android phone.
And Please.. if you will install all applications to an Android phone to look like an iPhone do your selves a favor. Just buy an iPhone from the Greedy Apple. = PBuild quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 9/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 9/10Display 10/10Battery 6/10
- Amazing Display (Super AMOLED)
- Solid construction feel despite plastic Materials
- UI (ICS 4.0.4) is Fast!
- Shape Curved Gorilla Glass
- SIZE not as exagerated as the Prime.
- Stock Music Player of Ginger bread is USELESS. Thanks to the update of 4.0.4 ICS
- No card Slot!
posted on 13 Feb 2012, 17:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
japeina has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
I´ve this phone for more than 2 months. I´m satisfied but not altogether.
Good phone for developers. Quick android updates. For average users it takes time to make it fully useful.
The display is the best. Besides the front it makes the phone very attractive.
Is not a phone for a long time, easy to overtake.Build quality 8/10Reception 7/10Call quality 6/10Internet 8/10Multimedia 6/10Camera 7/10UI speed 7/10Everyday usage 7/10Text input 7/10Display 9/10Battery 7/10
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 25 Dec 2011, 04:15
Year of awesome
SounderBruce has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review
I've had the Nexus S for half of its 2-year contract (got it the first day it came out) and only recently started exploring the world of rooting and hacking. I am pleased with the phone, getting the newest OTA updates (including ICS :D) and being able to have a sexy curved glass screen, which doesn't hamper my Angry Birds.Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Newest Android updates for a couple more months (at least)
- Curved glass
- Good sound quality
- Easy-to-use UI
- Good camera
- No SD card expansion slot
posted on 07 Dec 2011, 19:19 (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
JonBjSig has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
I have the i9023 version.
I have very few complaints about this phone, all of which are fairly minor.
The It has no gorilla glass or any other type of strengthened class, the back cover tends to get smudgy and the camera could have been better.
Otherwise the phone is great, the battery lasts through the day if not longer, the screen is amazing.
It can play tegra 2 optimized games with little or no lag.Build quality 9/10Reception 8/10Call quality 9/10Internet 9/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 7/10UI speed 9/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 9/10Display 10/10Battery 8/10
- GREAT display
- Fast processor
- Fast GPU
- Very quick updates.
- No strengthened glass
- Back cover gets smudgy
0 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 01 Dec 2011, 00:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
One of the Best Android Phone
tauseef.iqbal has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
I am using this phone since last 3 months and believe me, it is just one of the best Android Phones.
Pros: Early ICS Update, Great Performance, Flash, Decent Battery Life (better than lot of HTC Phones), Ability to Watch Movies, Great Touch Screen Sensitivity, Sharp Screen with very Bright Colors (Overall screen result is far better than lot of HTC Phones)
Cons: Call Quality could be better, Call Quality On Speaker is horrible, No zoom camera, no notifications led flashing light for missed calls and texts
Build quality 8/10Reception 8/10Call quality 6/10Internet 8/10Multimedia 8/10Camera 7/10UI speed 9/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 8/10Display 9/10Battery 8/10
posted on 24 Sep 2011, 16:12 (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
All smartphones have the same battery :(
samatsmakov1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
I`am using this phone 2 weeks.
and cons is battery, but i know that all smartphones have sample battery for example my brother have samsung galaxy s2, and it has the same battery life.
Some people do not like nexus`s camera (or need camera button), but for me it is made perfect.Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 9/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 7/10
- screen: super amolet
- 4.0 inc. if was biger, it would be difficult to use with 1 hand
- without unnecessary buttons
- wireless reception very fast
- awsome media
- i used iPhone, 100% NEXUS S better !
- no card slot
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 18 Jul 2011, 14:44
owned it for 3 days n returned it for a refund!
pratikchhatani has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Ass wipe phone! no camera button! plastic cracking sound every time u hold it in ur hands tight! slow internet:edge! over power consuming display! bad call quality! Insanely low battery, drains in 6hrs!! Ass wipe phone! no camera button! plastic cracking sound every time u hold it in ur hands tight! slow internet:edge! over power consuming display! bad call quality! Insanely low battery, drains in 6hrs!!Build quality 3/10Reception 5/10Call quality 2/10Internet 2/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 7/10UI speed 5/10Everyday usage 2/10Text input 4/10Display 3/10Battery 1/10
- camerra ok!
- Insanely low battery, drains in 6hrs!
- bad call quality!
- over power consuming display
- slow internet:edge
- plastic cracking sound every time u hold it in ur hands tight
- no camera button
2 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 05 Jul 2011, 19:28
THE IPHONE KILLER HAS COME!!!!
Randyaccess has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
This phone is just pure brilliance,the voice command is superior,the gps is out of this world and the touch control is more accurate than the iphone,i was more thn happy to get rid of my iphone 4 for this gorgeous smart phone,it is lightening fast and the screen is better than a home LCD tv,color is vibrant and the screen is awsome,sorry apple ,but your phone is crap compared to this gem....i love my NEXUS S!!!!!Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Everything about this phone is awsome
- Hell no,aint no complaints,bye bye Iphone 4
5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 25 Apr 2011, 02:52
Google Nexus S
Mandinho6768 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Hi use this phone all is good but have two problems the wifi reception sometime very poor reception and second the battery problem cannot charge full charge 100% only stay in 94% i dont know what happen maybe google need to resolve this problem. But I like so much this phone i like google maybe improve more this nexus S.Build quality 10/10Reception 5/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 8/10Display 10/10Battery 3/10
- Super LCD
- Speedy Ui
- Sleek Design
- Good Camera Results
- NFC Enabled
- High Quality Calls
- Android 2.3(GingerBread)
- no memory card slot
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 26 Mar 2011, 23:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
happy with it
emamian has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
overall a good thing, but expected more from Google. They could have come up with a dual core and 4g compatible since they are always on the edge. It seems somebody should be fired at Mountain view. But overall it is a nice phone to have and I am enjoying it.Build quality 9/10Reception 10/10Call quality 9/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 9/10UI speed 9/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 9/10Display 10/10Battery 9/10
- nice display
- fast internet
- too big in hand
- no camera button
2 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 06 Mar 2011, 10:37
Reviews has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
The new phone comes with the first 4” contour display screen, making your phone a better fit for both talking and holding. As well as the physical design, the phone comes with the Gingerbread platform already pre-installed; the Google Nexus S will be the first phone to run the newest Android OS technology.
http://review.ind.in/GoogleNexusSReview.aspxBuild quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 9/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 8/10UI speed 9/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 9/10
posted on 09 Feb 2011, 22:16 (Posts: 772; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
cheetah2k has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
I've had the NS now for 3 weeks and love it. Its certainly a step up from the Galaxy S which I was not overly impressed with, and the lag is all gone. I ended up buying mine from Best Buy and shipping it to Australia where I'm using it on the Optus network. I was amazed that upon inserting my sim card, it picked up my APN settings straight away without having to manually input them, and I was away.
The only issues i've found is that I tend to get a pinkish haze in the middle of some photos in certain lighting conditions, no 720p video recording and the glass screen isnt Gorilla Glass.Build quality 9/10Reception 9/10Call quality 10/10Internet 8/10Multimedia 8/10Camera 7/10UI speed 9/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 8/10Display 8/10Battery 8/10
- Awesome asthetics
- Vibrant screen with deep blacks
posted on 30 Jan 2011, 11:03
boozys has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
great phone ,using it now foe 2 months,had some problems with the WiFi at home,but the problem was with my router.the screen is clear and sharp,the prozesor is quick.greattt phone.i had befor LG ,the nexus s is a deferent liga.Battery 9/10Display 10/10Text input 10/10Everyday usage 10/10UI speed 10/10Camera 9/10Multimedia 9/10Internet 10/10Call quality 10/10Reception 9/10Build quality 10/10
posted on 17 Jan 2011, 17:56
The Goods and the Bads
talhatr has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
It is definitely too late to be a flagship phone. I love the screen, the responsiveness, battery is not too bad (almost same with my wife's Iphone 4 in both battery and responsiveness wise). I heard that Samsung makes the screens for iPhone anyway...so.
I have bought the phone about a month ago, since than, I am trying to fix it. Finally after installing so much apps from the store it turned into something that I can use. It is still a good iphone alternative and it has the WOW factor among friends... But honestly you are better of with a GALAXY S and pay half the price. Galaxy S will get 2.3 soon anyway. However, I will keep this phone and I will be happy with it. But it seems I like I will keep working on it.Build quality 10/10Reception 6/10Call quality 10/10Internet 8/10Multimedia 3/10Camera 9/10UI speed 9/10Everyday usage 8/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Google Calendar and Tasks sync
- Sync with Google
- Multitasking is PERFECT
- Navigation and Voice controls are amazing, I can send text messages to my wife (if it doesnt do that random thing) is a breeze.
- Camera is good - but the gallery is a bit sluggish
- Text input is awesome. You know how google keeps saying did you mean (and will get it right most of the time).. yeah, android keyboard is exactly like that, will make suggestions and will be very smart.... NICE NICE NICE
- Premium style (depends on taste) and prestige appeal
- At least you are not a POP IPHONE user. Even my grandma has an iPhone. But you are different... (although it is becoming very popular too the android, still you are against the grain)
- I don't know what else is good, to be honest. I am trying very hard here to convince myself that I did not make the wrong choice.
- Wireless reception is always very low
- General wireless connectivity (It seems to be unable to switch to the second best connection option by itself) If no wireless reception and the wireless is on, it will not connect to 3G). Don't forget this device is 90% internet dependent being a pure google. If you don't have internet, it is just a phone but nothing else.
- If you reply to text messages it will send it to people other than you are replying (Completely randomly)
- Call log is corrupted, if you call back it will call back someone randomly not the person you are intending to
- It cannot play youtube or other videos for longer than few minutes, it keeps saying that the video cannot be played. (Either memory issue where cache is filling up fast, or has to do with connectivity)
- It doesn't come with any note pad or something... you can find free ones at the market but still, it is just a note pad... I cannot sync my outlook notes to this device
- It has some software I can see, like the voice recorder (under manage applications) but there no way to access and use these softwares.
- Email attachments take ages to fetch even in fast wireless networks (I was made fun of by my Iphone 4 friends... shamed)
- Bluetooth does not connect to various sound devices.. You will discover this if you google it out. Google is aware but no fix. I had to tweak a lot to get it working.
- Android Market does not have any proper games... like the iphone does. It is not a vital thing but still I would like to see some PES soccer or something.. This platform sells this much but still developers are not making apps for it... I don't understand. Let's say Dominos Pizza has an Iphone app, Westpac Bank has one (I am in Australia by the way), Every one has an Iphone app but now one bothers for android. I think this could be an issue where making software for android is more difficult or something..
8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 10 Jan 2011, 11:50
Great upgrade from EVO!!
Jbholt1982 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
My nexus s screen is significantly brighter than my epic 4g. So the screen has been improved, that’s a plus for the nexus s! PURE GOOGLE 2.3!The micro SD is a lame reason not to like this phone, I am getting 23mbs per second read on internal sdcard, my class 10 SD does not come close. Also the notification light is a bummer, but really? The bestselling phone in America, does not have a notification light. (iPhone). I love the nexus s, screen is so vibrant and glass is smooth as silk! :) (btw I did the scratch test with my keys, all good)Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Screen, speed, size, and pure google!
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 06 Jan 2011, 17:36
Only 16GB hard-wired memory? No 32GB? Why the hell?
Spectoral has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Why would Google make a phone for Phonephiles / Gadgetfreaks / Early adopters, and limit it to 16GB? I specifically held out upgrading to the iPhone until the 3GS came out with 32GB two years ago... because I carry around a lot of music and video. What kind of users do you think want to own a Nexus S??? Besides, we now have 64GB Flash memory at the same size and price of what 32GB was two years ago. There is absolutely no excuse. Deal breaker.Build quality 8/10Reception 7/10Call quality 8/10Internet 8/10Multimedia 2/10Camera 6/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 9/10Battery 8/10
- Noise cancellation within calls
- Drag and drop music and files with no restrictions
- Fully customisable unlike iPhone
- Reportedly better reception (slightly)
- 16GB limit, are you kidding? We have 64GB flash drives now for the price of a 32GB two years ago, it's 2011.
- 5MP camera, joke of a LED for a flash
5 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 02 Jan 2011, 10:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Jan 2011)
PhoneGeek has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
I had this phone for 3 weeks now and am so glad I choose this over iPhone. Because this phone came out in USA first I chance to see the reviews over the internet and not one of 14 reviews I read or watched could find anything bad about this phone and once i bought the phone, I realised they where all right. the only down side is lack of memory card slot which is no problem for me because of the 16GB inbuilt memory. Overall this phone is great and I would recommended it.Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 9/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 9/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Super AMOLED Screen
- Speedy UI
- Sleek design
- Good camera results
- NFC Enabled
- High quality calls
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- No memory card slot
3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report