Motorola W315 User Reviews

posted on 17 Apr 2009, 12:47

Decent Basic Phone

This phone is absolutely unexciting.  It does very little other than act as a phone for calling people.  But if that is what you want, a phone and not an mp3 player or whatever it is pretty good.  I have had mine for almost 2 years and the battery life is still pretty good.  When I stay in my home area i can go a week without charging it.  Plus with Motorola phone tools you can sync it with your computer and put your calendar and your contacts on it off of microsoft outlook.  So overall it isn't a bad phone.

Pros

• good battery life
  • is a good phone to call people on
  • works with phone tools to update contacts and dates
  • reliable

Cons

• no real features beyond the basic basics

dtungate
posted on 06 Feb 2009, 11:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Feb 2009)

Ok, but now great!

This phone is okay. The battery life for me is about one day. The signal goes in and out, and its not my carries fault. This phone would be okay for students, and seniors. Since it is easy to use.

Pros

• Works Well

Cons

• No Camera
  • No Personal Ringtones

RowanAidan
posted on 26 Dec 2008, 10:22

Fanastic

I adore this phone, very much. My battery life is fanastic, it lasts even with texting all day and talking on the phone for about 2-3 days. if you had a problem with battery life it may be because you charged your phone immediately when recieved, you must let it almost die then charge it fully. EASY TEXTING, basic, looks like a pebl; Needs more features though, possibly more backgrounds, and a camera added

posted on 27 Mar 2008, 10:30

3.2

battery life is horrible! I can only stay on the phone for about 15mins before it dies. I hate it!

posted on 28 Dec 2007, 14:31

good

i have had this phone for over a year, and the only thing that i had a problem with is that i had to bye a new charger. i dont like that it dont have a camera but oh well. it is very easy to use. I would recomind it to the older people that are looking for a phone just to make calls on nothing else. i like it!! but i am upgrading!!

Delilah
posted on 23 Sep 2007, 14:35

5.2

GREAT BASIC PHONE

This is a decent phone. The battery life was ok, but i could barely get any signal. it looks cool, kinda like a pebl. This phone was too basic for me. It didn't have enough features. I would reccommend this phone but only if u want a basic phone that u won't use too often.

Bobby
posted on 18 Sep 2007, 12:19

Nice Phone

This Phone was very easy for me to use and customize.i love the speaker phone,the features are what i need.good for a first phone for those of us who are cell phone-phobic.all in all i am happy with it.

Matt
posted on 12 May 2007, 15:48

3.6

Bad Phone

This phone is terrible! The menu's are confusing and battery life is horrible. It wont even hold a charge for a day. Software went haywire on it about 2 weeks before i could upgrade. It often turned on and off by itself for no reason. Stay away from this phone!!

Andrew Udelhoven
posted on 15 Mar 2007, 23:46

3.6

The Phone is Lacking in its Capabilities

I bought this phone as my first cellular phone and I would have to say that it is very hard to find hacks for it on the internet or through any other means; it is way different than the hack friendly Nokias.

Oscar
posted on 07 Mar 2007, 18:12

A great "back to basics" phone

Purchased two W315 phones through Alltel (buy one get one free). Knew in advance that it was a basic phone, and I was glad. I was a Nextel subscriber prior to this (too expensive for non-business user), and had a really neat (but expensive) i580 phone.

All I do is talk on my cell phone. I'm not a fan of text messaging, cameras on phones, and MP3 on phones. The W315 is as basic as they come, but with an appearance that resembles the PEBL. Alltel only offers the W315 in a deep maroon-ish color, which is nice, but I''d rather have basic black (which Verizon now offers). Dropped calls are virtually non-existent (more network than phone), and the phone's standby time is very good (almost two full days without charging). Battery life while on calls is comparable to similar phones, which is very good. The speaker phone is loud as well (although not Nextel loud).

For techies, the W315 is definitely not for you. I do wish that I could "hack" the W315 so I can upload photos onto the phone (which I can't do even with the CD software & data cable), but I can do without.

If all you want is a basic phone without bells and whistles that you won't use or are willing to pay additional for, take a look at the Motorola W315.

girlmountaineer
posted on 17 Jan 2007, 23:43

W315 Great Phone

Bought 4 of these for our contract

Pros-Everything= great price, great reception for a rural area, attractive,

Con-the speakerphone button on the side (hands hit it and turn it on accidentally)

We are not disappointed at all. Motorola is a great phone in general!