Motorola W175 User Reviews

sefanaia
posted on 05 Jul 2012, 19:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)

UNLOCKING fone

sefanaia has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have the fone and IM in FIJI when i put in Fiji SIM its say SIM LOCK no one can unlock it please can it be used hia or do you have a solution anyone

I like the fone its very handy slim easy to carry not fancy no camera ... nothing of the ordinary

galapaogs
posted on 28 Sep 2010, 13:05

Looking at this one

This phone is just what i need.  I recently checked this phone out at the store.  I have been looking for a phone with tracfone for quite some time.  I hear Tracfone offers some of the best rates out there in the phone arena.  I am not one of those types that needs a real crazy phone with excessive features.  I am one of those people that would rather have a nice working phone with great coverage reception and service.  From what I understand this may be the ideal phone for me.

Kara Clay
posted on 16 Sep 2010, 15:24

Super basic, but good for what it is.

This phone is super basic, and has none of those fancy features that make phones fun, but it is a decent, reliable phone if you just need something to talk and text on.  I've had it for about a year, and haven't had any real problems with it, except for the fact that the plastic buttons of the menu key and the directional keys around it broke off on mine.  It's still completely usable, I can still use those buttons, but it makes the phone really ugly.  Besides that, however, it's a good sturdy little phone.This phone can't go on the internet, or download custom ringtones or wallpapers or anything, so you're stuck with what comes on the phone, none of which is very good.   The games that come with the phone aren't very interesting, and again there's no way to download new ones.It does have some very basic, but nice to have, features, including speakerphone, calendar, alarm clock, etc.The reception on this phone is generally very good, and the call quality is decent.  The keypad is pretty easy to text on, as long as you don't mind not having a full keyboard.This phone is definitely worth the $10 I spent on it, and if you are on a tight budget or just don't need a feature-fillled phone, I totally recommend it.

carl staelens
posted on 22 Jul 2010, 00:58

Motorola W175g

I am on SSI Disability and I needed a cell phone to call a disability transport service after medical appointments,

My sister sent me an e-mail about the Safe Link program,

I applied on line and was approved within 15 minutes.

I applied on a Monday and received the package in the mail,Friday afternoon.

If you receive SSI,Food Stamps or any kind of government assistance,then you can apply at www.SafeLink.com
or call 1-800-378-1684.

Carl Staelens
West Allis,Wi

Pros

• Simple to use,great starter phone

Cons

• No Bluetooth

Krista
posted on 14 Jun 2010, 22:32

For a tracfone, its great, and the best tracfone I've ever had. reading the other reviews I dont think they read the box the phones come in because they state what comes with the phone. If they wanted a camera phone, they should have made sure it was one. I have had no problems with this phone, and the battery lasts me a week.

Britton
posted on 13 Jul 2009, 03:19

Reply to review

Its a decent phone for making and receiving calls. If your in to fancy PDA or flip phones for the "look" then its not for you.

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Simple but colorful interface
  • Sleek Design
  • Lightweight
  • Has a phonebook/calculator
  • It's prepaid so its easier on the wallet

Cons

• Not connectible to a computer via USB port
  • Can not receive picture attachments in the text messages
  • Has worthless games on it (would delete them if I could)
  • Its not Unlockable
  • Unable to add custom pictures/ringtones (stuck with factory crap)
  • Its a fingerprint magnet

JJ Lochman
posted on 17 May 2009, 14:40

I got my phone for FREE !!!

Motorola W175
great phone for the price ........ FREE !!!  I am a TN state resident and i am on disabillaty because of my heart ... i recently read in the newspaper about a free government program that offers a FREE cell phone to  people on disability as well as senior citizens (65 plus) in many states.  not only did i get a the phone for free but i also get free 70 minutes of air time every month which is automaticly put on my phone on the 1st of each month. plus i can buy extra minutes for it if i need it from walmart /tracphone......
the company is called SAFELINK and i thought is was some kind of trick or scam at first and i was a little skeptical.  i went to their website and filled out my name and address and my S.S. number and in 10 minutes i was approved ...... i did this last monday and on friday i had a little brown box in my mail box containing this little tiny black cell phone......i popped the battery in it and it was ready to go.....
i am 39 , poor , broke and disabled and it was the nicest and best thing that has happened to me in a long time ... i live in a rural area in TN and i have heart disease... i will feel secure having this cell phone in case i have another heart attack and i need help.  and i plan to put my address on my out going voice mail message in case i dial 911 while having a heart attack and i lose conciousness and cant talk...... *please remember this if you live alone and have heart issues or even issues to medications...

Pros

• the phone works .... it makes and receives calls....
  • it works in the mountains / knoxville area well.... except 13 curves
  • FREE if your disabled and/or a senior citizen....
  • Plus FREE 70 minutes per month/ every month....

Cons

• youngsters will probably steal their retired grandparents social security numbers and have the free phone sent to them and they will use it for themselves....

MaryR1951
posted on 07 May 2009, 14:30

2.3

Awful

I had a Nokia track phone for several years and it finally conked out on me. Got this one. It won't hold a charge (not even 24 hours), the numbers are so small its difficult to dial also keypad does not respond well. I have to press the menu * many times to lock the keypad. Most times it doesn't work. I don't care about extra features. All I want is a phone that works in emergencies. This is not the one.  DON'T BUY THIS

Will
posted on 21 Feb 2009, 21:00

Poor battery life

My Nokia was getting several years old and I decided to replace it with this. I don't need any bells or whistles, just a phone that works. User menu works well. Phone sounds great. Small in size, easy to carry around. Horrible battery life. Only 2-3 days battery life on standby. Not good for camping or carrying around as an emergency phone. Only had it one week and it let me down big time today (battery died). My old Nokia, never let me down in the three years I had her. I don't have much invested in this phone, I'll probably switch to something else. My third Motorola, my third bad experience with the brand.

Pros

• Simple menu system
  • Light weight
  • Good reception
  • Cheap

Cons

• Short on battery life

zang
posted on 30 Jan 2009, 02:59

Awesome

Could not have been happier with this phone....it lacks all the stuff the make people worship phones that break the bank but gets the job done...i owned one the first cell phones from moto and to get this little thing for the price it crazy cool

Pros

Cons

• no volume keys on side

Tanya
posted on 24 Jan 2009, 08:55

2.3

wack phone

Ths phone is so cheap you can't download any pics, screensavers , or ring tones. it cant take pics or do anthing extra. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS WACK GRANDMA PHONE.

zaza
posted on 09 Jan 2009, 16:38

not a great phone.

i bought this phone for battery life. It worked fine for the first 2 weeks, ca. 7 days until it needed recharge. Now, after 4 weeks of usage i need to recharge it every 2 days. And the usage is the same. I'll try contacting customer care, but i doubt they will change the phone or the battery.
I cannot connect it to the computer because i can't  find a driver for it. The phone is not supported even on motorola website. Try looking for w175 on their site and see what you get! It seems it is so low cost, that it doesn't even have a webpage.
There is of course a software which should include this driver. it's called MPT, motorola phone tools. For this of course you have to pay. So if you need a driver for your phone, you can buy one, of course! Thank you motorola for being so kind and selling drivers for your cheap phones!
I tried to use another charger (USB mini B type) same as original charger. It doesn't charge. Seems the original charger  has some resitors between pin 4 and pin 1 of the charger. So if you go somewhere and you're battery is empty and you find an usb to plugin, you cannot charge the phone. Thank you again motorola, for making our lives easier!
The ringtones included are all crappy. They sound like hell. I tried to make my own ringtone (it has this option), i randomly pressed some keys and made a ringtone... and even that ringtone sounds better than the default ringtones.
When the battery is near empty it makes a sound every two minutes. There is no...

posted on 08 Nov 2008, 21:53

Good phone! Nice design (out of ordinary low end phones from other brands) Large phone list. Exellent speaker sound. Soft keys press hard for big thumbs. Auto on/off. Battery is ok, charge twice a week for normal use. For those who don't know how to type capital letter: just type the letter you want and then when the letter is still highlighted, press the 0 key (center key of bottom line, there 's an arrow up sign on it). Do the same to turn back to normal letter.

posted on 22 Sep 2008, 15:51

Not a bad phone.  Like the speaker phone feature.  Wish it had the "find" feature in it's phonebook.  Wish the phonebook displayed two lines regarding name entry.  Wish the locations which sold this phone, also sold the accories kits . . had to separately order to get vehicle charger.

Pros

• speaker, vibrate alert,

Cons

• lack of "find" feature in phonebook, lack of two lines for reading name entries in phonebook

Laura
posted on 07 Aug 2008, 10:29

Great phone!!! i don't like the ringtones included....anyway it's a really good phone with a good batery as well :)

Cydney
posted on 06 Aug 2008, 14:15

great phone!!

very good phone.....ummm i got it at 7-11 for 9.99 and it works great for the price but i wish it had more features like bluetooth and internet because now u can't talk on the phone and drive so i need a bluetooth compatible phone.....but other than that it's a pretty good phone!!!!

posted on 16 Jun 2008, 11:20