Motorola VE465 User Reviews

Jipsy
posted on 06 May 2011, 13:31

Help

Jipsy has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I really like the durability of the phone as the buttons are desinged not allow dust in and it's made out of thicker/heavier plastic then most cells are, which is really a pro for me as I am a carpenter (and overall a bit of a rough guy.) :)

The buttons on the left to adjust the volume have quit working though, is there anyway I can still change the ringer volume? Maybe in settings or something? Your response is much appreciated!

Pros

• Tough
  • dust proof keypad

Cons

• battery needs to be re-installed every so often
  • restarts sometimes when texting

Nancy Gragg
posted on 18 Jun 2010, 13:32

Review's didn't pan out

I am on a prepaid plan and I wanted camera and video - so I bought the VE465.  Came home and read the reviews (wrong way to do things) and I was sick.  I went through and wrote down the things that the reviewers  said were the cons and took the list in to my provider - wanting to change phones.  Since I don't text, I left those out.  The two most frequent complaints were dropped calls and having to take the battery out and reinstall.  As I suspected, and verified with my provider, dropped calls are not a problem of the phone, but of the provider.  It took a little longer to learn that the battery needing to be taken out and put back in was also a provider problem.  The provider had done something which has that effect on some phones.  Finally it was recognized and they e-mailed someone to "fix" my phone. The first time it didn't work, but after they did it the second time, I have had no problems with it.  Another problem mentioned was not being able to hear.  I had that once.  I was holding the phone wrong, corrected that and now there are no problems.  The only problems I am having are getting used to a new service provider.  It's a very good phone.  I like the flip top because it protects the keys and and I don't hit numbers by mistake.  It also has a feature that can lock the side keys so you won't accidently change the master volume.  The picture taking has some drawbacks in that you have...

Pros

• You can take pictures and video. Flip top protects the keys. Easy to use. Good reception. You can freeze the keys on the outside so you don't change them accidently

Cons

• It's ugly and grayish/black.

Terrible Phone
posted on 02 Mar 2010, 11:23

WORST PHONE I HAVE EVER OWNED

I have never seen a worse phone.  This phone is terrible for those who want to text message.  If you recieve a message while you are in the middle of typing one, it either erases all you have typed or sends it to drafts.  Occasionally it will freeze.  Deleting your inbox/outbox takes about 5 minutes, during which the phone locks and you cannot use it.  It drops calls on a regular basis.  The side buttons also randomly activate, causing the phone to loudly speak "Please say a command.  Please say a command.  Please say a command."  This is very annoying in classes or at the workplace.  Now that the razor is outdated, I will never buy a moterola again.  I am stuck with this one for another year and a half.

Pros

• durable

Cons

• slow to perform any function
  • texting is slow when it works
  • drops calls
  • randomly speaks out loud, even with volume muted

A.B.
posted on 05 Jan 2010, 14:20

Worst phone I have ever owned.  Freezes, drops calls, counts time as if connected when you can't hear the other party and they can't hear you.  It ran a large bill up for me by doing this and no one seems to care at the phone store.  Buyer beware!

Corky Mcgurk
posted on 26 Aug 2009, 12:38

great phone

This is a great phone. I live in the high desert in North Arizona, way out in the middle of nowhere. I have never had a dropped call here. There is dust on top of dust because we get 10 days of rain a year. With this phone I do not have to worry about it failing because of dust like 5 others. I live at 4,000 ft and am constantly up at 9,500 feet. No problems like with my other phones. The Arizona Sun is intense. I can leave the phone in the sun and it works, not like others.  I ran over it with the F250 4X4, camper in bed, storage rack on back with half a ton on it.  No problems!!
Now if they could make the same only waterproof that would be wonderful!

Pros

• no Dust, altitude,Sun's radiation, or shock problems Full featured phone!

buckwheat
posted on 21 Aug 2009, 18:48

2.3

Motorola VE465 JUNK

This phone sucks! I have had more dropped calls than with all my other phones! A fair amount of the time when I try to answer a call it is dropped before I can answer it. The signal is never adequate even when I'm within a mile of my provider's tower.
I don't give a crap about taking pictures, texting, mp3 player, I just want to be able to make a phone call!
I've never had a phone this bad and I will never buy another motorola!

Pros

Cons

• drops calls constantly
  • needs frequent hard reset (remove battery)
  • does not roam well from tower to tower
  • menus are hard to navigate
  • short battery life
  • buttons on side get in the way
  • call waiting cuts into current call
  • expensive

Terry12345
posted on 15 Aug 2009, 16:14

Terry

Tihs phone is garbage. I brought my first one in because it froze all the time, only to find out that the second one did the same thing. It will often just go completely white screened, making you take out the battery before it will restart. I have missed a few important calls due to this. This phone would be great if it actually worked.

posted on 14 Aug 2009, 12:42

tough phone

This is a good all around phone. It has about two bars better at any area the the original razr (the best one). It is very durable. I have dropped it a lot and even thrown it to see how tough it is. My dad, me and my cousin all have one.  It front screen does not break like Razrs. I was kicked dircectly in my phone by a 1300 lb. steer and it is still intact. My cousin dropped is in a diesel tank and it is still working. My occasionly freezes up but it quickly passes. The other two have not done this. It will not work with a Tom Tom Go.

posted on 10 Aug 2009, 17:08

Worst Motorola I've owned

- manual says that front mute button is supposed to put phone into vibrate mode and it actually puts it into silent mode which I almost never use. So, you have to open it up and use the volume keys to get it into vibrate mode.- randomly powers itself off- freezes and battery must be removed to get it going again- music player (Telus) freezes and phone needs to be power cycled to work again- volume starts out nice and high then will randomly go to a lower volume and stay at that volume until phone is power cycled- randomly loses all setup bluetooth devices (crappy when you a call in the vehicle and your phone no longer connects to the vehicle)- incoming calls will sometimes appear to connect, timer will be counting and the "connect beep" option will beep that it's connected, but the phone sounds dead and neither party can hear one another (to the person calling it appears that the phone has just quit ringing) - this happens on outgoing calls sometimes as well- we looked at 8 of these and EVERY one had a crooked front display. We picked the two that were the least crooked.- this is my 4th VE465 as I experienced some or all of these issues with each one over a period of a couple months. My husband has one as well with the same issues.

Pros

• easy access to turn bluetooth on/off

Cons

• this phone has some REALLY buggy firmware and shouldn't have been released with firmware this poor

Heather Preston
posted on 30 Jul 2009, 07:19

Motorola Frost....Not the best

I've had this phone for about 3 months and it's already been replaced once after only month and this one is doing the samething that the first one did. It restarts itself all the time, the front screen freezes all the time on the alltel logo, the clock on the front screen freezes (it'll say 6:30pm when it's really later), none of my apps work half the time and it gets scratched really easy. as soon as I get the money I plan on getting a new one!

Pros

• Nice Design
  • Mp3 player sounds good
  • Camera is good

Cons

• Everything freezes
  • Apps don't work
  • Scratches easy

posted on 15 Jul 2009, 12:43

ive had this phone for 3 months now and since the day i got it it shuts itself off atleast 10 times a day to where i have to take the battery out of it... and when the inbox starts to get full it doesnt play your full ringtone and itll stop you from receiving texts when someone sends them.. i get 3 to 4 texts at the same time from people like an hour after they sent it.. and like the other person said you cant use the music you download as ringtones. im def not a fan of this phone at all. i will be getting a new one soon.

Teri
posted on 23 May 2009, 10:08

Motorola VE465

I just had to replace my KRAZR with the motorola VE465 and like the phone but liked the fact on my KRAZR i could download songs and use them for ringtones. With the VE465 you cannot do this. Doesnt have a good selection of ringtones either. These ringtones have benn around for 15 years or so! Thinking about taking it back and getting a LG BANTER.

Pros

• Easy menu access.
  • Great display.

Cons

• Talk time kinda short.
  • Standby is ok.
  • Cannot use downloaded songs for ringtones!

countryboy
posted on 03 May 2009, 21:08

moto ve 465

i have had this phone for about a month now and i really do like it. it has all the features that the more expensive phones have, also the texture of the phone is really nice it seems to help protect against scraps and scuffs. i would definatly recommend this phone to anyone who dosent want to spend a great deal of money on a phone but still wants one that has all the features and looks cool as well

Pros

• an all around affordable phone that looks great and has lots of features

Cons

• i havent found any thing bad about it yet