Motorola V190 User Reviews

panajoe
posted on 30 Nov 2010, 11:23

Simple = good

panajoe has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I really like this simple phone. It doesn't do anything except make calls. The battery life is great >11 hours of talk time. Sturdy, I have dropped this numerous times, used in sub-zero conditions, very hot conditions, humid, dry.... Nothing phases this phone. It doe have a weird shut off every once in a while. The OS is crude at best. I have not missed the camera it doesn't have. I wish it was a candybar shape so it would be a better pocket phone. Alas, I am switching carriers and this phone won't work on the new carrier. I can't find a viable replacement. What is wrong with the cell phone developers? Why can't they make a reliable, easy, simple, tough, small cell phone with good reception, good call clarity and good battery life? It seems like the developers spend too much time on the bells and whistles and the actual function of the phone is an afterthought. I don't think I am alone in wanting a GOOD phone that is simple and sturdy to just make calls on.

Build quality 9/10 sturdy
Internet 10/10 never used.
Multimedia 10/10 never used. I don't know or care what this is.
Camera 10/10 no camera, so it is great!
UI speed 10/10 What is this? Who cares?
Text input 10/10 I used this for phone calls.
Display 9/10 it shows the phone numbers, that's all I care about.
Battery 10/10 >11 hours of talk time! Try to get that in a new phone.

Pros

• battery life, simple use

Cons

• too cylindrical of a shape. Please make more candybar phones!!!!