Motorola RIZR Z3 User Reviews

SGH
posted on 11 Aug 2011, 05:05

American piece of ()

SGH has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i have had this phone for 4 years , after 2th year it started to collapse ,buttons fell and i needed to glue them again , also it has terrible battery after,rubber facing started to wear off and phone looked terrible ,and also it is a very thick phone .
But nevertheless it has pretty good 2mp camera , and lot of personalising options quite interesting design , so all in all it is quite a good phone ,has interesting voice command options ,but for those who prefer quality i recommend to buy nokia , as motorala is a low quality american product .

Pros

• quite good camera
  • lots of interesting options
  • extraordinary design
  • quite nice if you like big phones .

Cons

• no radio
  • low build quality
  • terrible battery
  • thick and heavy

Will Russell
posted on 30 Dec 2008, 09:35

Not the best

I got this phone to replace my Razr. I would definitely get a razr now if given the choice. For one, it has an akward design. narrow but very tall. Feels weird in you pocket. Thick, very thick, when i have it in my loose fitting jeans front pocket it unlockes itself and starts hittting buttons its so tight in the pocket. Texting, when using t9 an average speed typist will out type the phone. It is very laggy in that matter. Apps, they suck, straight up. Restarting, It does it all the time, after a year... Durability. Personally, i hate my phone. But, this is the most durable phone you will ever get. Ive dropped mine in glasses of water, still works like a charm. I've chucked it across hardwood floors, parking lots, down stairs, out 2nd story windows, across baseball fields, I've pitched it like a baseball to an awaiting batter who smacked the crap out of it with the metal bat. Yet, through all of this, this phone has never broken. Bottom line, poor performance, but this thing will not give up, it is insanely durable

Pros

• Insanely durable
  • Bottom Line:
  • Nothing

Cons

• Slow
  • bulky
  • laggy
  • restarts randomly
  • apps
  • music player
  • Bottom Line:

Shim
posted on 17 Sep 2008, 14:21

Solid phone

I got this phone in July 2007, and used it for about a year, until upgrading to another Moto phone. I was very impressed with how durable this phone was, and how solid it felt. It was a nice change from the SGH-T619 I previously owned. Compared to other T-Mobile phones I owned, this phone had above-average battery life, and great reception, and good call quality. The screen was very sharp and bright as well. The camera produced good quality images, and the flash was bright.
The only gripe I had with the phone is that it does not work very well with 3rd party apps that need to use the internet. For example, Google Maps and Opera Mini had to ask to use permission to use the internet every time it needed to, and there was no option to allow it permanent access. I realize it's a security feature, but still very annoying.

Pros

• Durability
  • Reception
  • Voice quality
  • Good camera with bright flash

Cons

• Does not play well with 3rd party apps

Sauce
posted on 11 Sep 2008, 18:47

Year-In-Review

Well, I have had this phone for over a year now and I must say if anything stands out with this phone, it is definatly its durability.  I got this phone unlocked and I used it with ATT.  For the most part, the network adapts to the phone however I had to go through an extensive reconfiguring of the messaging and webrowser settings in order to get MMS and the mobile web working.  The camera is EXCELLENT for a 2.0 MPX and it takes incredible 1600x1050 res pictures that look great on your PC.  The phone does have some lag issues however-- texting can sometimes become a lag fest.  The software that comes with it is very versitile and when you plug your phone into your computer, a mini version pops up on your desktop.  You can actually make calls and recieve text messages from this mini phone.  The media features get right to the point-- It comes preloaded with a JAVA Digital Music Player-- something that is alright-- I just prefer to play music straight from the media folder-- I have an iPod so it seems like a waste of battery to play from your phone.
Unfortunatly some google apps are not yet compatable with the phone.  I did manage to get Gmail and GoogleMaps on the phone.  The Gmail works perfectly and it is great to check on emails.  Google maps works great too however I uninstalled it accidently and when I went back to google (which is a preloaded icon on the phone) it said that GoogleMaps was not available for my device-- (Previously...

Pros

• -Exceptional durability
  • -Excellent Camera Quality
  • -Good solid feel
  • -Very customizable
  • -Great Applications (google)
  • -Good all around phone-- it doesn't take a genius to use this phone
  • -Versatile Bluetooth functions

Cons

• -Laggy Interface (at times)
  • -Middle button gone, battery failure (I think this may just pertain to me but worth mentioning)
  • -Initial customization to work with ATT (took 10 min at most of websurfing and forum browsing on ATT to get the right configuration for MMS-- you might just be able to go into ATT and they can fix it for you)
  • -Sub-par Voice activation

celph
posted on 08 Aug 2008, 15:12

4.2

T-Mobile still offers this defective Motorola RIZR Z3

T-Mobile offers this Motorola RIZR Z3 which has known issues of turning off during calls, taking photos or any other functions.

T-Mobile has known this phone issue for over 2 years yet keep offering this bad phone to public.

T-Mobile has replaced this phone for me 7 times and I have been changed each $9.99+tax for shipping. Yet problem remains.

Kellie
posted on 04 Jul 2008, 14:38

Love at first use.

I got this phone after having many problems with a Nokia 5300. I used it one time and fell in love with it. What I love most about it is that you have something to put your finger on when you open it because I was always afraid that I was going to break the screen on the Nokia that I had. The other thing that I love about the phone is that it has some weight to it. I don't feel like I'm going to break it. The colors on the phone, (blue, pink) are not something that you'll grow tired of, I like the fact that its not a baby blue or pink because neither of those colors are really my style. One ofthe best features on the phone is the Motorola based music player to it. I had to get a bigger memory card for it because I use it so much.

I do have 2 complaints: The back is really hard to get off if you don't have any fingernails like I do and that after a while the usb port on the phone quit reading the cable when I hooked it up.

G
posted on 03 Jul 2008, 13:40

Reception issues

This phone is a slick phone in a great little package. It is great at everything, except actually being a phone. I have had it over a year, and even sitting on a desk at home or the office it will frequently go to "searching for signal" I often get the alert for a voicemail when the phone did not ring and does not show a missed call. First T-mobile replaced the battery, then teh phone when I continued to complain. I returned the first RIZR I got to TMO and the one they sent me back worked better for about 2 months, then for the last 10 seems to do the same thing.

celph
posted on 06 May 2008, 12:30

TMobile Motorola Z3 turns OFF itself while talking, taking a photo, video or checking messages.

Pros: There are NO Pros
Cons: There are Many Cons

Same issues here after 3 phone replacements by T-Mobile Motorizer Z3
Also I thought I was the only one having issues with Z3 Phone but not, check out Motorola RIZR Z3 forum at http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/search.php?q=Motorola+RIZR+Z3

It will also reboot while just sitting idle.

Jessi
posted on 24 Feb 2008, 13:42

A Nice Phone

Before this phone I had a simple no camera, flip, bulky cell phone. To go from that to this was like watching the Wizard of Oz in theatres the year it came out. My friend and I were picking out our dream phones for months and this was always on the top of my list. Finally for my birthday I got it! The camera has excellent quality, the rose color isn't a baby pink and won't be easily outgrown, and the ability to connect the phone to my computer via USB awed me for months! At that time, I was unable to text because of parental units and the costs. However, for Christmas, I received the gift of the ability to text. This is where I first found my problem. When you really get good at using the numeric keypad to text, you type pretty fast. You can tell that the letters were coming to the screen a little slower than the speed at which you text. It doesn't sound like a big problem, because it isn't, but it can be somewhat irritating and it can screw you up when you type. Similarly, the buttons do have a second delay when you open up the menu and other applications. Another problem I have found is that after sliding it all the time, you start to feel the front part become a little loose; almost like a loose tooth, kinda. One thing I was kinda dissapointed with was the music player. It wouldn't recognize any itunes files, so I couldn't download any of my itunes-bought music. But music files from CDs would open and play. I can't give any advice about the IM or internet programs, but I can...

Michael Cabasa
posted on 27 Dec 2007, 14:39

Help

Hey guys i need ur help. this is a good phone and all but the phone slider is kinda loose. Anyway i can fix it?

gHHRE
posted on 27 Dec 2007, 00:05

Sweet

This phone is absolutely amazing. When i bought it unlocked on eBay, i literally forgot about my iphone. i gave my iphone to my friend as a Christmas present and i now use this phone. It is literally amazing and should be bought and used.

Brent
posted on 22 Oct 2007, 19:13

RIZR Guru

I switched about 2 months ago to this RIZR from having Samsung's (r225 and t629) for the past 6 years. the send button started acting up about a week ago, so I sent for a warranty replacement... Asthetically, this phone is very nice, but in typical Motorola fashion, the processor cannot keep up with the key strikes when in a hurry... Samsung processor could keep up without stuttering or stumbling... The 2mp camera is GREAT as is the bright xenon flash, and the screen is VERY good as far as image quality. For a phone it's size the Z3 is a tad bulky, but not enough to mark any points off... in short, the phone is good, but I will be going back to Samsung in the form of the u600 shortly... hope this was helpful!

elaine
posted on 13 Oct 2007, 20:57

probably the best phone i ever had

pros -
good battery life
2 music players
camera
speakerphone
bluetooth
sleek

cons -
not much except i drop my call sometimes. and the center button is starting to come off. also the firmware is a bit slow. and it can get frozen sometimes.

otherwise its full of features. and it only cost 99 $ from t - mobile

someone
posted on 13 Oct 2007, 20:52

awesome-est phone ever.

i had the rose one from tmobile for about 3 months. its pretty awesome. has a camera with light and video, a music player, speaker phone , and bluetooth. plus a long battery life. those are my necessities and theyr met and with an awesome design . i get lots of comments on it.

rap
posted on 20 Sep 2007, 09:40

its worth it

i still dont hav d fone but its very cute i think. juz looking at the features, i was amazed. i definitely recomend dis fone to everyone. nxt wk im gonna buy dis fone and im pretty sure that il be satisfied. good job moto for making dis fone!

Keriesa
posted on 30 Aug 2007, 01:31

Lovvvvvvvvvvvve itttttt

omgosh i jus love da fone......and i dont even have it YET.....but its like a must get fone...and i have da sidekick at diz current time and its like soo wack and boring butttttttt lookin at diz fone and obseving it i really do wanna throw away my sidekick and get diz fone.....ohhhhhh yahhhh

FerneyZAN
posted on 10 Jun 2007, 11:08

VERY NICE for SURE..

I was waiting for this phone for month since first I heard of, but it never came to AT&T.. This is one of the phones that AT&T needs to have in their lineup. AT&T may have a lot of options, but they are missing out in good quality slider phones.

rizrlover
posted on 17 May 2007, 12:50

mwaah!

hey everybody, this phone is really good.....it is easily gonna be the best slider phone for years together...i mean just look at it!! and thats not all it is about, the camera too is just awesome!! though the loudness could've been a bit better, its got sexy sound clarity and quality, and it is very easy to use and personalise according to your needs...it has a good battery life also....
well, what more does anybody want! i love this phone!! luv u moto! mwaah!

nick
posted on 07 May 2007, 12:15

the best...

this is the best phone i had in my life!!!
i love moto for releasin this babe!!!
thanks a loooot moto!!!!
the slide from moto has a unique look...
which separates me from the rest of the crowd.....
thank you moto!!!
love u!!!

karren
posted on 05 May 2007, 10:30

sexy

everyone!!
this phone is a babe!!!
luvv dis pic!!!
simply he besst in d moto camp!!!!!!
other than that, its got d best looks and cool features....

imaad
posted on 05 May 2007, 10:25

wow!!!

hi all....
i jus got thuis fone a few days back....
and i recommend this beauty to all the stylish trendy people out there...
excellent features and looks,
i think its the perfect fone released by moto!!!
if u just get the wireless bluetooth headphones,
it beats the motorokr e6 by a wide margin!!!
the best from moto eva....

larzak
posted on 05 May 2007, 10:22

the best fone by moto!

hey everybody.....this is the best phone moto ever released....such good camera, and great sound quality....
excellent look, sleek feel and construction, and a superb display!!!
well, what more does one want???
i was previously using an n73, but i prefer this one anytime!!!!
its an absolute value for money, n i salute the moto club for producing this phone!!!
cheerz!!!

Jenny
posted on 09 Mar 2007, 11:10

Great and cool

This phone is cool . I like the feature of the phone. It is a user friendly phone. I am so proud of having this phone . YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!

Josh
posted on 13 Dec 2006, 11:33

It si Hot!!!

This phone is hott!!! I got it on ebay (unlocked) I currently use it with Cingular, I have great signal, great sound quality. I recomend it to any one tha loves skinny phones