Motorola RAZR2 V8 User Reviews

DrMoto
posted on 05 Nov 2013, 07:22 (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)

Beautiful piece of disappointment

DrMoto has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

When I bought this phone, I fell in love. It is so beautiful... and that was all I ever wanted. Sadly, it didn't last long. The software looked drab, and weird too.

Atleast it was useable. Camera was great, and 2GB was a lot at the time. Time sure flies...

Build quality 9/10 Feels great! Sadly, the volume buttons are hard to press.
Reception 10/10 Never dropped a call on me. Typical Motorola...
Call quality 10/10 It's Moto's ClearTalk technology. Need I say more?
Internet 4/10 Opera Mini is your only choice. And I mean Opera Mini 4. The new ones lag harder than a brick.
Multimedia 5/10 Great music player, but video player is as bad as RAZR V3.
Camera 7/10 Not bad for 2MP.
UI speed 5/10 It is kinda buggy, but will suffice.
Everyday usage 5/10 Battery is keeping this score low.
Text input 10/10 PERFECT. And I mean it.
Display 6/10 If only my battery allowed the vibrant screen to shine...
Battery 1/10 Negligible battery life. This is the only thing that handicaps the entire phone. 770mAh on TWO relatively large screens?! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Pros

• The sexiest phone out there.
  • Great call quality
  • Capable camera
  • Great keypad

Cons

• BATTERY KILLS IT
  • No 3.5mm jack for audio playback
  • Buggy OS
  • Poor app support

vinoth
posted on 10 Oct 2010, 05:18

Stylish mobile...

Well , camera clarity is far better than the other mobiles with even greater pixels . This mobile gives rich look and slim razor style looks. Reagarding the battery concern , its not upto the mark . You need to replace the battery often ........................................................................

Christopher Smith
posted on 05 Jan 2009, 07:47

Motorola V8: Everything it does, it does well!

I have owned the Motorola V8 for about four months now, and it is a great handset! Sure it may not have many features, but the features it has are good. The interface is a step up from the horrible Razr V3's, it is very responsive and doesn't lag. The design is beautiful, very shiny though (I have to clean mine every night!) and many people have complimented me on the phones great looks. The MP3 player is exquisite and sound quality is unmatched, the sound comes out loud, clear and crisp. The camera, although only a 2 mega pixel one, has surprised me with its superb image quality, I put a few of my pictures on my computer and every single detail is there, images are very sharp too, so the camera really is a winner. The keypad is well spaced and easy to text on, although the back lighting could be stronger. The two displays on the V8 are stunning, Motorola obviously took their time with the displays because colours are vivid and sharp, you can also adjust the brightness level of the screens (this helps when working with the phone in the dark) and both displays are very legible in bright light. The three touch sensitive keys on the front work when the flip is closed and you are playing music, they are extremely responsive even with a brush of my finger. The touch sensitive keys also have hap tic feedback, this is a small vibration when the keys are pushed, this is excellent because it confirms that I have pressed the key, I just wish the keys had more functionality instead of just...

Pros

• Slim, shiny attractive design
  • Superb 2 mega pixel camera
  • Sharp, vivid display
  • MP3 player interface and excellent sound quality
  • Touch sensitive music keys with hap tic feedback
  • Evenly spaced keypad, large letters
  • Web browser is a dream to work with

Cons

• Back lighting of the keypad could have been a little stronger
  • Touch sensitive key's functionality are limited to the music player
  • Phone is a finger print magnet and will need to be cleaned regularly
  • Phone is rather large when opened
  • Other than those, the V8 is PERFECT!!!!

tshimko1
posted on 02 Aug 2008, 08:10

Constant Problems

THe RAZR2 V8 is a nice phone - but that's where it ends. I paid $399 for it to replace the crappy samsung I had - For the first 2-3 months it was great then it started acting weird. Battery wouldn't keep a full charge, it would lockup, it would go nutz when trying to txt message. It was just a slew of issues. I had to keep "rebooting" it 2x a day to get it to work.
Replaced it with another one and same thing. I have to reboot it at least twice a day and it still sometimes locks up. Txt messaging is a bear when it goes crazy and adds characters in the message or just sends the mesage before you finished typing!!! Arrgh!! It really wasn't worth the money at all. T-Mobile says it's normal to have to reset a phone daily and more than once is "good" to keep "fresh" on the network! HUH!??? First I ever heard that one...

All in all - I wish I would have gotten a V3 - had one before without any problems....I think it's this Linux-Java OS they have it running on. A friend has the same phone and he has all the same problems.
Really sucks......sigh :( But I'm stuck with it now.....

genevy
posted on 14 Jul 2008, 21:29

5.8

this phone hag some good features but it blos ive had to replace mins twice cuz it keepd freezing and the little battery flap keeps bearking it wont even charge that good

Salwador
posted on 05 May 2008, 16:10

This phone can give me everything what I want. Of course it hasn't some features, but I ain't need them. Don't worry about the MicroSD slot - it is unnecessary. You've got 512MB of built memory and if you have got your own camera and mp3 player, it would be enough of memory for you. Motorola V8 is really recommended by me. Try out also the V9.

posted on 25 Mar 2008, 08:17

it's nice

i like it, but i find the vibrate mode a little weak. the screen is clean and large. the touch screen in front is sometimes hard to use, have to press a little too hard makes me feel like i'm gonna break the phone. the camera is nice and crisp. the video mode sucks my previous phone did more clear videos. it's a good phone, just doens't have memory slot, limited memory space for those who like to store a lot of songs and videos and pics. but overall it's a decent buy.

Bianca
posted on 23 Mar 2008, 18:36

This phone is so hott!!!

This phone is the best the camera is the best
The music player is hott
The design is cool youll realize whan u get it
The everything is off the chain but it can do betteron the menu strusture its a bit confusing
But it's SEXY

Marcellio
posted on 09 Feb 2008, 09:55

! Wow.! I purchased cellphone off website, www.motorola.com/
it is unlocked verzun of the motorola razr2 v8, it luxurie edution. cost 549 euroes, has 18 kerat gold plate, and aligatur skin on back.

Bill
posted on 23 Jan 2008, 09:17

Very nice phone.

I love this phone. it has pretty much everything you need but i noticed that it didnt have a radio when my crappy Nokia 6030 had a radio on it. still the sound quality was very good. i saw how some people said it looked like they could break it with one finger. well anybody who said that hasnt even touched the razr2. it is very sturdy and i have dropped it about 10 times and it doesnt even have a scratch on it wich is amazing. if you buy this phone your making a VERY wise choice

Xavier
posted on 16 Jan 2008, 23:16

Simply a Master Piece

I'll make it short. This phone combines a great amount of cualities but the best of them is that combines each ones in a perfect way.
Outstanding desing, roker functions for the music and great sound, lastes technology, great camera and a very nice interface.
It's a pleasure tu hold this mobile, operate it and enjoy every feature.
I highly recommend it!

...
posted on 11 Nov 2007, 19:44

i just got this phone and i agree its huge i am always a tinge embarrassed when i pull out the monster but its so thin i can JUST feel it in my pocket which is nice because it also means it doesnt look like a growth out of my hip. The annoying thing is that ther's no shortcut to the camera/ selfportrait thing. iTS EXPENSVE but thats because its the only good phone tmobile offers. I am a teen so we are constantly comparing phones and once people get over the small shock of the not so small size ...i win. its gorgeuos but the call quality is alittle fuzzy..but thats tmobile for you

You know
posted on 02 Nov 2007, 14:32

If you want....

If you overlook the price of the phone, the fact that the 2 megapixel camera sucks without a flash or if you aren't in good lighting, you practically lose the touch screen feature for the external display if you use the carrying case, and that the phone is pretty big for a razor......uhhh.....i'm sure you'd love it.....I had it for two weeks and it just didn't cut it for me! But maybe for you.......I went wit the Rizr Z3 instead......Compeletely Satisfied!!!

Bill
posted on 03 Oct 2007, 10:28

6.6

Pricey

Nice phone, but too pricey. btw-Vcast sux and most data plans cost too much.

Emmanuel
posted on 03 Sep 2007, 01:02

This is the TOP of the TOP!!!

This phone is the ottest phone out there that is worth getting, not too flashy not plain at ALL. Since i'm a teen and i have this phone i strongly recomend this phone fore every other teen out there the only problem is the signal with T...Mobile. T...Mobile isnt known for it signal..i'll say its one of the worst but anyways THE RAZR(2) IS A GREAT PHONE!!!

nuja
posted on 23 Aug 2007, 13:38

good

i agree this phone look so cool and nice i just dont like the price.. i love the design and the best part is you can read text off the phone when its not open

Chantelley
posted on 15 Aug 2007, 17:16

BEST PHONE EVER!!!!!!

this phone looks the best and have the best features i want this phone sooooooooo bad from t-mobile or verizon so i dont car what that pperson this is the best phone ever!!!!

Mincho
posted on 01 Jun 2007, 19:17

5.8

Worst Phone Ever

This phone looks like it'll break with one finger.... I'll know that it has a great design and features but i'm not sure if this phone is really wha it looks like.

Gina
posted on 27 May 2007, 06:04

The Bomb-Digity

This phone has been my dream for...forever! Now that I have it it is a dream come true! Everyday I feel like the world is alright with my phone with me! I tell all my friends to call me so I could see if the caller-id worked out good but it didn't...it worked out GREAT!!! I love this phone!!