Motorola Entice W766 User Reviews

rachh
posted on 23 May 2011, 16:11

TERRIBLE

rachh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Awful phone! Poor speaker quality, i can hardly hear who i am talking to, i had a way older phone before. I thought that one was bad, but this is just awful. I really wish i hadnt gotten this phone. Worst mistake ever. It takes terrible pictures, i am so ready for my upgrade!

Battery 1/10 doesnt tell me how long its been charging

Pros

Cons

• everything.

Not happy
posted on 28 Jan 2010, 11:30

Motorola entice 2766

I was excited about getting a new Motorola phone but unfortunately I am not happy now that I have it.  I had the Motorola W315 and even tho it was a heavier phone with no camera or video equiped, I sure did it enjoy it more than I have the Motorola entice 766 phone. The Motola entice is not a friendly phone. When you text it doesn't give you an idea of what the word maybe that you are typing. When you get text messages it stores all of them in messages, instead of incoming and outgoing messages. I also had Alltel for years and they were wonderful where I lived and you could talk in the house.  Since Verizon bought out Alltel I have not been happy with my phone and you can't talk in the house anymore.  Not happy camper. Hope you have better luck with your Motorola entice than I have.

shawna
posted on 17 Oct 2009, 11:20

Boring Phone

I recently had to switch carriers from Att to Verizon,and had to find a new phone:( Let me start by saying that I am not happy with this phone because I was led to believe that it would be equivelent to my SONY ERRICSON Z750a..ITS NOT  AT ALL!! ...The 2.0mp camera sucks compared to the sony  2.0 mp camera. The speakers are not of the best quality and you can't really  tell there are 2 speakers. My sons cheep free LG 850 phone sounds better. The camera options are limitied.  I loved the last Motorola phone I had which was a V360 so I was expecting better from this phone.  Another dislike is that the microSD goes under the battery.  Not a big deal since it has the micro usb.  I am just really dissapointed.If you are looking for a basic phone this is a GOOD phone to get.

Pros

• COST
  • Call quality
  • Very Basic
  • Reception

Cons

• Lack of features
  • Poor 2.0 camera
  • Micro SD goes under battery

Schai
posted on 02 Oct 2009, 12:14 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Apr 2009)

Update - pretty good music playback

Update to my previous review.  The phone actually has 2 speakers, one under the keypad with a sound port out the back and another out the bottom of the front.  It might also be the earphone you hear when NOT using speaker phone. The one out the back is a bit tinny sounding and is the only one that operates with the flip open.   With the flip closed, sound  comes out both speakers. When you lay it down so the rear speaker is blocked, the tinniness part of the sound disappears and a much better sound comes out of the front.I was impressed how well it sounds as a tiny music player laying on the desk with the flip closed.

Pros

• Better speaker than I'd expected.

Cons

• none yet

Schai
posted on 30 Sep 2009, 22:01 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Apr 2009)

Very good _PHONE_

I tried to write a more detailed review, but this phonearena.com page kept saying I had too much text.  Sorry reader, but I'm also dealing with a broken review entry web page.The new Motorola W766 looks to be a very competent cell phone for making and receiving phone calls.  In my home, we are already supported by iPods, Garmin GPS's, and Laptops, so none of these types of features were of interest or evaluated.Signal Reception - I tested it to be equivalent to the old venerable Motorola E815.  That's excellent for current phones.  It is better than the LG 8360 and LG Env2 that others in my family own(ed).Sound Clarity - better than most phones that I've listened to lately.  Minimal tinniness. A little bit of lower mid-range.Display - bright and readableKeypad - very legible and well litEntertainment features - not tested, not interestedBattery Life - not tested.  However I am VERY SURE that the STANDBY LIFE will not meet the manufacturer's unrealistic claim of  2 weeks.  I wish that cell phone review sites would cease to publish manufacturers' claims of standby battery life until they become believable numbers.Compact size

Pros

• Reception sensitivity
  • Sound quality
  • Legible keypad
  • Compact size
  • Micro USB socket

Cons

• None yet