Motorola Bravo User Reviews

Everyday usage8.2/10
UI speed6.7/10
Camera6.5/10

AngieInWonderland
posted on 01 Aug 2012, 16:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)

This Phone SUCKS

AngieInWonderland has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This Phone Over All Sucks i Dont Like it ! ive Had This Phone For Almost a Year Now & i Cant Wait To Get it Off My Hands im Sick & Tired Of it Messing Up & Not Sending My Text Messages ! it Drops Calls Alot & The internet Barely Works it is So Very Slow !

Build quality 3/10 it is a Small Phone
Reception 2/10 i Dont Have Any Connection ANYWHERE
Internet 1/10 it is Sooo SLOW !
UI speed 2/10 it Take a Long Time To Load and Freezes Alot
Everyday usage 4/10 Sometimes Texts/Calls Do Not Go Through
Text input 8/10 i Like The Keyboard it works smoothly
Display 4/10 it Has an Okay Display its not all that amazing
Battery 3/10 Runs Out Of Battery Life Very Fast

Pros

• Key Board

Cons

• Everything Else

AngieInWonderland alternatives:

Jeff
posted on 06 May 2011, 09:20

Love it

Jeff has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

So far I am loving this phone. I have had no problems or complaints to speak of really. Love Android OS and Motorola did a great job on this design, look, feel, quality. For an iPhone alternative (I had an iPhone 3GS-Hate Apple) this on is a must try in my opinion.

Reception 9/10 AT&T is more the issue than the phone. When my signal is there, phone is clear as a bell.

Pros

• Great design overall
  • Solid feeling
  • Beautiful display
  • Perfect size

bubbalv29
posted on 09 Mar 2011, 08:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Mar 2011)

Motorola Bravo, my first Android phone

bubbalv29 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a great first time phone. The processor isn't the fastest, but it's not at all slow. It's way faster than some of the first android phones. I really like The Bravo. Other than the fact it's on At&t, I've had no problems with it. I'm probably keep this phone even after I upgrade, because it works well and has the potential to be a great back up.

Build quality 6/10 It feels solid and all, but they could have found a better way to keep the back attached, and I don't like the fact that there is no cover for the microUSB port
Reception 10/10 The best I have had with an At&t phone, coverage is really bad in my area, and I rarely lose it with the phone.
Call quality 10/10 Really good call quality, loud and clear on my end.
Internet 4/10 The 3G on this phone is amazing, but EDGE is horrible, the wifi works great, but most of the time I'm on EDGE, and it is really slow...
Multimedia 10/10 DLNA, connectivity with computer's media libraries on the network, you can even share media from the phone with other devices on the network!
Camera 4/10 Not the best camera, but in adequate light, it works well.
UI speed 6/10 MotoBlur slows the phone down more than anything. If the traditional Android UI was in use, it would be much faster.
Everyday usage 10/10 Responds well to everyday usage.
Text input 6/10 The touch screen makes text messaging a little hard at first. You get used to it though.
Display 10/10 Great display, and high resolution, I love the 3.7 inches.
Battery 5/10 Not the best. If you use it regularly, expect to charge it every night, especially on 3G.

Pros

• Android
  • Wifi
  • Reception

• AT&T

CarlyshaCathya
posted on 09 Feb 2011, 11:04

the best phone ever!!!!!!!!

CarlyshaCathya has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I really like this phone the way it stores my contacts is amazing and useful. And it's a everywhere and anytime phone. I also like the swipe text and the way it's motoblur shows me everything on my homescreen. I haven;t heard any problems with my phone yet!! And i'm hoping to keep it that way.

Pros

• MOTORBLUR
  • swipe text
  • internet
  • UI Speed

Cons

CarlyshaCathya alternatives:

vincentsays
posted on 20 Jan 2011, 13:07

Not so Bravo

vincentsays has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

A decent mid-range Android. If you like Android then you'll probably like this phone. You can set up accounts without Motoblur, so I don't have complaints about that. The call quality is excellent, probably the best I've ever experienced. The screen is sensitive, bright, responsive and vibrant. The problems? Android is not reliable and sometimes can be glitchy or slow. Still no Android-Facebook notifications. Emails take a while to come through. Texting and typing is difficult on the Android keyboard.

Build quality 9/10 Good weight, nice feel and materials
Reception 8/10 doesn't get as good reception as my last device.
Call quality 10/10 crystal clear
Internet 7/10 Android's stock browser lacks features and seems slow. I thought Blackberry had a lame browser! This one is worse!
Multimedia 6/10 Nothing beyond what any other current device can do.
Camera 5/10 3mp no flash
UI speed 6/10 See Android gripes above
Everyday usage 5/10 Touch screens may be fun or cool but they're nto practical for people who need a smartphone to communicate
Text input 4/10 Android's keyboard is terrible with tiny keys and no right-side shift button
Display 8/10 Nice display. No AMOLED, though
Battery 7/10 Typical - heavy use needs a charge before nightfall and light use can go 2 days.

Pros

• Motorola

Cons

• Android

SireEby
posted on 29 Nov 2010, 16:19

Bravo on my phone choice

SireEby has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I like how Motorola widgets look like colorful little blocks with the pertinent information that adds visual appeal and are easy to find. With an 800 Hz processor, I can notice a slight lag from time to time, but it really isn't bad and I've seen a lot worse. The touchscreen is very sensitive and I've never had a problem not registering a tap or swipe. And speaking of swipes, the phone does have the SWYPE ability which is my preferred method of typing messages. It is a little awkward with email addresses and websites.

I notice that my 3G connection is often shaky, but it could just be the building I'm in. For cell reception, I get 3-4 out of 5 bars most of the time. I would hope for more where I am, but I've never lost or missed a call.

At 3 MP and no flash, the camera is puny. This is the weakest part of the phone. But in fact, not one AT&T android phone has a flash! WHY?!?! Verizon has dozens of androids that all have flash and 5+ MP cameras.

I immediately got a screen protector and a Speck case for my phone. ANY phone will scratch and break if you don't take care of it. Beware, there is a serious lack of cases for this phone! Before the case, I did notice that the battery cover did come off a little easy but my case muffles the speakerphone/media speaker a little. But overall the volume for talking, media, and ringtones is sufficient - and I like loud ringtones.

Pros

• Sensitive touch screen
  • Fast and responsive
  • Good call quality
  • Android

• 800 Hz processor is below the norm