Motorola Adventure V750 User Reviews

Nick
posted on 02 Nov 2010, 20:03

Great phone, but buy a Dremel.

Nick has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

You'll want to take a Dremel to the big red button that brings up the MP3 player and the one that brings up voice command. Even if the phone is on silent, you can knock the voice command button and some dumb b**** goes "please say a command," in a loud and obnoxious way. Once you've ground down these buttons so that you can't press them in your pocket accidentally, they will still work, but they won't tick you off.

Other than that, wonderful phone. Stands up to the abuse of a person who would dremel the buttons off of his brand new phone. Makes calls, ringtones can be bluetoothed in, battery lasts about a week if you don't get too many calls.

Pros

• the phone is invincible

Cons

• i'm not kidding about the dremel

..David..
posted on 12 Sep 2010, 22:59

Happy with this phone, except...

I am very happy with this phone.  There are a few things about it that drive me crazy.

I do like the RAZR form factor.  I like that the speakers were moved to the bottom of the phone.  I like that they included a 2.5mm headphone jack.

But...
The 2.5mm headseat, three separate Moto models, all at one time or another started making phantom phone calls, about 4 minutes apart.  Just on their own.  Must be some kind of damage to the phone for three separate models to do this.  (Why didn't I exchange the phone?  Read on, gentle reader.)

The phone also has a usb port for charging, as well as for a headset.  However, when the usb headset is used, you can't charge at the same time.  However, no more phantom phone calls.

Now, I never returned it because I'm unable to add ring tones.  I can vwzpix them to my phone number, and then save them as a ringtone, but that results in a text charge.  If you have the full text plan, have at it, you can transfer as many ringtones as you want.  Just make sure they are no longer than 30 seconds.  I don't have a text plan, and didn't want to have to go through this again on a new phone.  Well, maybe for the next one I'll find one with unrestricted ring tones.

Verizon has also worked with Moto to disable transferring ring tones and files through Moto's MPT software.  I have to take out the MicroSD card to transfer files.

By and large, I am happy with the phone. ...

Pros

• RAZR form factor
  • Nice WMA player
  • Good speaker location
  • 2.5mm/usb headset ports

Cons

• 2.5mm jack made phantom phone calls from the headset
  • Can't transfer files to the card while it is in the phone
  • Ringtones must be transferred through text messages to vwxpix

JPeterson
posted on 22 Feb 2010, 15:02

Don't plan on using this as an MP3 player

It only has a 2.5mm jack that will only work with motorola over priced crappy head phones.   I was sold on this phone by the Verizon salesman based on its MP# player functionality and told any 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone converter would work.  Which is not true.  After doing a lot of searching there are others trying to find a way to get this phone to work with their own headphones.

Pros

• makes and receives calls like any other phone

Cons

• 2.5mm proprietary jack

cfrank
posted on 24 Dec 2009, 13:47

2.7

bad

its not that horrible of a phone but the little things drive me crazy,
if u txt T9 then you have to go to options - txt style - ieng every txt u send to change it to that
you can not make it your default which i found very annoying
it is very wide demension wise which was a con
it also does not let you put songs straight from your computer using motorola phone tools as your ringtone

GzOneWg
posted on 20 Nov 2008, 20:08

Got this over casio G'Zone boulder.dont regret it

i've been a fan of motorola since their "razr" production in 2004. now, i  have been trying to buy motorola phones vs. others. but i bought a casio G'Zone earlier this year but i tripped and it cracked in half. verizon offered me a huge $75.00 rebate off of this phone, so i said yes "it was motorola :D" it works grat and i need push to talk. good for text, has controls on front, plus it has good keys. feels nice in my hand. great phone!

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good keys
  • Texting= good
  • Push to talk= YES!!
  • Cheap rebate

Cons

• Style= OK
  • Battery= not good

tastyorange
posted on 11 Sep 2008, 20:10

Better than the Boulder, but could use a few more features.

I like a phone I can drop and not have it break right away. So after frying my LG8300 with salt water, kayaking in early August, I got the first Casio Boulder sold in my Circuit City. Unfortunately, while built like a boulder and having a cool clock and orange finish, the sound quality was horrible and battery life so poor that it would go down one bar after taking a few pictures!
I don't need PTT, but wanted a durable phone, so I looked at the other choice, the V750. I put up with the Boulder for almost 30 days and had to act fast. The V750 sound quality is very, very good, almost as good as the LG Decoy which is fantastic. What's even better is the quality of the 750's speakerphone. It's LOUD and CLEAR and comes right out the bottom of the phone, not the back or the sides.
The buttons on the V750 light up nicely and brighter than the Boulder's and are so easy to press because there is a nice big space between each one. The buttons on the Boulder are jammed against each other and difficult to manipulate. It's also easier to open with one hand than the Boulder. The Push To Talk button on the V750 is right where your volume keys are on most other phones, so that's something to get use to. (The volume keys are higher up).
The only real annoying thing is the side keys set off that V-Cast and you have to open up the phone and cancel it or you have to keep locking the side key, which only lasts until you open it. I emailed Motorola to please alter the software program. The second annoying...

• Sound Quality
  • Speakerphone Quality
  • Keypad Design
  • Shock Resistant
  • Fits well in a large hand
  • Camera takes photos quickly

Cons

• Side keys turn on V-Cast (annoying)
  • Vibrate is useless and cannot be used with ringtones
  • No Camera Flash
  • It would be nice if you could see the clock at all times
  • Not water-resistant like the Boulder
  • Battery cover seems cheap (although it has a nice non-slip grip)

jay can ing
posted on 08 Sep 2008, 12:02

Best PTT Verizon Phone to Date

This is beyond doubt the best Verizon PTT Phone to date. The screens are bright and clear, the speaker is loud on both the music player and speakerphone. The signal strength has been great as well as the battery life. The battery cover does fit tight if you put it on right!
The camera on the phone takes great video and still pictures. The side buttons on the phone are large and easy to access.
In conclusion as a long term user of this phone, I highly recommend it!

Pros

• Large clear screens
  • Build quality
  • Signal Strength

Cons

• Should come with holster
  • Should come with cable

posted on 21 Aug 2008, 10:48

5.8

I can't stand this silly Mp3 function that keeps popping up accidentally from buttons getting pressed while in my pocket. and i don't like having to press a button to see what time it is on the external
my speaker phone just doesn't cut it
i just got rid of my old i530 and i miss it
it was a clunky out of date thing but they just don't makem like that anymore
I'm disappointed
however i do like having somthing that looks like a razor but can handle a little beating

Chief4792
posted on 03 Aug 2008, 21:46

Average Joe's phone

It's a great phone and all but like all pieces of technology it has flaws. Battery cover is not so great. It's made out of flimsy plastic. The side buttons are a pain because at work I am constantly pushing them by accident. On the flip side it does have a key lock for the side buttons it's just every time you flip the phone open it turns off and you have to turn back on. The signal I get is great but it may very from person to person depending on how many cell towers you have in your area and what company you have. My brother has a Razor V3 with Altell and can't get a signal at his house that is at the bottom of a hill but I can get one with Verizon. It also has all these shiny spotless screens that are a pain to not scratch up while working. If you want Military grade this is not it you need one of those field pack phones that you have to crank and an extra person to carry it for you.

Bryan
posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:50

Signal strength sucks! All cell phone manfactures say that with all the cell towers that phones don't need external int. they are 1000% WRONG! I wonder how they would explain how that I live within 2000 yards from a verizon cellsite and only get 1 bar signal that is a joke!

Jared
posted on 01 Aug 2008, 09:45

I recently purchased this phone a few weeks ago. The call quality is great and the ptt does very well. The battery life is a little weak, but just buy an upgraded battery and you will be fine. You can use the ptt for around 3 hours straight before the battery dies. This phone isn't perfect, but it does perform very well. Compared to sprint/nextel phones on speed, sprint is faster but verizon has better coverage. If you can deal with that, than this phone will be a great addition.

Steve L.
posted on 01 Aug 2008, 06:47

Awesome!!!

My whife and I had the phone a week and it works great for us the new PTT is very fast almost nextel like and the phone is made well, better then most verizon phones. The battery life is a little weak but i think its from the new EVDO rev a. network. However, the service is awesome along with the speaker. This phone kinda reminds me of the v9m and a nextel in one. By the way the battery door does stay flush with the phone you just have to push the locking tabs in, once you do that the door is hard to take off. I am very pickey with phones i probably had most of the verizon phones that are on this site and this one is one of the phones i like along with the G zone type s, v710, e815, and v9m.

Bill
posted on 31 Jul 2008, 18:25

Works Good for Me

Can't speak for the others. I bought it for the call quality, battery life, bigger nubmers. All is good so far. bought it two weeks ago. I am an occassional texter, this phone handles fine with the texting ITAP format. I am still getting used to it from the Word on my old phone. Camera and Video upload fast to send to friends. I Do not like the charger port as another stated, seems flimsy but hasn't broke yet. I miss my docking station. But, the still overall is nice, smooth use of the feautures and keypad. Have not a had a problem with the battery and did not get the PTT feature activated. overall very pleased with the phone.

Matt
posted on 30 Jul 2008, 16:16

6.6

TAKE IT FROM ME!!

My dad and i both got these phones..we are big time cell phone users and if you get the Push To Talk (PTT) it only costs you $5 a month...thats pretty good..now for the service..the 1X digital is great with this phone HOWEVER the new Rev A sucks the guts out of this phone's original battery..and the new Rev A PTT is faster than its original they had a while back but we had some network problems and phone lock ups and everything...we figured that they are still updating the software in their systems..its been 2 weeks and we still are having connection problems...we then bought extended batterys for the phone we charged them up overnight and turned them on at about 9AM and by 9PM we had one bar of battery and we used a decent amount of the PTT....They need to update big time...now for the other features..the music sounds great theres almost no bass which is good i guess because it doensnt distort the music alot..menu and everything is great..the keys are ok for textin and that all i normally do..we are still debating on wheter or not to keep these phones because in order for u to make a good PTT call u need to have data coverage and REV A..u can still run off the 1x digital but u really need REV A...We have had a lot of problems like phones freezing then restarting while trying to PTT someone..thats not good in my opinion...but if u want more questions email me at blueviper704@sbcglobal.net and i will answer all questions...

posted on 29 Jul 2008, 22:23

Phone does not have auto answer that will allow it to automatically pick up after a specified number of rings w/o the use of headset or blue tooth device.

Buy This Phone