LG Xenon User Reviews

Battery6.1/10
Internet6.1/10
Multimedia5.9/10

apatt17
posted on 12 Oct 2011, 16:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)

Decent phone

apatt17 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Even though this isn't a smartphone, it is still a good phone. I got this about 1 1/2 years ago, and it still functioning OK. The qwerty keyboard is really helpful if your good on the computer. The touchscreen can be inaccurate at times though. If you have large hands it is difficult to hold when your not using the keyboard. ( this is why I am getting the infuse.)

Build quality 7/10 The phone is a bit too small, but the phone doesn't scratch to easy.
Reception 8/10 I usually don't drop calls only if I am inside, but that is common.
Call quality 6/10 Compared to phones now, the phones call quality is ok.
Internet 4/10 The internet is very slow and hard to read. But you can still use it.
Multimedia 6/10 Pictures are decent on a text or download, but sent audio is extremely staticy.
Camera 5/10 The phone does have a flash and the pictures are average, but the videos are short and video quality is bad.
UI speed 8/10 The phone has a good NON-internet speed but it does freeze every once in awhile.
Everyday usage 9/10 The Xenon is very easy to use, the menus are setup nicely, the vibration is perfect, and the texting is good.
Text input 10/10 Personally qwerty keyboards are my favorite because it is a PC keyboard, and I'm usually on the computer.
Display 7/10 When the sun is shining on it is almost impossible to see the screen. The touch response lags at times, and the colors are decent.
Battery 7/10 If you are regularly using it, it could last from 3-5 days, standby is probably around a little over a week. The phone has a really fast charge rate though.

Pros

• lightweight

max2917
posted on 31 Jul 2011, 20:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)

This phone did everything I ever asked it to (almost)

max2917 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I tried and failed to break this phone. I slammed it on the ground, submerged it for 10 min, took it apart and put it back together and it still worked. The only time I was ever without signal was when I was on my way to Florida (I live in Alabama) otherwise 4-5 bars of 3g. I never had 1 problem with the call quality never dropped a call never even had problems with the speaker phone.

Build quality 10/10 I tried and failed to break this phone. I slammed it on the ground, submerged it for 10 min, took it apart and put it back together and it still worked.
Reception 8/10 The only time I was ever without signal was when I was on my way to Florida (I live in Alabama) otherwise 4-5 bars of 3g
Call quality 9/10 I never had 1 problem with the call quality never dropped a call never even had problems with the speaker phone.
Internet 4/10 The internet was incredibly slow and if you move the phone about an inch you will likely lose connection..
Multimedia 7/10 it was okay I never really used it much but it was well intergrated
Camera 3/10 for a 2.0 mp camera it was really good and took excellent pictures
UI speed 3/10 The UI was ushually usually behind me, like i would make three taps the it would react, but it did catch all three taps and take me to the correct place.
Everyday usage 10/10 This phone in my everyday usage (Texting and calling) did everything I ever asked it too.
Text input 8/10 I could input text into the device with the qwerty keypad at a million and a half miles an hour but if you wanted to quickly input text without sliding the device open, well good luck.
Display 5/10 The display was okay but a low resolution, but will satisfy.
Battery 10/10 never once had a battery life problem.

Kiwi Chik
posted on 21 Jul 2011, 22:22

Why the bad comments?!?!?!

Kiwi Chik has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Even though I haven't gotten this phone yet, I'm pretty sure this actually is a pretty decent phone. All these other people are saying it's terrible, but what do you expect if you sit on it or whatever! I'm not trying to be mean at all but I do know that Phone Arena gave this phone a way better review then a lot of you other people. So based on that I really hope this phone turns out well... =P

Battery 10/10 This is what I wish for!!

Pros

• I'm hoping there will be heaps...

Cons

• Fingers crossed none!

gg
posted on 14 Jul 2011, 15:33

HORRIBLE!

gg has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

worst phone ever. if you have the choice DO NOT get it. trust me on this one. the battery light has disappeared on my phone and i cant see anything. its horrible! battery life is short. and the screen keeps flashing and freezing, and has very very bad touch, not accurate at all. the only thing thats okay is the keys on the slide. and the slide itself.

Millie
posted on 04 May 2011, 23:15

Not a bad phone

Millie has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Okay, I got this phone in December of 2009 and only recently have I started having problems with it. Let me tell you, this thing is RIDICULOUSLY durable. It's been dropped, stepped on, kicked across the floor... I've even dropped it down the stairs a couple times. It still works fine. Yes, I have noticed the issue with it freezing every so often; I had to change my Facebook password a few months back, but my phone still has my old one registered, because every time I try to change it, my phone shuts off. It's a bit of a hassle to have to retype the new password every time, but all in all no big deal. I woke up one morning a few months back to find the vibrate function had completely stopped working, but a week later it fixed itself. The most recent issue I'm having is the camera. It refuses to turn on, giving me an "ERROR!" message and exiting the camera application. As for battery life, it really depends on how much you use it. Mine lasts about three to four hours if I use the phone CONSTANTLY (IE texting, IMs, internet, etc.) but if I barely use it at all, it lasts three to four days easy.

All in all, I love this phone. Going to be sad to see it go when contract renewal comes around, but hey... time to get 4G.

Reception 8/10 It works fine as long as you stay in the city. If you live in the middle of nowhere, good luck.
Call quality 9/10 Don't really use the "call" function much... Never had a problem hearing people, though.
Camera 7/10 As stated in the review, mine broke. I loved it while it worked though. Pretty good for being on 2.0 MEGA.
Everyday usage 10/10 Had it a year and a half and use it every day. Never had much of an issue.
Text input 9/10 Keys are a bit small. Avoid if you have larger fingers. It was perfect for my small hands, though.
Display 10/10 Beautiful!

Pros

• Shortcut buttons on keyboard (New Message, Email, IM, Contacts, Internet)
  • Alarm Clock, Calculator, Tip calculator, World Clock, Unit Convert... Lots of interesting gadgets in a tiny package
  • IMs (Windows Live, Yahoo, AIM)
  • Music player sound quality
  • DURABLE! I dropped it down the stairs, it still works.

Cons

• It does freeze, but if you take the battery out and turn it back on it works fine.
  • The camera on mine stopped working.

Angieeeeeeeeeeee
posted on 03 Apr 2011, 22:25

THIS PHONE STINKS!

Angieeeeeeeeeeee has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have tried using this phone two times and neither were successful. The phone was amazing at first but then it kept freezing and whenever i tried to calabrate it, it would say 'invalid calabration'. Reception uis horrible; could never get calls nor texts. Battery lasts a half of a day!

Pros

• qwerty
  • good look!!
  • nice design
  • nice setup

Cons

• horrible call quality
  • touch screen is slow
  • invalid calabrations
  • you cant set recorded tunes as your ringtone
  • freezes

addy
posted on 26 Mar 2011, 12:48

Loved it, now frustrated

addy has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I love the call quality, sounds and touch screen. But about 2 months ago, my screen started flickering. I take good care of it but it still has serious problems. It randomly shuts off and freezes for more than an hour at a time. I really enjoy the other features of this phone but wish the defects could be fixed.

Build quality 8/10 its pretty good
Battery 6/10 can be good, other times it just craps out

:D
posted on 15 Mar 2011, 19:33

umm i didn't get it yet "HAHAHA" :D

:D has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i ordered this phone and it's coming this wekk , 2 of my friends are bitches:) isn't that nice >:O ohh and one of them has this phone...
anywayys i like cows, elephants, giraffes & NOT HIPPOS cuz my least favorite teacher like hippo's :( but i like PLATYPUS'S and i now like camel's :D
but i hope this phone works good for me :)

Build quality 9/10 i think it look cool :)
Reception 5/10 well see?...
Call quality 10/10 i hope :)
Internet 10/10 i really hope ! im addicted to facebook :D
Multimedia 5/10 whatever this is..
Camera 10/10 it better be good :D
UI speed 10/10 whats this?
Everyday usage 10/10 let's hope! Fingers crossed!
Text input 10/10 i hope.. :D
Display 7/10 i like number 7 :)
Battery 10/10 i hope ... i "hope" alot :) hey where's Perry?

Pros

• Whatcha Doing?
  • I

solange
posted on 26 Jan 2011, 15:29

GOOD PHONE!

solange has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for a little less than a year, and I absolutely don't get why people say this is such a bad phone. It works fine! The phone closed on me a few times, but it wasn't much of a big deal, since it happens rarely.The qwerty keyboard's keys are a bit small & tight together, but I find it easy to use anyways. The touchscreen is responsive, and the graphics are great. The camera quality is pretty good for a 2.0 camera, and I love how I can also record videos. The reception is excellent, and I really like 3G's speed for the internet. Easy acess to social networking websites, like Facebook, Msn messenger, etc. This phone is excellent for the texting freaks out there ;). One way to avoid all the problems is to BE CAREFUL AND TO TAKE CARE OF THE PHONE! I absolutely adore this phone, so leave it alone.

Pros

• Built In Photo Editor
  • 5 Shortcut Keys On Keyboard (New Message, Emails, IM, Contacts & Mobile Browser)
  • Camera & Video have a flash
  • Multitasking Available
  • Easy Access To Social Networking Sites (Facebook, Etc)

therygy
posted on 25 Jan 2011, 15:57 (Posts: 94; Member since: 24 May 2010)

This phone is horrible!!!!

therygy has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Me, my mom, and two of my sisters all got this phone and they are terrible!!
first off, all of them broke except for one that is on its last couple days. I had a one year manufactures warranty, but they did not follow through with it. It just randomly shut off and never turned back on. I sent it in and they found that the inside behind the back speaker was "corrosion". That is all that they told me. LG is terrible they cannot make phones that last through everyday wear and tear. Now i am stuck with my moms xenon, and my sister bought the impression, and my mom and my other sister both have the iPhone 4.

Pros

• i have to admit i like the keyboard

Cons

• EVERYTHING
  • -call quality
  • -cannot last everyday humidity with out getting corrision
  • EVERYTHING

Kexyification
posted on 23 Jan 2011, 00:19

Good yet Bad

Kexyification has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone since the beginning of April, and I do admit, I love this phone! It's quick and easy to text with, the keyboard buttons are easy to use and don't have too much resistance like other phones, everything is easy to find.If you have bigger fingers then you may have problems, and Scrolling can sometimes be a hassle. I haven't had a problem since the middle of November (Besides it randomly turning off, but I would just turn it back on and issues solved) and it has taken abuse! The screen gets dirty quickly and reduces the touch screen's quality so I have to clean it a lot. I just recently been starting to have freezing problems and on new years I was out in a small town and my phone wasn't sending or receiving texts or calls at all. It is extremely frustrating. I thought that maybe it was the cell tower cause as soon as I got back into the city it started working again but sometimes having issues. I'm back in the small town now and yet again it isn't working and after reading these reviews I believe that it may just be the phone it's self. I'm scared to turn it in for a different one because I don't know if it's just the cell reception or my phone and the other ones like this are lemons. Also, one day, I had my phone on vibrate and whenever I go a text it would say the name of the person who was texing you. It drives me insane! There is no way of turning it off, so now I have to put it on silent mode or ringer.

Reception 2/10 It has bad calling reception and is usually unable to send and receive texts almost all the time
Call quality 2/10 The calling quality makes me cry it is so bad...
Internet 5/10 I don't have internet on it, but when I did, it was okay, but nothing spectacular. It worked for me and that's all that mattered
Multimedia 7/10 Really good sound for ringtones and music, but one setback is that you have to but a micro sd card to upload songs from your computer onto your phone
Camera 9/10 Great Camera! I have taken amazing pictures with it, but if the object moves, the picture will blur
Everyday usage 8/10 I text on is almost 24/7, but the keyboard is wearing down and the battery life is shortning
Display 9/10 It's usually smooth and easy to use, but goes a bit glitch sometimes
Battery 4/10 If I don't text on my phone the battery has lasted 3 weeks before, but if you do text all the time, it bumps it down to 2 days. Sometimes only half a day. The battery is not reliable.

Pros

• Easy to use keyboard
  • Easy to find things
  • Great when it's co-operating
  • looks pretty
  • Easy to upload pictures straight to your computer
  • Has a lock feature so that you can keep it in your pocket without worrying about bum texing or calling people
  • great music quality and features
  • Surprisingly durable

Cons

• Laggy
  • Reception issues
  • Randomly shuts off or freezes
  • If a text doesn't send, you have to keep resending it till it does
  • There are a lot of faulty lemons
  • Better quality sound for music, yet horrible for calling
  • not reliable
  • No zoom on camera (I found a loophole around it, but it isn't 100% effective)

Jayde
posted on 02 Jan 2011, 17:36

Not a bad phone.

Jayde has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had mine for around 2 and half months, i love it. The only problem i have ever had with it is that it goes flat fairly quickly and freezes a lot of the time i have had it. But the camera and texting on it is a complete breeze. The keys arnt too small and are nice and simple. People who have had major issues with it might be due to themselves.

Pros

• Qwerty
  • Fast
  • Looks Great

Cons

• Freezes sometimes

anonamus
posted on 25 Dec 2010, 16:35

take care of it !

anonamus has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

the reviews that the other people put up about it being horrible and breaking like 2 months after they got it is most likely there faults i put my phones thru alot of *** but this one works pretty good fr me the other people just need to learn to take care of there phones better. my friend had the same phone and she had all those problems screen flickering- because she keeps it in her butt pocket and sits on it all the time & picking at the sides, unresponsive screen- getting it wet/hitting it against things/other shit all im sayin is dont blame the phone blame the person the LG Xenon is the best phone ive ever had

Pros

• great phone
  • qwerty key pad
  • pretty good battery life
  • easy to use touch screen
  • great call quality

no body
posted on 25 Dec 2010, 16:14

dependable

no body has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i got mine june of 2009 and it worked amazingly ! the short cuts were easily accessible, the keyboard was great, and the touch screen was easy to use. it went threw so much shit like being thrown across the room, being dropped down stair cases, i even got it totaly drenched at a football game only 3 months after i got it. about a month ago (which is around a year and a half after i got it) the screen kept uncalibrating itself and it got to the point to where i couldnt recalibrate it. i tried to get a replacement but they didnt have any in stock. after i got a crappy replacement (was not a xenon) i went back to my xenon and even though the screen was a little annoying it still works it is very reliable and i love it

Reception 9/10 i get service almost every where
Call quality 10/10 the call quality is great
Camera 7/10 its a 2 megapixel camera, it takes good pictures standing still but its blurry when things move
Everyday usage 9/10 its pretty invincible but the screen gets a bit moody
Text input 10/10 easy to text fast
Display 9/10 after a while if your not careful the screen can act up
Battery 10/10 ive gone 3 days without charging it and it still had 1 bar laft

bbygirl
posted on 02 Dec 2010, 15:46

TERRIBLE...

bbygirl has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got this phone April 2009. I LOVED the phone !! It worked fast enough, the keyboard was great, the calls, touch screen was accurate..everything was perfect....until it was MY fault & went to the beach & messed up the touch screen which made the phone completely unresponsive. I got my replacement (2nd phone) in July 2009. That phone lasted until July 2010, because my phone started acting VERY slow. the screen would flicker constantly. I got another replacement (3rd) , and they sent me a phone that DID NOT WORK. I got another one(4th) a few days later...WORSE than the other replacement they sent me. DO NOT GET THIS PHONE. They seem to be giving out BAD phones????

Pros

Cons

• conversation view would mess up
  • battery life reduced

z
posted on 01 Nov 2010, 14:59

horrible horrible phone!

z has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

probably the worst phone i have ever had in my entire life. Battery life has been reduced to 2 hrs (thats when i don't even use it). Horrible touch screen, completely undurable. Just an all around horrible phone. Don't ever buy this mistake! I regret buying this phone completely.

old.elpaso
posted on 30 Oct 2010, 08:22

STAY AWAY!!! Literally, buy ANYTHING ELSE!

old.elpaso has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

My wife and I each got one of these phones about 2 weeks ago. She's had to have hers replaced twice now, and I'm on my way today to get mine replaced. They are poorly built phones and I can't see them lasting very long. I anticipate all kinds of problems with them! I would suggest to anyone to get a better phone than these. You might be happy at first but I think eventually you will regret getting this phone!

Pros

• None that I can think of!

Cons

• Freezes
  • Shuts down constantly
  • Not very responsive
  • Lack of apps
  • Lack of customizing options
  • Poor (actually non existent) support

alyssa
posted on 26 Oct 2010, 12:24

3.4

this phone is crap

alyssa has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

this phone sucks it is the worst phone ive ever had it freezes locks up turns off and has bad quality i have had this phone for almost 2 years and i wish i never would have gotten it in the first place i would NOT recomend this crappy phone to ANYONE!

Pros

Cons

• freezes
  • turns off
  • buttons are to close
  • bad call quality

FUZZY
posted on 11 Sep 2010, 17:05

Worst phone

This is the worst performing phone I've ever had. It continually freezes up requiring you to remove the battery and reboot. Doesn't give much confidence in the phone when you're trying to text  some one and it freezes causing you to loose the message and causes frustration on top of it.

I've had 5 phone replaced under warranty and lost confidenc so I requested a replacement  option. The options they offered after 5 hours or better on the phone (my other line) were of silimar design with the same problems and poor reviews, or a lesser grade flip phone. Thanks , but no thanks.

I have decomissioned this phone and will let the leagal coucil's sort it out so I can move on with more constructive things. like living.

Pros

• it's blue

Cons

• Continually freezes up, poor call quality, among other things

Rachel Watson
posted on 15 Aug 2010, 22:22

I've had the LG Xenon since October 15th of last year. And the only problem I have with it now is that i have to press my "p" key a little harder than the other keys on the keyboard. And I hate that i can't zoom for pictures. Other than that, I love my phone!!

Amanda S
posted on 02 Aug 2010, 13:00

14 months and issues galore

I have had my phone for almost 14 months now. It scratched easily when it got hit from my hands, so we put a screen cover on it. awesome. problem fixed. I was always delicate with it, because I knew i wasn't going to be getting another one. it lasted and was amazing until suddenly I had my first few issues. It'd freeze when texting. It didn't take me long to fix the problem- just take out the battery and restart the phone- and I ignored it. easy as that. Then it suddenly blacked out. The screen didn't work. I could call people (the QWERTY key pad worked) but the screen stayed black. It was cruel because it'd vibrate when I got texts and I coulodnt read them. it sucked. I left it for a few hours, and when I looked at it again, it was back to normal. Fixed. The next few months were issue free. Then the battery suddenly decided to not work. It'd last maybe a half a day when before it'd last 2 days. They replaced my battery. Then I started having more problems with my service. it was bad before, and it got worse. And I had another issue with it blacking out and it was out of it for 24 hours. My service has continued to worsen (loses service but still says I have 3G and everything, I have to remove the battery for a second) and I'm very upset with this phone. My previous LG worked for 2 years with no problems at all. It could have easily continued under the use and it wasn't even a texting phone! I can't wait for the contract to be up because I am sick and tired of fighting...

Pros

• easy to use
  • good camera
  • luv the conversation view

Cons

• battery terrible
  • whatever is receiving service has stopped working!!!
  • doesn't hold too many texts- 180 maximum
  • glitches easy
  • scratches easy

Megan
posted on 30 Jul 2010, 06:00

Don't get this phone!!!

I got the xenon from my boyfriend for my valentines day gift in February.  He got it for me because he knew I absolutly love this phone when I played with it at the store and when I seen the commercials for it.  Well, it was all fine and dandy for a little while, maybe a month or two.  But then out of nowhere my screen broke.  It would flicker white whenever I touched it and sometimes it wouldnt even let me touch anything.  Then, after a while, it styaed flickering continuously, never stopping.  I took it back to at&t and replaced it, thinking that I just happened to get a bad one because my boss has the same phone and she has no problems with it.  Well then I got the new one and this one started off ok, but now just recently it started flickering yet again (not as bad as the first phone but still bad) AND now this one likes to drop a lot of calls and FREEZE itself in the middle of texting!!!!!!!!!!  I can understand getting a defective one once, but when u replace it and are having even more problems, you know it's just an overall bad phone.  It sucks thought because its such a cute phone and when it does decide to work right, its really cool... just has bad defects .. =[

Barbara Martin
posted on 15 May 2010, 17:10

2.7

BAM

Got this phone for my daughter.  Phone keeps freezing and the paint came off the key and space bar for texting.  The "U" key cracked and the phone is only 6 months old. It is listed as a texting phone, but can't seem to take the wear and tear. AT &T won't honor the 1 year warranty. Very bad purchase!!

Bethany Atkins
posted on 05 May 2010, 09:06

Terrible Phone!

I got my first LG Xenon in December and thought, "what a great phone"; and then the problems began. It would randomly turn itself off and then when a call would come in, you could not hear the other person nor could they hear you, although it says it is connected. Had the phone replaced by AT&T and now the replacement is doing the same thing after only 2 weeks. It, too, is going back.

Pros

• The keyborad is great, navigation through the phone is smooth, good camera.

Cons

• NOT reliable.

E.S.
posted on 07 Apr 2010, 15:40

Don't get this phone!

Hey all..
I have had this phone since Christmas. I researched this phone and i knew that there were major problems with it but i still wanted it because it looked cool and i thought i could avoid the problems. Low and behold this phone lives up to its reputation. 3 1/2 months after i got it, it got a "pressure crack." I accidentally put too much pressure on it with one of my school books and it had this white flickering look. It's hard to explain but i was not very happy. But about 10 or 15 minutes later it went away. But 2 weeks later I had it in my jeans pocket for about 5 minutes and it did the same thing. Thinking it would go away i put it in my locker and continued through my day. After school my phone was still the same. Its been the same way for a day and a half. Now looking on the internet people have had similar problems. At&t considers it a "physical problem" so they charge you a $95.00 fee to fix it. Or you can buy a replacement LCD screen online for about $40.00 without shipping.
      So, if you're a teenager like me and think you can avoid problems, you can't this crappy phone will live up to its reputation. Yeah its cool but try and avoid it. No wonder they are discontinuing this piece of junk finally.

Pros

• Cool design
  • Great for texting
  • Touch screen is neat, but has issues

Cons

• Screen is VERY sensitive
  • Even with the lightest pressure the screen will act up