LG VX9400 User Reviews

AnimePunk23
posted on 16 Nov 2012, 14:47 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)

Favorite

AnimePunk23 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This was in fact my favorite phone I had ever owned. If life in this society didn't require for me to have a smartphone I would've kept this phone as long as possible :) I just didn't have any internet on it.

Pros

• Awesomeness

Rileybdarby
posted on 17 Jan 2010, 00:00

9 Replacements

I got this phone June 12, 2008

Since then I have had to replace it 9 times.

One of the times, it fell on the carpet in my bedroom...

The screen was completely shattered.

It is horrible for reception, tv, scratches, battery life, camera, and just about everything else it can do.

Do not buy this phone.

Pros

• N/A

Cons

• Bad Reception
  • Horribly delicate
  • Terrible Television service
  • Bad Camera (Only 1.3 MP!?!?!)
  • Bad cell phone company.

Alyssa
posted on 15 Jul 2009, 10:44

WORST PHONE!

I have had the lg vx9400 for 2 weeks now. And I have to say the battery only last about 4 hours if I'm not using it! Scratches just appear on the screan, for just being touched! Also, when ever I swivel up I get a scratch on the numbers! The anttenia does not help! It makes you lose service. I would not reccommend this phone!

Pros

• sleek design,
  • good call quality.

Cons

• Bad service,
  • easily scratches,
  • dies fast .

Jordan
posted on 18 Mar 2009, 17:45

Love it

I love this phone.  I got it when it first came out and have had no problems with it.  Ever.  It is the most reliable phone I have ever had.  At first I was scared that the swivel would get loose or stop working after having the phone for a little bit, but two years later, it still works exactly the same as the first time I used it.  After two years, my battery life is still about 2-3 days long.  The screen is a little scratch but what do you expect after 2 years of abuse?  Besides, when the LCD screen is on, you can't even see the scratches.
Some people have been complaining about the speaker phone but I have literally never used it, so I can't say anything about that.  I've never had a problem with the phone randomly calling people or turning off either like some people have said they have.
Overall, I love this phone.  It is one of the best I have ever seen.

homedog
posted on 15 Mar 2009, 13:40

Probably the best phone I've ever had. The swivel screen always amazes people. Battery life I have no complaints on it. I got this phone like the first day it came out and I've had it for two years and the only thing it jacks up on is the scratches on the screen which is mostly my fault,I dropped it soo many times. If your an average person who isnt really into cell phones then you'll like this phone. Its easy to use and you'll get attention from it. Definitley the best phone I've ever had!

Pros

• Service
  • Swivell screen.
  • shaped like a hammer.
  • Fast
  • good for texting
  • easy to use

Cons

• nothing!

unknown.
posted on 14 Dec 2008, 19:09

this phone is HORRIBLE

my phone shuts off by itself and they tell me its because "i dont turn it off and let it reset itself because its just like a computer"..bull...i got it replaced and two days later it was doing the same thing.
the battery life is horrible on it, and i charge it at least 2-3 times a day.
when i swivel it open, the screen stays like it is when its shut.
basically, dont get this phone if your thinking about getting it!

Chris Perosi
posted on 20 Sep 2008, 14:41

Worst phone I've had... Ever.

I keep seeing good reviews about this phone. I must be getting the lemons. I'm on my 4th one in 10 months. The only reason I even replaced it the 4th time is because I wasn't ready for the upgrade on my plan, or I would have gone to another phone.
The camera was great on day one. By day 4 or 5 the scratchy-ready cheap plastic over the lens was scratched up and I found that my VX6100 that I still have somewhere, took better pictures.
The swivel screen is cool, but the technology they use to implement it isn't up to par. This has resulted in two "dead LCD" replacements, and my current replacement, an LCD that doesn't change orientation as it swivels. This results in a phone that thinks it's "always open". You can't lock the keys, it dials people and answers texts without warning, etc, etc. Also totally wrecks the already-poor battery life. If you actually USE your phone, you'll be on the hunt for an extended battery in about a week. It lasts me from breakfast til about 4 pm before I have to get it on a charger again. And that was BEFORE the "always open" problems. Now it lasts til noon.
Beware of the refurbished phones. The one I currently have (awaiting the replacement Monday) was originally returned to Verizon for a charger port issue. This phone was then sent to Asurion who refurbished it and sent it to me after my last replacement. (I had the dead LCD issue -- but it wasn't TOTALLY dead... If you tried really hard and looked really close in a dark room, it was still working.......

Pros

• Cool "sideways" display that everyone comments on....

Cons

• Easily scratched display AND camera.
  • Swivel-screen technology weak, short-lived, and error-prone.
  • Ridiculously low battery life.
  • Buttons rub off with mad texting -- making it hard to get phone replaced under warranty when other issues arise.
  • Overall the worst LG product I've ever used.

posted on 02 Sep 2008, 10:01

Amazing Phone

I bought the 9400 at retail price last June. I'm a pretty notorious cell phone abuser as I tend to toss the phone around when I'm bored, which leads to a ton of dropped phones.
The reception on the phone is very good, the battery life isn't amazing, but I've been using the extended battery for over a year with no complaints on the battery life. Even after a year I get about 3 or 4 days of usage out of it and I'm a text junkie so it's not like it's jsut sitting there. The screen is excellent, and the camera is amazing for a 1.3. I've yet to see a camera phone on Verizon, with the possible exception of the Rizr take a clearer picture. Now some will take better pictures, since they have a higher resolution, but this one has that crystal clear look to it, that though the picture may not be huge, it looks like it would to the naked eye, no funny lighting effects or anything like that.
The TV and video clips look cool on the horizontal screen.
Only real knock on the phone was the speaker, but that was fixed by LG last year, and all the newer ones have a much better speaker.
If the phone was cheaper when it was newer this would have many more reviews.
And yes, if you just leave it on it's default settings and throw it in your pocket it will call people. That's why you either change the setting so that you have to press the button twice to unlock it. That solves about 90% of the times you'll call someone on accident.
You also can but the holster for it, that will cause you to probably...

Pros

• Camera is surprisingly good
  • Very good call quality

Cons

• Old phone at this point

Dustin
posted on 02 Sep 2008, 00:49

Great cell.

I had this phone for about a year now and have to say that is works great. I love the call quality and a lot of the options. My two major complaints are that the speakerphone has bad feedback and the calls on this can drop in an unexpected manor. I am getting the LG Dare soon but I have to say this phone is a great quality phone.

Pros

• Sleek Design
  • Great music quality
  • Good call Quality
  • Better than expected video from a 1.3 Megapixel cam

Cons

• Feedback is bad when the speakerphone option is on
  • Calls seem to randomly drop like 6 times a month.

annony.
posted on 28 Aug 2008, 23:59

Great but time to retire!

Honestly,I Like this phone,Loved it at first,my plan or w.e is up soon so excited i get a new phone :) I Like this phone and all but i need a texting phone.For the people saying with this phone they call people.PLEASE! I throw this phone in my Bag and Out i go!When i enter work or whereever I HAVENT Called a single person by mistake or when the phones in my pocket or my boyfriends pocket NOT ONCE Has it called people...It;s called LOCK THE Damn thing!Works for me!THe only way for mine to unlock is either the security number swiv open or press twice.You just want something to complain about!This phone has been amazing,the only complaint i hear about is when i am using speaker the other person on the other side hears echoing!The screen is scratched MY FAULT Though!LMAO one phone INDESTRUCTIABLE IT THE LG VX8300 My dad has thrown it into the wall droped it in the toilet thrown it accross the yard kicked it on the drive way thrown it on the drive way gone threw the mudd on his 4 wheeler with it Its faided but damn that thing still works like new even with mudd in it!And i am serious no joke!That phone would get a 10/10 for industructiveness?But yea newways the lgvx9400 is an amazing phone but its getting old and time for a new one,I Cant wait Love the 9400,but its time to retire it soon,I think there is no point for the tv i never use it!and also why not just watch tv other wise its like your paying another cable bill.

Matt
posted on 09 Jul 2008, 21:31

3.6

THIS PHONE SUCKS

Ive become a tech junkie over the past year and this phone has gone to show what a piece of shit it is. I first got it becuase there were no good phones out and my plan ran up so i was due.

I agree with the other Matt about everything. The LOUD annoying beeps, the calling people in your pocket. I TOOK a pee WHILE accidently calling someone like 5 times, it was ridiculous.

BUY THIS PHONE -----> if you want a piece of shit that has a battery life of like 3 hours standby. I'm definetly getting the iphone 3g or he nokia n85 or possibly the dare but LG has dissappointed me with this jaunt.

Jeremiah Veltre
posted on 28 Jun 2008, 23:06

pretty freakin awesome

i was actually angry when i got this phone because my alias died and my warranty was voided bc i got the phone from a friend but i was able to get 25% off and honestly was not into getting the alias again because samsung makes the cheapest crappiest phones and sells them for top dollar. I WILL NEVER USE SAMSUNG AGAIN!!! so i unhappily dished out the 200 bucks for this phone at retail cost and actually enjoy it. it gives u the option to use the standard lg menu and verizon menu and i have always been annoyed with the verizon menu. i love the kick-flip-swivel-design it makes me feel like i have a sidekick with out a key board. i feel much more comfortable messaging on the device bc with nav keys on the bottom my fingers don't get all cramped on the bottom of the phone. i love the fact it's far from traditional and i love a phone that you cant help but stare at cause it is freakin weird!!! i love it!!! it honestly has the most features i have ever seen on a phone it is the closest to a japanese phone you can get. sound quality was awesome but speakerphone was a little difficult to hear at times which makes it far from perfect. verizon's network is somewhat strange bc u have service every where but lose it at random times it is kind of inconsistent. overall even having to pay $200 full price the phone proves that it is full of everything you could want!!! i just wish it had a qwerty or blackberry keyboard then it would be the best!!!

Katelyn
posted on 21 Jun 2008, 18:21

It's ok

I have had the phone for about a year now..and it was great at first, having the latest and greatest thing and but after about a month of having to flip the phone open every time i wanted to call or text someone it got old.

Matt
posted on 01 Jun 2008, 20:58

3.2

BADD POOR PHONE!

This phone is terrible had it for about 9 months almost 10
i hate it
the buttons press alot while its in your pocket and i always would call people
it sucked
also speaker is awful it makes this loud
annoiyng sound its like a long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
awful just awful
yah sure itlooks cool black/silver design
yah yah w/e
i hate it alot
i first saw it and was like
oh man i want it so badly thats the phone im gonan get
got
it
it was awesome for liek a couple months
then i realized the screen
is bad it gets ruined easily
dont get it

Alex
posted on 06 May 2008, 17:51

I've had this phone for almost a full year, it'll be a year in june. I've loved every second of it. Great phone, best I've ever had. My last phone was the krzr which I liked, but the 9400 is amazing. Best 1.3 mega pixel camera ever. I've taken pictures vs people with 2.0 and mine look better. I love the keypad to it. It's got a graet size and feel to it

I'm a heavy texter, and I've yet to have anything happen with this phone like with my krzr and 8100 where the button starts to wear off or isn't as responsive.

To anyone who's had any issue, take it to a VZW store with a technical service department,

Only complaint I have with this phone is that there is no ability to have an individual text alert for each contact. Best feature in the 8100

Jenn
posted on 15 Mar 2008, 12:43

4.6

Not all its cracked up to be

Ive had the phone for a few weeks now and whenever I would use the speaker phone I would get this loud playback sound almost like what a fax machine sounds like. Anytime something got near where you speak into it made this awful sound that could be heard on both ends. I took it to the store to get it fixed and all they did was give me a new one. When i tested it before leaving the store it did the same thing. The sales associate said it was the design of the phone because the ear peice and the speaker are too close. Why would they design a phone that does that? I also had problems with people telling me it was echoing bad on the other end.

I love the way it swivels and the screen is great and very clear but I dont think its worth the $200 to have a phone where the speakphone is messed up. If Im going to pay that much I want a phone Im completely satisfied with. I use speakerphone a lot and the sound is not fixed even with the new phone. Im exchanging it and getting a differnt brand. If you use speakerphone often I WOULD NOT BUY THIS PHONE.

goodluck!

jme
posted on 21 Aug 2007, 18:24

Wow

Always one to decide and pounce it goes without saying I go through phones like water. When the Chocolate was unveiled I had to have it and today I am thanking the gas company for the bill in my mail box a few months ago that stopped my "Verizon Store FOR Bust" attitude dead before I even hit the driveway. Who would have thought those bills that were 3 times higher than last years would actually pay off in the long run! I had to wait....and in the end patience paid off. I ended up with by far the most satisfying phone of my life for less money about 2 months ago and haven't looked back. This phone covers all the previous "I wish my phone would...." bases and more. Complete with crystal clear reception in my basement where my other half has to dance around trying to find a sliver of reception on, well, the Chocolate :c) I can't say enough good about this phone, superior data speeds (key for net junkies like me), entertainment oh yeah clear phone calls too. It has ease of use, a large clear display and a very classy yet not snobbish design. VCast Mobile TV is as clear as my satellite dish so long as I'm not trying to catch John Steuart while chancing my life in the back of a taxi on the FDR. The camera was left a little wanting, but is also the last thing I would be using my phone for anyway. My only real complaint with it is the few keys that are exposed, even with the double tap key guard turned on I have placed more than one call from my pocket by accident. LG hit...

Tony O
posted on 10 Jul 2007, 16:57

They nailed it

I have been watching this phone for months until i got my two year credit from verizon. SO i just got the phone the other day and i think its great. I love the swivel (its different) and eventhough people said the camera was bad, i think its very good. The TV service is so-so depending on where i am. But when the signal is good, the picture is great. However, lack of channels and the same programs on all the time will result in me cancelling the Tv until they step it up a notch or two. The phone is great, the speakerphone is good, the camera is great, the Tv is only good if service is good. I was in nyc the other day and got crystal clear reception without the antenna even being up. But like i said, same stuff on all the time. its not real TV, just some programs that a certain channel has on. For instance, FOX only has on "Best of Sports Week" NEVER anything else. NICK only plays SpongeBob. And Comedy Central is either Chappelle Show or Mencia. NOt real Tv, but ok if you have to have it. I will cancell at end of my first month.

Good news: **everyone who sees this phone, wants it. **its not $600 like the iphone (my buddy has it by the way and he hates it) **its only $99 on verizonwireless.com ** its got Tv!! if your interested

Rob Tizzle
posted on 21 Jun 2007, 13:54

Awesome

So I got this phone about 4 days ago and I have not had one problem yet. Some reviews said the speakerphone was bad for the person you were talking to but I've asked and everyone agreed that they couldn't tell a difference between it being on or off but that could just have to do with signal or something. Also the design can be akward at first but i have not had this phone for too long and I am already used to it. I used to have a Razr V3m which broke in three ways and would drop calls but this has no problems even in my basement which has very little signal. I got it for free so of course I'm happy with the value for money. If your thinking of buying this I would go to the store or a friend who has one and see how you like it.

Kelley
posted on 27 May 2007, 16:00

Pros and cons

Its a great phone. I just got it yesterday. Its really thin, and the internet pictures make it look thicker and wider then it really is. The swivel feature is cool, but its kind of awkward to talk on the phone while its up in the T shape. I love the high tech world clock and the blue tool bars instead of the ugly red ones. The tip calculator was a great add, and I will find it useful. The pictures and video quality is amazing, and I love that you can video tape for more then an hour. I definitly recommend this phone. 9.6/10

D
posted on 22 Apr 2007, 00:15

This is why LG is Hot!

LG has done it again. This MULTIMEDIA COMMUNICATOR is excellent in: design, signal, features, sound, and tv is real time no streaming, CAUTION do not watch while driving.

I'm Joel
posted on 30 Mar 2007, 12:47

Great phone..the rest.....

Ok, I've been using this phone for almost a week now...

If I just rate it on being a phone, it's outstanding...great signal, loud speaker quality, bluetooth makes wireless headsets possible. Voice dialing works pretty well without having to record voice tags ahead of time.

The Good:

The signal is outstanding! Has not dropped a call in my home where as my last LG vx8000 dropped calls regularly.

Great screen....it's large rotating screen is crystal clear and when rotated is much better when using the web browser.

The micro SD is great...you can easily transfer video's, pictures, and music from your computer to the phone....You can use Verizon's Backup Assistant to backup, and edit your phone book, on the phone or online, but not with the micro SD card...but Backup Assistant works great! This saves you when you change phones!

Decent size keypad that have a good feel and clear movement to know when you've pushed the number down.

Bluetooth works well, and I even printed straight to my Kodak 500 printer! That's a niiice!

THE BAD:

The keypad lighting fades to the right so you can't see all the letters next to each number in low or no light. This makes it harder to Text message.

Ringers can't be transfered from your computer on the micro SD card...Obviously designed that way by Verizon so you have to pay for ringer downloads, or .25 cents to email them over to the phone (Hint: You can send several in one email message and save em to the phone as ringers.)

The camera is...

lee
posted on 28 Mar 2007, 17:40

the SHIIIZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

i just bought this phone out right and switched from a q and this phones os is unbelievable..plus im in denver and the mobile tv work really well....i recomend this model over any other even if you are not using the tv...great reception....just a crazy sweet phone