LG Thrive User Reviews

Text input9.1/10
Everyday usage9.2/10
UI speed8.4/10

xLoloz
posted on 14 Jan 2014, 18:22 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Jan 2014)

LG Thrive review (2014)

xLoloz has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The LG Thrive is overall a really great smartphone. Besides the tiny screen and semi-poor camera, there is no phone in its category that beats it. If you are looking for a side device to play media or browse the web, definitely check out the LG Thrive.

Build quality 10/10 Very durable, extremely well built phone.
Call quality 8/10 not the sharpest, definitely nothing to complain about.
Everyday usage 10/10 for it's time, i wouldn't have wanted any other phone
Text input 10/10 Google Keyboard doe
Display 8/10 pixel density isn't the greatest but the colors are good looking.
Battery 9/10 extremely happy with the thrive's battery.

Pros

• Well built.
  • Good battery.

Cons

• Small screen. (not a con for everyone)
  • Not-so-stellar camera.

taradise73
posted on 11 Dec 2011, 20:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)

LOVE IT!

taradise73 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I love this phone. Got it at Radioshack for $129 after having the at&t Avail for two weeks. Didn't like so I exchanged for the LG thrive. I am loving it and already seeing a big difference. It has everything I need and the $50 unlimited plan covers everything unlimited uncluding the data. I have great reception and already using my wifi because of where I live and also have used the navigation. Love, love it.

Pros

• Battery life, fast, predictive text, navigation, etc.

ralf001
posted on 25 Nov 2011, 00:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)

Great phone/ help me save money with Skype

ralf001 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I recently bought this phone to replace my old blackberry...
I was satisfied with it since the first day I started to use it...
All the applications work very well... I also use it to make unlimited call all over USA and Canada with "Skype" for only $2.99 per month including my "Caller ID". And this makes me save a lot of money on phone call...:)
If you wanna do the same as me all you have to do is to download the Skype application on android market, then purchase a subscription on Skype then you'll be free to call....
One thing I don't like with this phone is the camera...
It doesn't have any key for the camera... as a result, I'm having difficulties to take picture of myself..:(
After that this is a great phone for the price... :)

Camera 6/10 The phone doesn't have a special key for the camera...:( therefore I'm having difficulties when I have to take a picture of myself..
Battery 8/10 The battery doesn't last so long...

mjmontinat
posted on 11 Sep 2011, 08:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)

Lg Thrive is missing info

mjmontinat has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

OK, so i have this phone and love it.
i hate how its the same exact phone as the lg optimus from metropcs but its a good phone.
i guess i love it so much cause i had the huawei ascend.
anyways im posting this because the specs does not have all the listings. this phone has exactly everything the lg optimus has from metropcs.
so for anyone else interested. it has more stuff then stuff listed in specs.
and keep in mind the lg optimus from metro runs on 1x. with att you get 3g.
3g is faster and you can surf the web while on the phone talking to another party.

Pros

• AT&T

Cons

• If you don't know the work around you wil have to pay for data usage seperate from rate plan.

co1ect
posted on 08 Aug 2011, 15:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)

co1ect has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

bought the phone almost 3 months ago, i usualy go through phones every 2 months. at first i figured the phone would break the first time i droped it but ive droped it 200 times im sure and its not broken yet. i love this phone in every way accept the main board memory is low. but besides that i love the phone.

Pros

• amazing phone

Cons

• main board memory

Dav33
posted on 07 Aug 2011, 12:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 May 2011)

Awesome Prepaid Smartphone!

Dav33 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is my first smartphone, and it is amazing! The phone design is great, and the features are great as well! I bought it a week ago from an AT&T retailer, and found the price to be pretty great for a smartphone(Only $179). It also came with a 2gb SD card(which I don't need, because I already have a 4gb SD card) which was great. One thing I liked the most was the fact that it has WiFi, and a browser. I don't have a data plan(waste of money), so this comes in handy when I want to download apps. The only downside is the low amount of memory that is in the phone(160 MB), because some of the apps can't be moved to the SD card. Which means, I can't have that many apps on the phone. :( Besides that, it is a good phone!

Build quality 8/10 Nide design. Feels okay in the hand. Really slippery backing, so you have to be careful! I bought a case for mine(which is the same case as the LG Phoenix) and it feels a lot better, and has a better grip to it!
Reception 9/10 I get great service whereever I go. Even at my aunts where service is hard to find! I find AT&T's service better than Verizon's.
Call quality 8/10 I have never really made a call with this phone because I use it primarily for texting.
Internet 9/10 Good internet when using WiFi. I have not tried it with a data package, but I recogn that it is the same, or bettter.
Multimedia 10/10 Listening to music is great on this phone, and easy to do! The media player on it is comparable to a MP3 player, and had a neat interface.
Camera 9/10 The camera was better than I thought, being one of the best I have ever seen on a mobile phone.
UI speed 7/10 The UI speed is a litttle laggy upon startup, but once the phone has been on for a while, it gets a little better.
Everyday usage 9/10 Great for an everyday phone!
Text input 8/10 I like the virtual keyboard. It can be laggy at times, but you will always end up typing what you meant to type. Though, I would recommend turning Auto correct off, it gets very annoying at times.
Display 10/10 Crystal clear graphics, and great text!
Battery 7/10 I was a little bummed with battery(only lasting one day). Which is a big differece since I switched from a phone that had a battery life of up to three days. But, I think all Android phones are like that, because they are practically a portable computer.

Pros

• Amazing Display
  • WiFi Compatible
  • Nice Virtual Keyboard
  • Android Smartphone
  • Better Coverage than Verizon

• Low Internal Battery
  • Not able to move most apps to the SD card

Dave
posted on 06 Aug 2011, 08:51

Outstanding in its category

Dave has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Bought this prepaid GoPhone to replace my old feature phone that broke cuz I didnt want to pay so much for contract phone... I swapped the sim card and it was ready to go... I just fell in love instantly, from a old fashioned feature phone to this, Android 2.2.1 its a big upgrade for me... The HVGA capacitive touchscreen combined with the 600 Mhz processor, very responsive, NO sluggishness whatsoever. OVERALL is worth the price!

country life> city life
posted on 21 Jul 2011, 16:32

amazing phone

country life> city life has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

this phone is amazing. the lg thrive is atts first android go phone but is better than many contract android phones. for the price of this phone its a steal. the phones made excellent lg and att did great. the call quality is great. this is a very good phone on the very best network for a very cheap price

Pros

Cons

• nothing

Donald D. Hoefer
posted on 23 May 2011, 02:17

Best no contract 3g smartphone for $150

Donald D. Hoefer has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought this to replace a broken Blackberry because I didn't want to play $400-500 to ATT for a phone in between contracts. Just swapped out the sim and I now I have a far superior phone. It runs Android 2.2.1 so it's very responsive even with a 600 Mhz processor. The screen is not as good as an iPhone4 or Atrix or Captivate, but it's 1/4 the price.

This phone will hold is value because it's so cheap. If you take good care of it with a decent case and screen protector, you will definitely be able to resell it for over $100 next year and trade up to a better model. Smart phones are like computers, you will always be able to get cheaper and better every year.

*** P.S. If you will buy this Smartphone I suggest at: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W83SWI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=phonearena.com-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B004W83SWI

Pros

• Droid is a great OS, and open source.
  • Decent phone for $150 with no long term contract.
  • AT&T's service for porting my old number and filling the phone has been excellent.
  • The coverage is probably second only to Verizon.
  • It's not with Apple who ripped us off with in app purchases and forces DRM on your content.

Cons

• Micro USB connector is non standard so you may need new chargers.
  • 2 GB Micro SD will probably need to be replaced for most MP3 & Navigation purposes.
  • Smart phone battery life is not like a regular phone.