LG Swift User Reviews

Victoria
posted on 10 Apr 2010, 12:31

Its Okay

If your looking for something simple this is it. But if you really want to do something with your phone its a waste of time if you want to do something with your phone. It says it has so many features but you cant use them. I was so excited it had games with it but it turns out you had to buy the games separate. I would maybe recommend this to people for their starter phone. I enjoy texting on it because its fast and simple but I hate it when i try to type and another message pops up! Its okay for a decent phone though.

Pros

• Good Fast Texting

Cons

• Pop Ups

ole
posted on 13 Feb 2010, 23:19

not real impressed

I am on my 2nd swift the first on lost a bunch of my phone numbers and music files. then over heated so much that it started to smoke. I turned it in for warranty and got a new one this one is ok but gets very warm if I am in a no signal area and if the battery is dying it beeps and makes the lights come on only killing the battery faster I would like these issues looked in to if lg is going to keep making phones.

Jammy Lawson
posted on 03 Feb 2010, 12:40

My Review

The phone suxs over all.
Its a waste of money dont buy it
the 6 shortcut keys are usless unless you have the internet.
The realtone jukebox freezes up my phone all the time it makes no sense for it to do that just by clicking on it.
The upside is that you can IM text on it while listening to music but the music does stop when you get an imcoming text message. [understandable]
the camera is good quality. thats another plus to it.

Pros

• Can text while listening to music
  • good quality pictures

Cons

• cant see texts on front
  • have to buy ringtones
  • freezes up
  • cant hear LOW quality sound

Mckayla
posted on 04 Oct 2009, 11:22

Better than nothing

This is a nice phone, better than not having a cell phone at all. I have noticed that the battery doesn't last very long, but that isn't something that bothers me. It does overheat as well while I'm texting, but it could be worse. One of the only things that really bothered me was that you have to actually buy the games in order to play them. I would've liked it more if at least came with one game for free.As for the picture quality, I've seen better, but it's still has fairly good quality.The menu is very stylish, and I really like the variety of ringtones it already has.All in all, I really like this phone. :)

Pros

• better-than-average picture quality, stylish menu, good variety of ringtones, Celltop

Cons

• Small problem of overheating, little-bit-better-than-average battery life, buying the games

posted on 28 Aug 2009, 18:01

THIS PHONE SHOULDNT EVEN BE ALLOWED TO BE CALLED A PHONE

i hate this phone so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the first day that i got it i called someone to make sure it was working and when i checked my calls log it said No ID January something and to this day it continues to do this, the battery dies quick and the phone overheats a lot when im texting while its not charging or on the phone talking to people. i would suggest you not to get this phone and try your best to get anything other than this. this may be the worst phone LG has made yet.

Pros

• nothing

Cons

• pretty much everything it freezes dies quick bad quality poor pictures bad sound

LFog
posted on 09 Jul 2009, 11:56

Connected all by itself and cost me minutes

I got my first one of these in February of 2009. I loved the style, and some of the features. I REALLY wanted this phone to work for me! I noticed after the first few days that when it was laid down on the table unplugged from the charger the lights on it just came on all by themselves. I opened the phone and the arrows were on as if it was connected to something. I tried turning it totally off, removing the battery etc and putting it back together but at least once every fiove mins or so it did it again. When I got my next bill I looked and it was doing some data connection all by itself all day all night and cost me over 60 dollars in overages on my bill. Alltel did adjust my bill and I got a new one of this phone. Two days later the same thing, connecting by itself.

As I said I REALLY liked the phone so I got two more of them sent to me to replace it they ALL did this!
Running down my battery, and using my minutes and who knows what it was connecting too. I did not have any backup or reason to have it connect like that.

So after four times of entering my numbers and changing my settings and getting my email set up on each phone I finally gave up.

Pros

• Style design P2E buttons

Cons

• Connects by itself and used minutes and battery life,

JDM69
posted on 16 Mar 2009, 19:39

DO NOT buy this terrible excuse of a phone.

I purchased this phone around Christmas time 08 as my old Razr V3m stopped working.  I was ensured by the salesman that this phone was better than the razr in every way.  Boy was he way off.
The only thing this phone has going for it is the screen and the basic design, everything else is pure rubish.
Trying to hear someone on the other end of the phone was next to impossible.  I found myself pressing the phone into my ear just to make sense of what the other person was saying.  The ringtone volume level, even when set at max can barely be heard.  I missed calls all of the time because the phone rang in my pocket, and couldn't be heard.  So set it to vibrate, and clear that problem, right?  Nope, the vibrate function on this phone is worthless, and I always missed my calls, even when in my pocket.  So here we have a phone that pretty much ensures you miss all of your calls unless it is in the same room as you, or you happen to be looking at it when someone is calling.  Great!
Next, the battery life on this phone is doesn't exist.  I now know why they called this phone the Swift, and that is because it swiftly eats through the battery before you even get to use the phone.  The phone is rated for 140hrs of standby time, and 180 minutes of talk time, which is a straight up lie.  The real rated numbers by experience is as follows: 24hr standby time, 1hr talk time.  These times are at BEST.  I've had the phone...

Pros

• Screen and general layout

Cons

• Terrible battery life
  • Bad ear piece volume
  • Erratic behavior
  • Can't set MP3s as ringtones
  • No brightness adjustment
  • Everything else

znurtdog
posted on 01 Mar 2009, 23:11

Terrible sound

Good screen, good camera (except the lens pos. makes it too easy to get your index finger in the pic) but a TERRIBLE phone. If you, like me, want to actually have a conversation with a human via phone, do not get this one! Callers sound muffled and hard to understand..remember "can you hear me now?"  I didn't return in 14 days and am now stuck with this pos.

Pros

• screen

Cons

• cannot understand callers!

musicmangd
posted on 03 Jan 2009, 09:56

2.3

Newer definitely isn't better

After reading articles in which some stated this phone was an updated version of the LG Wave, which is one of the best phones I have ever owned, I decided to give this one a shot. The 2 stars I gave it are pretty much for the very nice, large clear and crisp displays and for the very decent camera and music player. After that, however, the honeymoon is over.The reception on this phone doesn't seem to be as good as the Wave or the Samsung Hue, and the bars have a habit of fluctuating rapidly but fotunately doesn't seem to cause any trouble foe making calls.LG, in its infinite stupidity decided to include the absolute bottom of the barrel battery with this phone. Even with minimal usage between talking and text you will probably be down to one bar by the end of the day leaving you with the choice of charging it every night or risk the battery dying half way through the next day.(I wish I could find out why LG makes holsters and extended batteries for Verizon LG phones, but Alltel's get nothing.)In terms of sound quality, the Wave had it all. Clear sound and loud earpiece, ringer and speakerphone volumes. The Swift fails on just about all of these levels. Ringer volume is way too low and if you are not in the same room as the phone, it will barely be heard or not heard at all. If you are outdoors and even in slightly noisy environments then forget about it unless you have it on vibrate which of pretty decent strength. The earpiece volume is another disappointment. More often than...

Pros

• Nice looking screens
  • Very sturdy phone
  • Nice vibrate
  • Good reception

Cons

• Poor earpiece volume
  • Very poor ringer volume
  • Shrill speakerphone
  • Crippled as most of the lastest phones are
  • Can't set your own mp3's as ringtones of course
  • Can't view recent calls or text messages on outer display

posted on 24 Dec 2008, 11:48

Very Good Phone

The LG swift is a very good phone. The camera is very bright and takes good pictures. It comes with 36 ringtones already set up. It has good graphics and nice tools such as a tip calc. alarm, calc, and music player. I have the blue one and the color is excellent. I would definantly reccomend this phone!!!!!