LG Motion 4G User Reviews

Text input7.5/10
Camera8.2/10
Multimedia8.5/10

belieber1996
posted on 02 Mar 2014, 00:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 May 2013)

Great Phone from MetroPCS

belieber1996 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The LG Motion was probably one of the most popular phones on Metro a few years back. The LG UI and Android 4.0 were a great fit for the motion. The snappy processor and the camera quality made the phone even more appealing. The only problems I experienced with the phone is the visibility of pixelation everywhere (unless you turned the brightness up), and the battery life can be improved.

Build quality 7/10 Feels a little cheap.
Camera 10/10 The 5 MP camera has great quality and 1080P camcorder.
UI speed 10/10 Extremely responsive phone for it's size.
Text input 8/10 I don't quite prefer the LG Keyboard.
Battery 8/10 The battery lasts about 8-10 hours daily with a little usage here and there.

Pros

• 5 MP Camera
  • Full HD Camcorder
  • Extremely Snappy Processor
  • Android 4.0

Cons

• Battery could be slightly improved
  • The display is very pixelated
  • Feels a little cheap

belieber1996 alternatives:

natish92
posted on 18 Jan 2014, 22:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)

I love my motion

natish92 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about for months . The only trouble i ever had with itwas when i first got it. I died it about twice. My hard case broke and my charging port became loose.i took it to metro pcs and they provided me with a replacement. I once called to complain about how fast my data got used up I told metro it could be right they have me another 250mb of data.. My phone works perfect on internet. It's quick with wifi and when i have 4g. I spend allot of time on Netflix and i never have trouble with it. I think the other purple in this website who hated theirs probably just got damaged goods. The first lg motion i had was bought on Ebay and that one worked great too.

Build quality 8/10 The gorilla glad prevents any scratching. But the charging port can get loosened by just a couple drops.
Reception 9/10 Calls only drop when i have no bars. Which is very rare.
Internet 10/10 Fast internet service. Even with 4g service slowed down.
Multimedia 9/10 Sometimes mms messages can take a while to send.
UI speed 10/10 Fast on the internet
Text input 8/10 Auto correct can really mess up a message sometimes.
Display 9/10 A bit small
Battery 7/10 I bring my charger with me everywhere. I'm always charging.

Pros

• great internet service
  • scratch resistant screen
  • take decent pictures and has time catch shot feature.
  • great reception

Cons

• small screen
  • battery doesn't last long
  • delay sending multimedia messages

Swagg422
posted on 22 Oct 2013, 01:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)

Swagg422 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Got this phone around new years for about $50. At first was smaller than i was used to but was easy to carry around so i didn't mind. Phone is built very good, i drop it atleast once a day on hard serfaces with no case and have yet to have the sceen crack. Batter is good for the size of the phone last me most of the day with medium use. Calls are always clear and good when i'm in good reception areas. The site has 2 of the specs wrong. Phones comes OC at 1.5mhz and front facing camera is a 2.0mp not a 0.3

Call quality 9/10 Get good quality calls even when phone reads no bars.
Camera 9/10 camer takes great photos and 1080p video looks great.
Everyday usage 9/10 Battery life is great for a 3.5 in with a 1700mah battery.
Display 7/10 small and doesn't do well in outside settings
Battery 8/10 Battery life is great for a 3.5 in with a 1700mah battery.

Pros

• Fast processor
  • Great UI
  • Great Price

• Small battery
  • Display is lacking

CRYSMONIQ
posted on 30 Aug 2013, 01:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)

LG MOTION 4G FROM METRO PCS

CRYSMONIQ has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I BASICALLY HAVE THE SAME EXACT ISSUES AS "krktoday" BUT THIS WEEK IT'S GOTTEN EVEN MORE ERRATIC. I WOKE UP TO A WARNING MESSAGE SAYING MY MICRO SD CARD WAS REMOVED UNEXPECTEDLY AND MAY BE DAMAGED. IT WAS NEVER TAKEN OUT WHICH I KNEW. BASICALLY IT POPPED UP WITH THE SAME MESSAGE EVERY FEW HOURS FOR 2 DAYS STRAIGHT. EACH TIME IT WOULD RECTIFY THE SO-CALLED UNEXPECTED REMOVAL. NOW THERE IS NO INDICATION THAT MY SD CARD EVEN EXISTS. AND I CAN'T GET ANY OTHER PHONE TO READ IT. MY MOTOROLA SECURE DIGITAL SYNC READER WON'T READ IT EITHER. BASICALLY THE LG MOTION 4G HAS DESTROYED MY SD CARD. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS WITH ANY OTHER PHONES. MY PHONE DEFINITELY DOESN'T RING. CALLS GO STRAIGHT TO VOICEMAIL. SOMETIMES THE BACK LIGHT DOESN'T TURN OFF UNLESS I RESTART THE PHONE. CALLS DROP EVERY FEW MINUTES. AT FIRST THE PHONE JUST KEPT DELETING FILES, MUSIC, VIDEOS & ETC FROM MY SD CARD AND NOW THERE HAS BEEN PERMANENT DAMAGE TO MY SD CARD AND NOW IT'S NO LONGER WORKING AT ALL. I'VE HAD THIS PHONE FOR 9 MONTHS. IT'S STARTED FLIPPING OUT AFTER 5 OR 6 MONTHS. I TOTALLY REGRET BUYING THIS PHONE. MY NEW ONE WILL BE HERE TUESDAY, BUT I JUST HOPE I DON'T HAVE TOO MANY ISSUES WITH IT. IT'S THE NOKIA LUMIA 521. METRO PCS/T-MOBILE. WISH ME LUCK LOL

Build quality 1/10 IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER BECAUSE THE PHONE SEEMS TO HAVE TOO MANY PROBLEMS TO HAVE ANY PROS. HONESTLY THE ONLY POSITIVE THINGS I HAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS PHONE WAS 5GB OF INTERNAL MEMORY & INTERNET QUALITY. BUT I USE WI-FI 99% OF THE TIME. 4G ISN'T ALWAYS FAST ENOUGH.
Reception 1/10 CALLS DROP
Call quality 1/10 IN AND OUT
Internet 10/10 FAST WITH WI-FI

krktoday
posted on 16 Aug 2013, 17:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)

metro pcs has terrible service and I have had nothing but problems with this phone

krktoday has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have had this phone for 3 months. The last two months I have not been able to send text messages with pictures nor can I send a text if it goes into the mms. It says sending forever and doesn't send or it says message expired. my phone only rings half the time when I get a call. The other half it goes straight to voicemail. It drops calls so often I got a house phone for important calls.It doesn't notify me of emails at all. Not even a number of emails on the screen. I have to push the email icon and then my emails begin loading. In the past two months I have taken the phone to be serviced 15 times. It has been reset plenty and that is pretty much all they know how to do. They fiddle with it hand it back tell me it is fixed every single time I go in and it never is. Not once have they offered to replace it. One worker told me this is normal for the LG Motion and he is probably the only one truthful with me. Even if they did replace it they would just give me a used phone that someone finally got them to take bad because of all the problems. been there done that with all their phones. Before this phone I had the LG esteem. I paid 464.00 for it and accessories and had so much trouble with it a year later they told me the phone is junk and I should just buy a new one which is how I ended up with the motion

Reception 5/10 cuts off constantly during phone calls
Call quality 2/10 drops calls
Internet 10/10 great internet coverage
Multimedia 7/10 good video
Camera 5/10 fuzzy pictures
UI speed 10/10 very fast on the internet
Everyday usage 2/10 after two months the phone suddenly stopped notifying me of phone calls and emails
Text input 2/10 can not any longer send pictures through text nor can I text once I hit mms. It says sending forever or message deleted
Display 5/10 image good inside a building. Outside can't see anything
Battery 5/10 battery drains in about 4 hours without even touching the phone

Pros

• the internet is fast and clear.

Cons

• I cannot get notifications of emails and my phone doesn't ring with all my calls. I cannot send texts with pictures nor can I send text if I go into mms. I have had this phone back to metro 15 times in 3 months and each time they act like this is so unusual then they fiddle with it and tell me it is fixed and it never is. One worker actually told me this is normal for the LG Motion. He was probably the only one being truthful with me. Not once have they offered to exchange it but even if they did all they do is give you a used phone with previous problems. and they charge shipping on the exchange. i would not recommend this phone to anyone. There also is no way to add or take away anything on my sd card. I have asked everyone there if there is a way to find my sd card on it and no one has any idea how to find it

metalmaniac
posted on 13 Dec 2012, 15:43 (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 May 2011)

This phone makes me happy!

metalmaniac has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just bought it, and let me tell you, I was truly impressed that for 149.99 with no contract I was able to get a phone that packs more power that my old photon 4g, and is running ICS, shame on you motorola! It also reacts very fluidly, and as far as the 4g, I really only use it on wifi. Great phone, great job LG!

Build quality 10/10 looks pretty solid
Internet 10/10 it has chrome!!!
UI speed 10/10 super fluid
Text input 6/10 I have thick fingers, small space to type, many typos
Display 6/10 it is only ok, at 3.5" and 320 x 480, it has a low pixel density.

Pros

• processor
  • ram
  • android version

Cons

• low resolution

m.mitch21
posted on 15 Nov 2012, 18:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)

Great Phone!

m.mitch21 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I absolutely love this phone. Super fast, great camera, nice looking, comes with ICS, on a prepaid carrier with unlimited talk, text and 4g web for $55. The more I use this phone the more I fall in love with it. You really get a bang for your buck with this thing!

Pros

• Cam, camcorder, cpu speed, battery, 4g

Bugleje
posted on 10 Nov 2012, 01:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)

LG Motion 4G

Bugleje has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought this phone and thought it was fun while it lasted. After 3 hours of having the phone it started reading a Warning that called for the genuine battery. I had not touched the battery at all since the guys at MetroPCS put it in. I am taking it in to hopefully get a new one free of charge because I did enjoy the phone from the 3 hours I got to use it

Build quality 1/10 The phone broke down after 3 hours due to not having a "genuine battery" when it had the original battery inside.
Reception 9/10 From the use I got out of the phone the reception seemed really good and clear
Call quality 9/10 From the use I got out of the phone the Call Quality seemed really good and clear
Internet 8/10 I enjoyed the web capabilities on this phone especially using Google Chrome
Multimedia 9/10 I enjoyed the music played and it was very responsive.
Camera 10/10 I absolutely loved the camera for it had a front and rear facing camera that looked really nice when taking photographs
UI speed 8/10 I liked the User Interface speed because this phone was responsive and I had no lag while using it.
Everyday usage 5/10 I cannot comment here, so this is a neutral rating.
Text input 7/10 I find the text input like any other type of android out there
Display 9/10 The display looked really nice to me.
Battery 1/10 The battery put this phone to an end, and I find that the need for a genuine battery is stupid.

outtosea00
posted on 31 Oct 2012, 10:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)

What a GREAT phone!!!

outtosea00 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is just so fast. Apps download super fast. Camera is a 5mp with flash that rocks. If you are looking for a great phone this is must have phone. I will be getting my gf one in a few weeks.

Pros

• Fast Processor
  • 4.0 Icecream sandwich
  • Reponse

Cons

• Needs to Come in Red and Black

silento
posted on 26 Oct 2012, 18:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)

not bad

silento has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

it's really nice for its price , i really recomde this product to someone needs a nice cellphone for a cheap price, it has the newst platform , and it's really useful for the internet, it's just the right device for this amount of money

jeremy0522
posted on 13 Oct 2012, 09:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)

Love this phone!!

jeremy0522 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have owned this phone for about more than a month now and I can say that I am very happy with what this phone has to offer. The camera is amazing, one of the best cameras I have used on a phone yet. The processor is SUPER fast, especially when you're using wifi & have a strong signal. So I can browse the internet with no problem. The screen is a bit small, but its about the same size as a iPhone so what does it matter? I would prefer this phone for any new customer from metroPCS.

Pros

• Fast Processor
  • Android 4.0
  • Reponse

cwebster218
posted on 27 Sep 2012, 11:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)

I love it!

cwebster218 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is an awesome phone an you won't have much to complain about with this one.
( Unless you're super picky ) The video quality is awesome. The pictures are pretty decent. It's crazy fast. A very nice size and feel to it. The back has a nice rough feel so it's not slippery to the touch.

di3g0
posted on 10 Sep 2012, 16:11 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)

LG motion 4G AWESOME!!!

di3g0 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I feel that it is underpriced for the quality that you get.....the 1080p true hd video capture is amazing. It is very fast. the front faceing camera seems slighty washed out but is still pretty good. Downloads apps really fast. It is very light doesnt even feel like i'm holding anything. It is an amazing phone for it's price.

Pros

• 1080p video
  • 5mp with flash
  • 1.2 dual core
  • 0.3 front faceing camera
  • loud speaker