LG Lotus User Reviews

Anton Kucinski
posted on 15 Oct 2010, 22:47

Still love the design!!!

This is an update to an earlier review. Sprint upgraded me to a Blackberry Tour (9630) when they couldn't get push e-mail working on the Lotus. Yes, the BBerry OS is clearly superior to that of the Lotus and I now have the push e-mail my job requires. However, the Tour is so much bigger and heavier than the Lotus and the Tour's screen is only marginally better. The Lotus was so small and light I often thought I'd lost it because i couldn't feel it in my pocket.  The Lotus has a better keyboard and the same size screen in a much smaller and lighter package. I wish I could take my Tour's innards and put it into the Lotus' body. Btw, I've played with the Lotus Elite and feel it is NOT an improvement over the original. As much as love the performance of my Tour I still feel that the original Lotus is the best designed phone I've ever come across. I hope the upcoming Sprint BBerry 9670 (Oxford) will fulfill my fantasy of a BBerry's brain in a Lotus' body.

Pros

• Everything about the design.
  • The screen is HUGE compared to the size and weight of the phone.
  • The keyboard is great for people (like me) who have fat fingers.

Cons

• No push e-mail.
  • Battery life is not the best, but no worse than my BBerry Tour's

Melissa89
posted on 29 May 2010, 15:20

great quality phone

I've had this phone for over a year now, and I have to say it's the only cell phone that meets my needs and expectations.

The one thing that bothers me the most is how short the battery life is. Granted I use text and facebook on it quite a bit, I find myself having to charge it once or twice a day at the least. I recently got the phone replaced because of this, and it seems to be working much better now. Another complaint is that if I receive a text as I'm typing a text to someone else, the text sends to BOTH the person it was intended for and the person who texted me as I was typing it. This happens so often that I've gotten into the habit of double checking who I'm sending the text to before I send them. I have had minor problems with the phone freezing or spazzing out, and the end button seems to be a bit touchy and sometimes the phone turns off easily when using the end button for other things. Also, it's hard to use the web on this phone because most of the sites load as if they were on a regular computer, which cuts off half the webpage making it impossible to read. I've also noticed recently that when using the scheduler/calendar feature, the alerts don't always go off when I have them set as reminders.

There are a lot of things I'll miss about this phone when I eventually get a new one. I've gotten used to having the personalized weather feature on the home screen which really comes in handy (this is an optional feature). I really...

Pros

• very easy to switch between tasks, lots of great features that work, easy to use

Cons

• short battery life, sends text to multiple contacts, hard to read web pages

anton
posted on 27 May 2010, 21:34

Awesome if you don't need push e-mail

I loved everything about the design of this phone except for the lack of push e-mail. I downloaded Opera mini 4.2 and it was awesome on the 'net. I had FOUR of these. I could have lived with the software ghosts but getting e-mails HOURS after they were sent was a deal-breaker for me. If it weren't for the e-mail problem, I'd still own one. Yes, the design is that good. I hope the keyboard designer got a HUGE bonus.

Pros

• screen
  • keyboard
  • internet with Opera 4.2

Cons

• 'Push' e-mail has delays of hours

Stephanie Jahn
posted on 27 Jan 2010, 21:18

LG Lotus

Let me tell you i have been getting phones left and right because they dont work right. As far as the lotus I LOVE IT! I only had one problem with it since i had it but since then its been great. I wouldnt trade it till it takes a ***.

Pros

• the size is perfect

Cons

• text buttons are small hard to text

Thomas Doty
posted on 30 Nov 2009, 23:24

The LOTUS is pretty good but has some errors

I recently got an LG Lotus and i was very happy with my purchase, because it had fast internet good text messaging, and the mp3 feature had amazing sound. A few days ago my phone started glitching, like i cant record any sound in the voice record feature or in the video feature. Just today it started to not let me into the picture mail folder and the internet started to run really slow. The lotus is a good phone but it might be just mine that started glitching. I reccomend getting this phone but ask about common problems THEN make the choice if you wabt it or not.

Pros

• the mp3 feature is really clear and the youtube app is fast and really clear.

Cons

• It could start glitching after a while.

Eric Jacobs
posted on 07 Nov 2009, 10:56

Better than a touchscreen.

I had one of the $550 HTC Touch Diamonds and the freakin' thing was just a nasty hastle all the time. Poor battery life, basically the whole thing is just a screen, so you have to be delicate with it, if one was to drop the HTC touch diamond, then one would be screwed. And the touchscreens never seem to have enough memory; very slow creatures.HOWEVER! I downgraded from the fancy lifestyle of touchscreen smartphones and went to the LG Lotus. I have never been very disappointed in the LG brand name, and this phone doesn't let me fall. I use the phone primarily for texting, calls, and internet.This is a great phone, and I don't plan to change phones from LG for a long time.I have had it for 5 months, for some reason it just started having some issues with randomly turning off. But those things happen with plenty of phones. I know plenty of people with LG phones who haven't had these kinds of problems. I am getting a new one.Cons, because I know it's what you want to see.Not always, not even most of the time, but sometimes when I text someone, the letters on the screen lag behind what I am saying, it usually happens more if I am texting long messages on the internet.Certain sites not developed for mobile phones with mobile views will cut about 1/5 of the side of the screen off. As I said, I have been using the internet on it for a while, and as long as you can gues a word or two that may be off to the side on some sites, then it won't be a problem.

Pros

• -Small, but will open up to a pretty good size screen.
  • -No lack of memory like a lot of HTC's smartphones.
  • -Sweet for texting.
  • -3G

Cons

• -Sometimes text on screen lags behind actual text speed.
  • -Sometimes doesn't fit complete internet site on the display.

posted on 19 Sep 2009, 18:26

I really like my Lotus i have had it replaced once because when i flipped it open it would hang up on my caller....i also wish it was a touchscreen device because the screen is so big.... but overall i really love the phn....

Pros

• features
  • size of screen
  • qwerty keypad

Cons

• not a touchscreen
  • small glitches

brandon's new review
posted on 08 Aug 2009, 18:41

new review

i posted a review on this phone and now i take evrything back ive had 7of these!! yes 7 replacements! they suck they shut off they delete pix out of nowhere! dont get me wrong this is the coolest phone ever but it has wayyy 2many bugs im gona get a samsung exclaim thats the best!

Pros

• features
  • keybord

Cons

• dam glitches!!!!!!

koppy
posted on 19 Jun 2009, 13:31

Lotus

Phone has great features, although started to have a problem when opening the phone.  Sprint replaced it after a month of use.  The display was getting distored and scrambled up.  I understand it has something to do with the ribbon cable that connects the two flip halves together.  Good reception, good features.  Sprint took care of the problem though by replacing free of charge.

Pros

• stylish, features

Cons

• malfunctioned < 1 month.

wooya!
posted on 07 Jun 2009, 19:36

pretty good phone.

The lg lotus is a great phone, but for me it has some minor cons.. Sprints one click carosel isnt that good, but its manageable. I like how you can put the messaging and any other tile any where you want. Lg has made this phone look like its made for music, but really it's not so good. the memory card it comes with doesnt hold that much stuff, and the headphone jack is only 2.5, not like 3.5 which ur used to on ur ipods, psps, and what not. And texting, well lets just say its great, if your not into texting that much. I had the phone for a while, about 3 weeks... and i still didnt realy get used to the QWERTY. yes, the keys are easy to use and navigate and what not, but there is a major problem i caught. When your texting, if your fast enough, the keyboard sometimes not keep up. It can get REALLY annoying. For example, while typing all letters of the word FUNNY it wuld only type FUNY.. or trying to say HAHAHA, it wuld only type... HAHAA. But all in all i really like the form factor of thise phone, the batery i never had a problem with, and the screen is big, which satisfies you every time you open it.

Pros

• -Form factor
  • -big screen
  • -easy to use
  • -QWERTY is easy to type with.

Cons

• the only thing i dont like about this phone is the typing cannot keep up with you if your pretty fast at typing.
  • -also, im not the biggest fan of sprints. "one-click carousel"

Eric Jacobs (certified tech.)
posted on 27 May 2009, 17:31

Better than HTC touch DIAMOND

I had 2 htc phones, one was the original touch and one was the touch diamond. I grew to hate the original because it did not have enough memory to run quickly, so then I picked up the $550 htc touch diamond a few months after. The phone had no quick and easy way of locking it, so I would just not lock it, especially since I pulled it out of my pocket every few minutes to text. I found that I called a few people from my pocket. I also had a problem with the crappy battery life. Smartphones are charge guzzlers.
I downgraded to the nice little LG Lotus. It looks like the keys are too small at first, but they are not, and the screen is not at all small. The battery life is great, usually by the end of the day I still have a full battery sign.  Of course the phone locks, and the keys are great. I like my lotus so much more than either of my htc "smart" phones.

Pros

• 1.Neat keypad
  • 2.Long lasting battery life
  • 3.Don't have to worry about it like I do with a $550 smart phone.

Cons

• 1.Not a lot of choices in terms of cover accessories.

dam
posted on 25 May 2009, 16:51

The LG Lotus!

LG and Sprint sure sprung something with this phone. I think it is the BEST PHONE Sprint has on the market to this day. Going from the Samsung Rant to this was a HUGE improvment. I hated everything about the Rant. They feel of the keyboard, the texting, and the calling. Now, the Lotus, this is a fine piece of work. I have officially had it for a week and im in love with it!! I love everything from the full QWERTY keyboard to the call quality and the design. I would recommend this phone to anyone who is looking for a new phone although kinda on the pricey side.

Pros

• design
  • full QWERTY keyboard
  • call quality
  • texting
  • web
  • and everything else.

Cons

• at this point nothing.

Brandon Colon
posted on 02 May 2009, 17:14

super great phone

the phone is perfect lacking only the fact that calll quality is'nt super terrific its not bad though. i wanted a touch screen but this phone has everything i wanted the carosel is kinda stupid this phone is the best phone sprint has to offer for 2008. keyboard is great. this camera is super hi-def for 2.0 the best mp3 for any phone ive ever played. I sold my ipod after i got this phone. i'm 13 years old and everybody loves my phone i have the phone in black and it looks alot better in person than in pictures

Pros

• everything best phone i ever had

Cons

• none at all

Roman
posted on 02 Apr 2009, 17:55

Kick Butt!

I love this phone, not only becuase i have the samsung m300, but becuase this phone has everything i did not have feature wise as my old phone. The camera is great quality, the video playback and taking is just a little bad, but better than nothing. The threaded messages is amazing and i love it. I love recording my voice memos and using them as ringtones, can i love the keybored, reminds me on the ipod touch keybored, so now i am even more skilled! The fact i can put mp3 on the music player via the memory card is very cool! My battery with constent sms, and the backlight on dim and volume at 3, lasted 2 full days!

Pros

• Keyboard, camera, form factor, music player, Battery

Cons

• i think the contact viewing screen is small and cramped when scrolling threw, minor annoyance tho, might just be me

Carltlon
posted on 19 Mar 2009, 22:19

The phone I love has issues

This is a great phone!!!! It has an incredoble keyboard, Mp3 is great and I can text all day on the phone!!! However this phone was just introduced to the world of messaging. So it has a lot of bugs it needs to more out; such as the transition between applications on the phone. For example the transition between the main screen and the text messaging screens. Me personally experienced problems after the first two weeks!!! The phone kept Freezing and then my screen was "scrambled" of different colors, then finnally my phone screen stopped working permanently. So I think LG needs to work out the bugs in this phone because overall this phone has magnificent potential to be a trend setter for messenger phones but I prefer a LG Rumor or the Samsung Rant by sprint because the LG Lotus is obviously not ready yet. I hope LG make some improvements because this is a really neat phone but too many issues.

Pros

• keyboard
  • mp3
  • messaging
  • powerful cam for a 2.0
  • options of apps.
  • call quality is good

Cons

• after 2 weeks or so i guarantee that if you by this phone you will start seeing problems and it will get worse...
  • cant find a leather case for this phone except the girly kind that sprint has or you can probably get the clear case that fits on the phone.
  • too many improvements that LG has to make

A girl who just got an LG Lotus
posted on 22 Feb 2009, 10:26

A great first phone

This is my first phone and it was my first choice for sprint! I Love it! the sleek design, carousel, everything!

Pros

• I love how the inbox for txts seperates by day and by person.

Cons

• options for carousel, and ringtomnes, maybe thats just my problem

G
posted on 15 Jan 2009, 00:30

LG Lotus has many great features, but one major discrepancy

This is one of the best phones I've tried as of late.  It's the perfect "in between" phone... I'd call it a Blackberry-lite.  Here you have a phone sporting a very usable QWERTY keyboard in a flipphone format that is light and easy.  It fits in a shirt pocket with little bulk.  However, compared with Motorola phones I've used, the audio quality is lacking.  A great phone for people who like to text more than talk.

Pros

• Excellent form factor. It's light without feeling cheap, and small enough to still be very usable. Great keyboard. It takes a little while to get used to the small numeric keys, but once you do the dialing is easy. And for the most part, you'll have most of your numbers stored anyway. Typing text messages is super easy. Thumbs can type the keys with very few mistakes. The lid has good spring loaded tension. Camera is a spartan 2.0mp, but still takes decent pictures.

Cons

• The voice sound quality is noticeably lacking. I have a Motorola E816/E815 that has superior speaker and microphone quality. Comparative calls reveals the Motorola sounds fuller, while the Lotus is "tinny" and flat. Battery rating for talk time is a little exaggerated, but worst of all is using the 3G network--drains the battery quickly. What's the use of having Internet on your phone if you have to keep it plugged in?

aerialdog
posted on 08 Dec 2008, 13:08

Great phone!

This is a great phone!  Call quality is excellent...I've never had an issue like a previous reviewer.  Also, the phone can go to vibe if you use the side adjustment.  I have it on vibe all the time.  You can even adjust the length of the vibe.  I have the purple one which has been been kind of promoted as a "chick" phone but I have actually had more men than women comment on how they love the phone...color included!
The size of the phone fits PERFECT in the back pocket of my Levis or dress pants!  I thought the qwerty keyboard might be too compact but it is actually perfect (no thumb stretching!).  The size of the inside screen is fine as well.  If you are watching Sprint TV, you have the option going to a full screen.  I do agree with one reviewer that the carousel is a con.  Can't figure out how to use it so it isn't ALWAYS on the screen.
All around a great phone.  Easy to use, quality is great and a unique appearance!

Pros

• Just about everything.

Cons

• Will occasionally shut off on me and start right back up. Not sure if I am bumping something or if it's the phone. Minor inconvenience.

posted on 21 Nov 2008, 16:29

LG Lotus

Ok the the look is great but don't be fooled it is a great phone all around!! The size is nice, its small for your pocket or purse but you open it and its perfect with a nice big screen and full key board. You can do anything you need online...... can watch movies, music videos, news, or TV! Plus texting is really great and you can email just as easy as you text! There is a lot you can play with on this phone. Give it a try!

Pros

• Style!!! Size, Flip phone with full key board, great features with a great camera

Cons

• options for carosel

Laura
posted on 10 Nov 2008, 12:07

Purple flare

Even though this phone is much bigger than what I am used to, It is not as big as it seems! yes, I am a purple fanatic but this phone is very cool! the colors are bright and clear on the screen, texting is super easy and the camera rocks! my only problem is that the ringer will not go off and just vibrate, so i am glad i have 30 DAYS to try it, i will just exchange it and hopefully the problem will just be with that specific phone!

Pros

• color, screen, clarity, easy texting and e-mail

Cons

• the carosel on the main screen

ThomasM
posted on 29 Oct 2008, 14:27

Good but bad call quality

I've had this phone for a week now and really like the size and keyboard however I will be returning it due to inconsistent call quality.  My old phone was a Katana and it sounded great, never had any call quality issues.  This phone sounds terrible.  Landlines sound okay, but calls to other cells are downright terrible.   I wish I could recommend it but if you like clear voices don't get it.  Peoples voices sound robotic and low.

Pros

• size, features

Cons

• call quality issues

Tanya
posted on 23 Oct 2008, 09:52

I LOVE IT!!

As soon as i saw it i loved the color and when i opened it and saw the full keyboard i knew it was the phone for me. It's definetly a fashion statement and purple is the new red, i left my red motorolla for the purple LG Lotus.  The features are awsome!! Its easy to use and easy to text from. I love it!

Pros

Cons

• so far...NONE!