LG KF300 User Reviews

John S
posted on 17 Jan 2010, 05:17

Good, but requires warranty repair after 9 months

Love the LG KF300's large keys and fonts (sick of the tiny writing on most phones, even the "big" ones).

Easy to use, very good battery life. The software is good, although switching between predictive text ("T9") and non-predictive and the predictive text "spell checker" function is not as good as Nokia. Completely usable, just not as good.

The major drawback was that my LG KF300's screen/handset connection suddenly went bad, so funny screens and no reaction to key press, although it still works if you do it blind. I am sending it back for warranty repair. Whilst on the subject, the warranty for this phone is only valid in Honk Kong despite being bought in Hong Kong INTERNATIONAL airport, so check your warranty!

Apart from the screen issue, the LG KF30 is well worth the $150 dollars or there abouts

Pros

• Easy to use, very good battery life. The "operating system" is good, easy to use.
  • Love the large keys and fonts

Cons

• Switching between predictive text ("T9") and non-predictive and the predictive text "spell checker" function is not as good as Nokia. Completely usable, just not as good.
  • Would like to see charging / headphone jacks standardised, a PC USB cable included and the keys immediately beneath the screen back lit. Agree too that an analogue clock on the outside would be nice.

Martin
posted on 26 Nov 2009, 15:06

After 1 year using it

I've been using this phone for a year.Conclusion: Good phone to make calls, nothing else. The big size of the buttons and the configurable font size makes it good for some people. The photo and video cameras are fairly good low quality cameras, no autofocus.Problems I found:The response time is a little slow. When typing SMS sometimes the phone gets behind and losses one letter. Take into account that I type with one hand (one finger).I could not find Java applications that can access the memory card, so I could not find a document reader or writer to access text files on the memory card.I could not find support online from LG for this phone. It seems LG thinks this phone does not deserve attention. The PC Sync software I could find on the web is horrible and losses connection to the phone permanently.The phone supports up to 150 sms messages. When you reach 145, you cannot send sms until you delete messages. I found 150 too low.The pone support up to 100 appointments in the Calendar. But if you set a the birthday field in a contact in the Address Book, it counts as an appointment. I need more appointments.The music player max volume is too low. I keep carryng my mp3 player to listen to music.The battery life, talking about 15 minutes a day, sending about 10 SMS per day, using only the Calendar application, is up to 3 or 4 days. If using the video player, battery life descends to hours. The battery life indicator has 3 marks, when it gets to 1 mark, battery death is inminent,...

Pros

• Big size

Cons

• Too little memory for SMS and appointments
  • SMS Typing Time response a bit slow
  • Low Music Player volume
  • Poor PC Sync software
  • Poor compatibility with generic Java applications
  • No USB battery charging

Malc
posted on 28 May 2009, 08:10

lg kf300

great for this deff and blind old geeser, best phone I've had in ages, does nothing extra just what I need
if I could change anything about it to make it perfect I would have a analoge style clock (with hands type you know) on the front thats all otherwise I would add nothing.

Pros

• big and loud

Cons

• needs analogue clock on front not digital

Mark W
posted on 09 Feb 2009, 04:38

Imperfections with my KF300

After 3 months of use here are the problems I encountered: 1. Phone hangs for no apparent reason (abt once a week) and I'm basically using it as a phone n organiser only. Has only 4 pix and 1 song loaded. 2. Phone no. in Phone Contact goes missing mysteriously. Lost about 7 numbers so far that I know of (only using abt 350 out of its 1000 phone memory) 3. Ocassionally u cannot answer phone when it's flipped open, have to press green "answer Phone" button 4. Pictures fr 2 MP camera not very sharp when enlarged. 4. T9 imperfections: Type "I've; We're; We'll" come out as "I'Ve; We'Re; We'Ll". 5. Can't get the PC Sync working (using XP). 6. Have a no. of dropped calls lately but I can't be certain if this is not the fault of the service provider. 7. When setting appointments/ alarms the letterings are WHITE on red background - very hard to see (unless u've near perfect eyesight - until you space, then it turns black. I think this is a design oversight. 8. Speakerphone can only be activated when a call has been connected.. I'd prefer it if I could switch on the speakerphone before making a call.
It's still under warranty so it's sent back for repairs. Hopefully most of these problems will be gone when I get back my phone in 2 day's time.
In spite of all these problems I still love my KF300. Mine's a maroon (wine) colour. I love its size and the large keypad. Its sound is loud and clear. Battery life isn't too great. I don't use the phone v much and still have to charge...

Pros

• 1. Very handsome design/ easy-to-see large letterings/ large keypad
  • 2. Loud n clear voice & music
  • 3. Excellent night clock at the press of a button!
  • 4. Easy to use

Cons

• 1. Hangs occasionally
  • 2. Phone contacts can go missing
  • 3. Pictures only average sharpness/ exposure though is v good
  • 4. T9 imperfections

heather pilkington
posted on 24 Jan 2009, 09:07

so easy

So pleased to have, at last, found a phone which is so very easy to use and not having to go through a mine field of programs to get to ordinary texting . Lovely big print for those old wrinklies like myself. Only one complaint it's not easy to find a decent ring-tone and not very easy to download them Perhaps i just haven't found the correct way yet

xan
posted on 20 Jan 2009, 02:18

reasonable price! slick design!

I always wanted a flip phone and this phone is the cheapest in its range.. with mp3 player, memory card slot, audio and video recording plus 2mpx camera this phone is a bargain!!:D

Pros

• good for person who got eye problem.

Cons

• The battery life is too short,have to recharged every 1 or 2 days after extreme use..

Anton
posted on 15 Jan 2009, 22:13

Anton

Great phone. Really big keypad buttons, easy to use even if you are far sighted. Fist time in a long time it is pleasure to send text messages again. Good quality practical no nonsense phone

Pros

• Great keypad - very large distinctive number and letters

Cons

• Not as many features as other phones

Oswald_Brazil
posted on 06 Dec 2008, 01:03

I've boutgh it..

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Talk! Talk! Talk! Robust cell phone!

Shane
posted on 11 Nov 2008, 05:18

Great Phone if you need reading glasses

I was sick of holding my phones at arms length to read and send text, got the KF300 two days ago and love the phone.Big numbers big text love it, send SMS listen to music, make calls, dos the job well