LG GT505 User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Everyday usage7/10UI speed3/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 15 Nov 2010, 12:20
my LG GT505....
aritiCG has owned it for less than year before publishing this review
I'm an owner of this phone for about a year and I have to say that I'm very disappointed..Sometimes it's getting too slow..!! especially when I text or listen to music..
before this i had the LG Viewty and it had a very good camera..something that the GT505 hasn't ..oh!!..and the GPS is not working at all..
But the truth is that LG GT505 is a great phone for its price..!! :D:D
oh and by the way..if anyone else has the same problem with the sms lag..please tell me..
I'm trying to find a solution ....:(:(
(P.S. I'm sorry LG but I'm not going to buy a cellphone from you again :/ :/....)Build quality 8/10Reception 8/10Call quality 7/10Internet 7/10Multimedia 5/10Camera 6/10UI speed 3/10Everyday usage 7/10Text input 2/10Display 6/10Battery 9/10
- It's slim :) ..
- The WiFi works pretty well..:)
- It crashes very often :(
- The pic quality during night sucks :/
- It lag all the time..especially when you text..
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 08 Sep 2010, 15:55
This hasgot to be without a doubt the worst phone i have ever owned. The signal is at best terrible everywhere. It frequently drops internet connection and phone calls. Will show full signal whilst refusing to connect a call due to lack of reception. Drops call's with no warning even when at apparent full signal. Can't be locked properly if it's in your pocket. Is slow to access any applications.Do not touch with a barge pole!! After 6 months of fighting with the thing mines just hit the wall and it's probably the best place for it. Wouldn't even be recommended to my Worst enemy!! - LG you screwed up big time on this one!!!Design 1/10Features 1/10Performance 1/10
- The Phone!!!!
0 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 31 Jan 2010, 06:38
Best value for money...
I bought the LG GT505 4 months ago and I'm very satisfied with it. LG has done a very good job making a budget phone that has it all! If you want a nice touch screen phone but don't wanna waste alot of money, then I suggest this phone! The build quality is very good, after a few falls and bangs, it hasn't got a scratch! The user interface is quite nice and easy.
I wish it had a better speaker for music and better earphones-handsfree. The GPS doesn't work very well, if you use A-GPS you get charged. I installed WeTravel and worked but it took a while to lock on to a satellite.
To sum it all up, this is a great budget phone. It does everything nicely and I'm very happy with it. Don't buy if you want a GPS phone.
Design 9/10Features 8/10Performance 9/10
- - It's stylish and cool.
- - The build quality is TOP!!! It's fallen on the floor about 10 times and not even a scratch!!!
- - The menu is very easy and user friendly.
- - Wifi works very well, browser renders the sites quite nicely!
- - Very good camera in day light
- - The touch screen is very responsive and typing text messages is very easy (much better than the Nokia 5530).
- - GPS doesn't work as expected.
- - Could do with a better loud speaker for better music quality.
17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 05 Jan 2010, 15:01
I bought LG GT505 based on the 0.56 SAR value given by phonearena. Later I discovered that, according to the technical specifications of the phone (in the box), the real SAR was 0.94 (or even 1.17 if worn on the body). This raises a BIG question mark on the honesty of PHONEARENA. Also, I would very seriously question the total absence of SAR information on the LG site. Beware of "gray" producers and "gray" sites. I do regret my old Nokia and SE.Design 9/10Features 8/10Performance 8/10
11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 05 Dec 2009, 10:45
mum bought the phone yesterday..i recommended her this phone..good value for money..
so, i've tried it..and i still stand to my point..
for the price, it offers a great spec list..
the WiFi thought aint that good..laggy sometimes..but u cant expect a cheap phone to have a good WiFi right..and the landscape qwerty is kidda small..but lucky there is a stylus attached to the handset..other than that, it works great..
overall, i would give this phone a rating of 8/10 :)Design 6/10Features 8/10Performance 8/10
- - lanscape qwerty is pretty small
- - WiFi connectivity may lag sometimes
- - noise visible gor photos taken indoor
- - WiFi does it's job
- - AutoFoucs + LED flash
- - GPS: Wisepilot (trial version) and Google Maps
- - Favourite contacts can be stored at one of the homepage (homepage consist of two pages)
21 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 26 Sep 2009, 01:03
LG GT 505
LG GT 505 build 31/07/2009 One week of use with 8 GB MicroSD Emtec, class 4 card,Software Version User Interface Plataform ?Formats of files I triedExcel - Ok Word - Ok PFD - OkPPS - X PPT - OK WAV - OkMP3 - Ok MP4 - OK MID - OKWMA - OK AMR - I don't know dind't tried JPG - OKRAW - X BMP - OK but not all BMP PXC - XGIF - OK TIFF - X SWF - OKSVG - Ok GP3 - Ok WMV - ??X?? Dind't understand if it works or I need some kind of license, well Whatever.MPEG - X RM - XAVI - ?XVID - ? In the Manual It says " The GT505 suports the reproduction of video in the formats DivX and Xvid for a wide range of contents" Well I cound't play none of them.DIVX - ? (UIP) think it's Version 2. not sureOperator TMN, PortugalGPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FM Radio with RDS (you memorize 50 stations) , Internal Memory of 154 MBReserved Memory for:Nº of contacts - 1000Nº of SMS Messages - 500Nº of organizer notes - 500Nº of Tasks - 500Nº of Notes - 50Nº of Alarms - 5Nº of Registed calls - 100Nº of Favourits - 50Nº of Others?? - 130 (supose for things like radio stations)Nº of Profiles 4 + 3 defined by user, but you can customize all of themGeo Tagged Photos if GPS Satellites aquired. Very good network captacion in 2G and 3G, Multy task (You can use various apllications at the same time)5 MP 2592X1944 Max Camara, Hand writing recognition (think not very good, but It's my first touch phone), works as a pen drive, it doesn't brings much software but it's easy of instaling moreI use GPSed for Gps recording...Design 7/10Features 9/10Performance 8/10
37 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
Humberto Afonso Pereira
posted on 22 Sep 2009, 03:46
LG Gt 505 in Portugal
Just buy one last day, from TMN operator in Portugal, 8 Gb micro SDcard class 4, so far so good, despite a wi-fi connection problem at home, had to configure my wireless router, to operate in channel 1, tried other channels but the phone wouldn't work properly, On phone is SSID, Type of security, Security key, and Dynamic IP/DNS.GPS WisePilot works good, but still only tried it for 20 km's in car. Very nice and intuitive touch screen, for a beginner like me in touch phones. Sorry for my poor english.Design 8/10Features 8/10Performance 8/10
- Easy of use
- Good pic quality during day
- Why all the phones brands don't decide what kind of unique connection to use for baterry chargers? Just have one more now.
- Bad pic quality during night.
- Could have bundle some more applications to play with.
18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 29 Aug 2009, 07:38
high technology in a very attractive price!size and dimensions are perfect,the connections and the gps receiver works great,easy connection with pc (windows xp sp3),the two cameras (photo and 3g) are usefull and with good resolution(5mp with digital zoom).the duration of the battery is a matter under investigation but the rule is the more you use it the less you have it for every phone almost...soooo my opinion is that the mobile is great and it has its own character and style to become a referance point in the category of low price complicated mobiles!Design 10/10Features 10/10Performance 9/10
11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 07 Aug 2009, 08:36
The author of the review before is clearly in need of help. There is in fact a lock button. it plays 3gp which is a known format. Bought this the other day and its a great all rounder which has on par qualities with the iPhone. The wifi is great. Web browsing is made a breeze. The speed of the 3G/EDGE is immence and believe me. You will love it.Design 9/10Features 9/10Performance 8/10
- Wi-fi,Sat Nav,3G,EDGE,Auto rotate, Decent speaker,nice design, Camera is great quality, The front camera is only 640x320 but still decent small sized images.
- Wi-Fi can be tricky to connect, Crashed once when using Orange Maps, Too new for support
13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 25 Jul 2009, 15:22
I had this phone and was quite impressed but sent it back in the end.Design 7/10Features 6/10Performance 4/10
- Good points; not too big, in fact very slim but decent size screen. sync with contacts was very good and took home addresses and postcodes. Pretty good PC software. Nice big text on the phone.
- BAD points; No button to lock the keys (when I put it in my pocket). Nobody seems to know what video formats this supports (apart from this website!) no even LG UK. The manual has a long list which is most not true it seems. Finally got it to play .m4v but very badly with the audio out of sync with the video. Could get DiVx to work, it played one .wmv very badly. THis was an important function for me (as my old phone played video OK) so that's why I sent it back.
15 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report