LG ENV User Reviews

Constance
posted on 21 Mar 2011, 12:12

Awsome phone!!

Constance has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

ive had this phone for 2 years now and its still working great! the battery life is short thought, and the charger is junk, ive gone thro a number of them so far! the speakers are great! i also drop it alot and its still holding up! it never drops my calls either.

Pros

• Different phone colors

• charger

ananymouse
posted on 23 Dec 2009, 16:30

still have this phone

ive had it for like 2 years now. i had this phone for a few months and then got a voyager then that brroke and im using this one again. its falling appart!!! theres a huge scratch on the top from where my dog chewed on it. the paint on the speakers wore off and now they are really shiny and crome like? the paint is coming of the buttons on the outside of the from from using it to much :p the camera lens is wore out, and the vibrate get weak if it goes off alot but never dies completly, then if it stops for a while it will works really loud again. this is a really good phone, but kinda outdated looking. but its whatever.

Pros

• full keyboard, decent batterylife, decent camera, good speakers, durable, cool colors, amazingly easy too text on the front

Cons

• virbrates too loud, its on crappy verizon, paint comes off, bad charger

posted on 16 Dec 2009, 18:07

OK.........

I had this phone for about 2 years now. Its in ok shape but so many little things broke on it. My speakers stopped working, same with the down button on the inside. The things that open to use the charger broke off so now dirt and dust get inside of it. I have a ton of scratches on the outside from dropping it so many times (my fault). But the good things about it that the keboard inside works great. Spacing between the buttons are good. And i think that its a durable phone other than that its a OK phone i dont really recomend it.

Pros

• Inside querty keypad

Cons

• outside of it and how things fall of, of it.

TannisLC
posted on 27 Jun 2009, 07:35 (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Jun 2009)

Awesome phone, able to handle my roughness.

I've had this phone for 2 years now and I've only replacced it once due to the front screen going whack. It was an update from the ORIGINAL en to the V, that mug was BULKY. This one?? not at all. Yes, it wasn't tiny but it was definitely an update from the original one!!!! Texting is super fast and fast to do on this phone and definitely eye-catching in the orange :) I'm sad to see my baby go but it's going to a new home, to live on until it can't live no more.

Pros

• excellent for texting
  • great color (orange!!)
  • awesome battery life

Cons

• front screen "broke" even though i didnt drop it (but got it replaced!!)

Lexy
posted on 14 Jun 2009, 23:36

Lasted

After having this phone for 2 years i have to say it did last me well. Although i went through 5 of them (mostly my fault i am a teenager) i put my 2nd one thorugh hell and back. 2 times it brke because of the charger port. Pretty good on battery. Took good pictures and i liked that you go to see the picture on the front. Upset becuase its time to put this phne to rest.

Pros

• good battery
  • easy texting

Cons

• Bulgy
  • not enough display themes
  • CHARGER PORT BREAKS ALL THE TIME

Kaitlyn
posted on 10 Jun 2009, 00:14

It's....

The enV is an okay phone, it has a great keyboard and battery life. For example, I left my phone on for 3days (I was texting on it for hours) and it lasted all those days(:
There is one thing that bothers me the most however. It is extremely chubby. :>I atempted to put it in my jeans front pockets and when I did, you saw a huge square bulg. But. Good thing the enV has retired(:
Thanks for your time.

Pros

Cons

• Chubbiness

posted on 28 May 2009, 09:13

Finally a good phone

This is what I want from a phone. The battery lasts forever and ever and then some, even with talking or playing video it lasts for days for me. Extremely durable doesn't even begin to describe it. It takes damage with ease and doesn't really show it. I drop/throw it constantly, and you can't tell. I got a skin for it, and just that $10 has kept pretty much all the scratches off of it. The front keys are perfect for one-handed texting, the full one inside is awesome for long texts or when you can use both hands.
I haven't seen anything better than this phone yet. I may just break this one and demand they replace it with the same pretty green one, when I need a new phone. ^_^

Pros

• Uber-durable
  • Long battery life
  • well-sized keys

Cons

• the lens cap rattles very hard when the phone is on vibrate. it's vaguely noisy and annoying.

chelseamarie
posted on 20 May 2009, 13:17

definitely a good choice

i have had this phone forever. this phone is ridiculously durable. i cannot even count the amount of time that i dropped it, and this includes all the times it was dropped in a puddle. it is easy to use, and it is easy to text with, so you can text with the qwerty or not. its just a really good phone, and i am not looking forward to upgrading. it is falling apart though, but it still works great.

posted on 10 May 2009, 04:20

LOVED DiS FONE!

i love my env! ive had it fer over a year longest ive ever had fone! ive had like 6 envs but i still love... i actually still have haha i jus cant get rid of it. i got da dare n hated it had to go bak to my env. ish such a great fone fer txtin and takin pix. n i love dat comes in orange! orange is my favorite color! haha da only thing i didnt like bout da env was dat it kept breakin on my n it was a little bulky... but i still really liked da fone.

lendsay
posted on 27 Apr 2009, 16:20

had this phone for a long time

this is one great phone <3 i kinda miss it, i had it in orange. its so durable that my dog chewed the top right corner up, the end key on the front is falling off, buttons are wearing down, camera lense is so wore out the it dosent click into place. it just moves around all the time, the micro sd slot cover fell off, and the front screen is all scratch up, so if your looking for a very durable, easy to use/ easy texting phone that you want cheep from ebay or something this should be the phone for you.

Pros

• easy to use / text
  • fun
  • good camera w/ flash and auto focus
  • pretty colors
  • DURABLE

Cons

• size is kinda an issue
  • camera lense wears out fast
  • buttons on the fron get wore out and some fall off
  • gets scratched up easyily too

posted on 23 Apr 2009, 15:21

enV ballin

i have had this phone for two whole years! that is longer than i have ever been able to keep a phone. i drop my phone alottttt so they tend to break quickly, but my enV has been dropped about a million times and it still works fine, up untill the other day when it got ran over by the car, and the phone still works finee, execpt the inside screen is a little cracked, but other than that is still works just as good as before! even though it is discontinued i would recomend it to anyone and everyone!

Pros

• VERYYY VERY durrable
  • greattt for texting

Cons

• bulky
  • out of style/date

joshua
posted on 29 Mar 2009, 19:51

i like this over the voyager but not as much as the original

good phone
but i personally like the V better, i could care less about size, but i liked the V
it was more original, you could choose to do landscape or portrait picrues, better musicplayer, and VERY durable
plus it has a manual focus on the back, i perfer that over the auto focus, no camera hump, no anoying lenz cover

Pros

• sdfhjgj

Cons

• dfgjdfjdgd

myshebalove@hotmail.com
posted on 28 Feb 2009, 19:17

Env

i just got my env 3 months ago and i aready had had 4 new envs because they keep truning off and the #s wont work!

posted on 26 Feb 2009, 21:04

The GREATEST phone i've ever had

I've had my enV since September of 2008 and I am still on my first phone. It still looks brand new and works fantastic. Mine never shuts off randomly like other people complain about. My mom, sister and I all have these phones. My mom in silver, my sister in green and me in orange. All of our phones are still working great and i LOVE the design. I dont think its too bulky i like the way it is. The keyboard is great and the keys aren't too small. The front is great and easy to text on.
Pros...

AWESOME battery life
QWERTY keyboard is great
camera takes awesome pictures and videos
keys are large enough to be easy to us and small enough to not be ugly
the speakers are very clear and loud

Cons...

sometimes I have to send a txt twice for it to get to the person i want it too
not enough display themes (i get bored the ones that are on them)
the battery runs out much quicker if you take a picture, video or play a game etc.

overall I love it and would recommend everyone to get this phone. Even though it is discontinued you can still buy refurbished and I think even new ones on eBay.

posted on 12 Feb 2009, 01:38

favorite phone

I can honestly say I love my enV. I've had it since it's release and the only problems I've ever had was the charger port breaking. I've gone through 3 of these phones in 2 years because of it.
My first phone I had for over a year with no problems at all. I'll admit that I have dropped it over a dozen times and it still worked perfectly. It didn't even look damaged. It had even been dropped into water and it was still completely fine. Problems began after a year and a half when the charger port began to go out. For some reason it wouldn't accept the charger and finally the charger broke off inside. I had no idea how because I've always been gentle when charging my phone. My friend actually told me about the delicate charger ports so that was the one thing I completely took care of. I got a replacement phone and within a few months, the port broke again! I recently got my third phone and so far there hasn't been any problems. The only real problem is that after 2 years, the battery is worn out and can only last half a day.
The things I love about this phone is the qwerty keyboard and the big screen on the inside. The front is also great because the screen is just the right size. The fact that you can put in a SD chip also makes this phone great. I have a feeling it will be hard trying to find a new phone to upgrade to.

Pros

• qwert keyboard, big screens, outside is very durable

Cons

• charger port breaks easy

posted on 02 Feb 2009, 23:32

I absolutely love my enV. I have had it over a year and everytime I switch to another phone I always end up going back to "old orange". It is such a durable phone. I love how you can text from the outside and have the full keyboard on the inside. I can honestly say I haven't had any problems with my phone since I've had it. The only thing is that where I've dropped it so many times the front screen looks like it is peeling...not sure about that. Overall I LOVE this phone!

bmcf202
posted on 02 Jan 2009, 16:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Jan 2009)

Enjoyed the ENV...

When I had first opened up a account with Verizion the ENV (orange) was my choice. I liked first off had that it allowed you a 1G or 2G card to store your down loaded music, pictures, and videos. It was also great for me because I have two children to handle and the abuse that it went through (laughing) stood through the test of all time by myslef and my children. The picture, music downloads, & video recording that I also used very often with the 1G card for storage was awsome. The features were also very great.
The only problem that I had was having to send it back to Verizon 3 times because of freezing up on me the first time. The second time the microphone went out on me. Meaning that when I recieved phone calls no one could hear me when I was speaking to them. The third time when I had another one sent to me my options were not allowed and the phone menu option kept jumping all over the place But for a first phone I enjoyed it and my 1G card was allowed in my new Verizion RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 which will be here on Tuesday. Check out my reviews on the RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530.

Pros

• ENV was great because it was heavy duty and it took tons of abuse for myself and my two children.

Cons

• ENV kept have problems with FREEZING up on you. Microphone died in the phone which allowed me to hear but not be HEARD! After having three of them finally gave up and moved to a different phone.

cj beach
posted on 08 Dec 2008, 18:34

Overall, it's pretty good.

i've had this phone for about 13 months, and overall i'm pleased.  i love the QWERTY keyboard, since i text a lot. But i do not like the largeness of it, i mean it's just un-appealing.  i love the cool colors it comes in, especially orange.  The speakers are great, and can be very loud.  The charger port has seemed to be a problem though.  I've already broke one charger, when it got stuck inside the port.  And, it takes me 10 minutes to just get the phone to charge, because the port is screwed up.  The phone is very tough also.  I've dropped this phone plenty of times, it does scratch, but the screen hasn't.  I also love the huge inside screen.  Overall, this phone is great, and i've enjoyed having it.

Pros

• Great sound, and color

Cons

• Charger port, and large size

kd
posted on 19 Nov 2008, 22:11

the best phone ive ever had!!!

Its overall a great phone. Ive had it for about a year now. I love how big the phone is and it having two screens. Its easy to text on and it takes great pictures. The only problem i have had the whole time is the phone turns itself off randomly but thats only every once in a while. It gets great service. Its too bad they discontinued it.

RV
posted on 29 Oct 2008, 05:27

AAARRRGGGHHH

I am now on my 5th phone 2nd battery.  I have had it locked itself so that I could not delete anything texts or pic so when I hit my limit of texts it would not let me receive anymore.  Got a new phone had the same problem. Got another one had the same problem again.  Battery died daily weather I used it or not so i got a new battery, started locking me out again. Got a 4th phone didn't lock me out but the charge port broke so now it will not charge.  The port is completely free floating, when it vibrates you can hear it moving around on the inside.  I have to charge my battery on other peoples phone.  Now I'm waiting on number 5 to come in and guess what today it locked me out again.  ... Maybe 5th times the charm.  I love the phone ... when it works.

Pros

• texting made easy, color choices, camera, speakers

Cons

• locking out, charge port breaking

jg
posted on 11 Aug 2008, 12:48

good

i've had the green enV for abotu 7 months now and out of all the phones i've had, its the one ive complained the least about.
i like its bulkyness.. i like texting with it a lot.
its signal strength isnt ALLL that badd..
the only thing is that its VERY fragile.
if u drop it it'll get HUGE scratches so thats something to watch out for.
but in the end im alright with this phone =].

k00lkid
posted on 11 Aug 2008, 12:29

not that bad..

i like its bulkyness.. i like texting with it a lot.
its signal strength isnt ALLL that badd..
the only thing is that its VERY fragile.
if u drop it it'll get HUGE scratches so thats something to watch out for.
but in the end im alright with this phone =].

Nsoroma
posted on 20 Jul 2008, 01:38

Thank God I'm due for a new phone soon!

I have had this phone since it first came out and I loved it! I was excited to have a phone that made my texting addiction easier. Within a few moths, that is when it all went down hill. I had several problems with "dropping calls". I would be talking to someone and they could hear me, but I couldn't hear them. This became quite embarrassing when trying to talk to clients for my business.

I got the phone replaced. Had the phone for a few more months and then it all started happening AGAIN! Then, I could receive calls, but could not hear anyone when I picked up. I couldn't call out. My phone started typing weird characters when I texted, and would flake out for no reason.

On April 21st of this year, I got yet ANOTHER phone.... and just last week... yep, it started all over again. I called Verizon today and found out that there have been reports of these problems. The only thing offered was a replacement phone. I asked about getting my 2EN a few months early, but it was a no go.

Thank God in 2 months I am due for a whole new phone. I'm getting a new phone and NEVER looking back!!!!

Liz
posted on 14 Jul 2008, 15:38

5.6

I've had this phone for a year and a half and it holds up horribly. I've dropped it a minimal amount of times (five or six maybe), and the paint has worn off on all corners. The keys on the front have worn out almost completely and I never even use those to text. Also, the charger plug won't work unless you wiggle it around. The service is good, but I've never had a problem with Verizon before either. I would not recommend this phone.

Sarah Isgett
posted on 08 Jul 2008, 11:11

This phone STINKS!!

It is SO bulky!!!! It won't fit in my pocket!! I HATE it and can't wait to get a new phone!!