LG AX300 User Reviews

REJ
posted on 15 Jul 2010, 18:33

Nice at first, terrible later

i got this fone a year and 4 months ago. I was happy to have it. it looks nice on the outside but the inside doesnt look the best. the battery dies fast about 5 months after use. the back for when u take out the battery is also a disappointment. it is difficult to take off and put back on. it curves if u don't even start to put it on right. the features are nice, if u arent txting. i am a fast texter (about 62 words/minute) but i find myself doing about 30 on this fone. i always have to erase the extra letters or numbers it puts on there. ex. Heyy wyats up?.   supposed to be    Hey whats up?     only get this fone if u talk only. not for txters

Pros

• pictures are nice, u can lock the phone, doesn't break easily, easy to talk on

Cons

• repeats the times of button pushed (hard to explain), scratches easily, battery dies easily, hard to use in a rush.

posted on 11 Jul 2010, 23:18

Cell Phone

For the price ($10 after rebate) this phone has been great.  Keep in mind that I do not use my phone for much except for talking on. I have had inlaws send me photos and they came through with no problem, and on very small occasions my husband checks Cardinals score on it.

Pros

• The outside of the phone will take lots of abuse, pictures okay quality, battery life holds up great (two to three days) and does not take long to charge the battery.

Cons

• About the only con I can come up with is that when dialing a number (for ex. if you press the nine key) you will end up with 2 or 3 of the digit you pressed.

Janet
posted on 24 Apr 2010, 13:15

My husband & I each have this cell phone.  I must put our review in since there are negative reviews listed.Never had a problem with any features on this phone.....takes crystal clear pictures.....all text messaging to & fromare great....never lost data.....have nothing bad to say.  Have had the phones for 2 1/2 yrs

Pros

• see above

Shirley Bob
posted on 09 Apr 2010, 00:55

i hate this phone.

i hate this phone. it has the most sucky pictures, and it delays sometimes. i hate this phone. it turns off in the middle of a text message. the screen scratches really easily. theres no reason i would ever get this phone. it was a replacement for a hand-me-down phone tat was even worse. nuff said(:

Pros

• it doesnt break.

Cons

• bad picture quality
  • t9 sucks
  • slow
  • it turns off randomly

Das Boot
posted on 21 Dec 2009, 16:33

This phone is the most horrible peice of crap ever

This phone is positively terrible.  The only good thing about it is that it can take a lot of physical punishment on the outside case.  Other than that it sucks.  The del and 4 keys fell off of mine for no reason, it spastically drops calls, and the battery failed after only a few months.  Also the T9word started deleting my entries and would not let me add new ones.  And just today it started to freeze whenever I try and text. I get about 5-10 characters down and it freezes, not responding to anything until I pull out the battery and restart it.  So all in all this phone sucks

Pros

• It's simple

Cons

• Keys fall out
  • Freezes a LOT
  • Drops calls
  • Buggy T9word

Dora
posted on 22 Oct 2009, 17:05

odd phone

ive had this phone for about a year now and its gave out. Its NOT good for if you txt alot because if i try to type one character it types a whole different one. and its web is barely a web! that is why im getting a new phone soon. if you should get a new phone dont get this one. sorry to bust your dream ( the person who made this phone) but you could do better than this.

Pros

• color
  • size

Cons

• web
  • texting
  • cant record song and put them to ringtone

posted on 14 Oct 2009, 17:28

GREAT PHONE

I love this phone! It is my first phone ever and it is great for texting.The pictures are never blurry. Its cooler than any of my freinds phones!

Pros

• evreything is great

Cons

• shows fingerprints

miss my older LG
posted on 11 Aug 2009, 19:56

2.7

Ax300

Bless your heart, who posted above message.  I think it's great you enjoy the phone, speaker, however, I think this phone (AX300) is terrible.  I wish I never had bought it.  I still have my other LG phone and I am going to ditch this one.  The speaker is loud ONLY because it sounds distorted  when turned up.  The camera is terrible as I cannot even tell what the picture is.  I had 15 days to find all this out and I found it out like 30 days later that I didnt' care for this phone. (enough time to go to concerts and use it etc..)  I loved the flash in my other phone, but this one, unless it's bright/day...I can't see a thing!  I am very disappointed.  The only positive thing I can say is the color "PINK".  I think I will just order a new battery for my old LG phone as I enjoyed it so much more.

posted on 11 Aug 2009, 18:44

Crummy phone!

I have had this phone replaced once already after having it for about 4 months. The internet went out, and I lost service a lot. Now, my second phone, i've had for a couple of months and the # 4 works when it feels like working, a long with some of the other buttons. I think it really was poorly made. And I am very unsatisfied.

Pros

• Decently sized
  • Good speaker Phone
  • Good for texting (if your buttons work)
  • You can change the font for the entire phone

Cons

• Can't change the color scheme
  • Poor camera quality
  • You can't get free ringtones, you have to buy all your ringtones.
  • Roaming in the same state
  • I sometimes don't get phone calls, only the voicemails efter I missed the call.

_Tee_
posted on 29 Jul 2009, 17:08

Wackest Phone ALive

well im young so this is my 4th phone ever. This phone has many problems and guess how long ive had it??....6 months it is scratched up i agree my fault. It drops calls maybe its just the company change but yeah. It rings when noone is clling me. It turns on and off alone. wierd.scary.It mixes people names together ex. Quan+ Anna = Quanna. O.M.g THis phone is so stupid. I dont even know y i got it. I was gon get the LG scoop but TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE THAT PHONE AND I WANT TO BE DIFFERENT. The only good thing about this phone is that it has very clear pictures and its pink and hats one of my favorite colors okay thanxsz bye!! PLEASE dont force your children to get this phone. Thats a toatal torture lol

Pros

• clear good piks
  • color

Cons

• drops calls
  • turn off and on alone
  • ring when no one is calling
  • mixs people names

Jeremy Wise
posted on 24 Jul 2009, 03:17

One and a half thumbs up. =P

I've had this phone for nearly a year now, and of the four phones i've had it's definetely my favorite.  The phone is great for texting, and as far as sound, it is the loudest phone i've ever owned... sometimes a little too loud unless turned down (especially on speaker.)  The outside screen is great, especiallu for taking pics.  I've never had any complaints about this phone until about two months ago.  Now when I text the phone occasionally freezes, causing me to have to take the battery out to restart the phone.  This problem was so rare that it wasn't major... but it has happened progressively more often to the point where I cannot text anymore.  That said, when I get a phone to replace this one it will probably be one of the same model, as mine just seems to be wearing out.  (and i'll admit i've been rough on it)

Pros

• Easy to text
  • Great for taking pictures
  • Good sound

Cons

• Phone wears out more quickly than a standard contract lasts.

the sports guy
posted on 23 Jul 2009, 08:05

IT FREEZES ON ME 100%

I got this phone like 4 or 5 months ago from and lg 120 that gave me no problems but this phone is giving me problems it freezes.  Everytime i text  or dail in a call it freezes i cant txt but like 2 words untill it freezes i love texting and it hurts cause i cant txt my friends so i would not bet this phone aite

Pros

• good texting
  • good signal and battery
  • durble and will not break (trust me i have tried to break it)

Cons

• it freezes
  • roaming in the same state

Stever
posted on 09 Jul 2009, 12:55

Hunk of Crap

I would have to rate this as probably the worst phone I have ever owned! I'm actually on my 2nd one, the hinge broke on the first one and they replaced it . The sound quality is terrible, and the reception is even worse - I have to go outside to use the phone (I live in a large metro area, and the other 3 phones in our family - all LG's - work just fine inside). The numbers constantly "double key" - push the one, you get two ones - making it impossible to text easily. Avoid this phone at all cost!

Pros

• Cheap
  • Charges quickly

Cons

• Everything Else

imacg32007
posted on 01 Jul 2009, 10:48 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Jun 2009)

DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE

When i first got this phone it was awesome. (november 22 2008) Well i had to swap it because my first one had a speaker phone problem. ( I should have got the motorola w385 and i would not be needing to buy a used phone) Anyways it was all good until about 6 months later. The calls started getting dropped, the phone would not vibrate,the phone would not stay charged (full charge and seven minutes into a conversation it tells me i have a low battery. I have had the software updated 2 times and had a new battery and that did not fix my problems. I like the design of this phone and it is easy to txt on. It camera is crap and so is everything else about this phone. The screen cracks for no reason. My phone is silver and looks like crap now. The ringtones on this phone suck. Well if you are with us cellular and want a basic phone DO NOT GET THE LG UX300!!!!!!!!!! Get the Motorola W385 or Samsung Two Step insted. My first phone (LG UX210) was the best phone i ever had and now someone else is using it and its still working like it is new and has no problems.

alicia
posted on 28 Jun 2009, 12:48

phone./?

Truthfully, this phone isn't amazing.
i've had it for a while almost a year and a hafe now.
and the menu button along with the number four and the silver thing around the menu/ok button is gone,
it don't really keep a charge. and it turns off on mee. i really dis like it.

Pros

• it held for a year.
  • good design.
  • sume features are okay.

Cons

• it's falling apart,
  • end of story.

Bethany =]
posted on 16 Jun 2009, 20:10

Easy, Reliable, GREAT Phone

Honestly, I have trouble finding trustworthy reviews on certain things, but to make this short and sweet and to the point, this phone is amazing! I love it sooo much. Usually I only keep phones for no more than 3 months, I'm so picky, but I've had this phone for almost half a year now, its really a great phone. No major mechanical problems, except sometimes when you over use it at once it freezes up, but if you press the end key and start over again, it works just fine. That may seem like a hassle, but its not. The camera is really great also, I love the self portrait feature where you can see your picture before you take it, VERY handy. This phone comes in very fashionable colors, and has amazing and easy features, so easy you can't go wrong! The display may be small for some, but its something you'll get used to very easy. I would DEFF. recommend this phone to anyone. Its my favorite phone...EVER.

Pros

• *Easy to use
  • **Great camera and quality
  • ***Large numeric keys
  • ****Great for big texters, like myself
  • *****Amazing color choices
  • ******DURABILITY

Cons

• -Occasionally freezes up
  • --Small display for some

Good Basic Phone
posted on 12 May 2009, 17:45

lgux300

I have had this phone ever since november 22 2008. I upgraded to it from a lg ux210. This is a very good looking phone but the glass/plastic on the front of the phone gets finger prints on it easily. The camera is 0.3 megapixel vga anc can't record videos. The speaker phone quality is very good on my phone and so is call quality. The screen on the outside of the phone is full color with photo caller id. The speaker phone is on the front. The camera can hold over 1000 pictures. There is no music player or micro sd card slot. This phone is very good for texting. You can get free ringtones through bluetooth. You can use a bluetooth headset with this phone. The calulator can not divide. The EZ tip calculator is very useful and the world clock is cool. There is also a stop watch and a unit converter on this phone. You can change the backround on both screens. The ringtones that come with this phone are alright. The phone does not feal cheap and i think it's durable. The outdide screen on my phone has some deep scratches and the screen on the inside is scratched deeply but it does not affect anything. You can also send picture messages. The phone has easyedge and you can get easyedge to go to get on myspace and facebook and many other websites. I like the phone.

K. D.
posted on 26 Apr 2009, 13:22

It's an 'Ehh' phone.

I've had this phone for around 4 months, and I'm not actually a fan of it.
This phone didn't 'float my bloat' at all even when I first got it. The sound quality is horrible for me, the speaker phone isn't loud at all, and now the Menu/Ok button doesn't work.
The Menu/Ok button was always sort of 'sticky' for me. You'd have to press it down hard about 1-2 times for the menu to actually work. So now, I just press the number keys to go to the places I go.
The phone stratches really easy and I basically roam everywhere I am.

Pros

• Texting Feature
  • Design of the Phone Overall
  • Battery Life is Fairly Good
  • Ringtones

Cons

• Phone Stratches Easily
  • Buttons are Horrible
  • Poor Quality Pictures
  • No Video Recording
  • Can't Change Color Scheme
  • Roaming

Steph
posted on 08 Apr 2009, 11:55

Love it except for 1 thing that may be the deal breaker.....

I've had this phone for about 8 months and have enjoyed it and had no problems with it.  Until about 2 months ago.  I noticed when I manually dial (not speed dial or use "Contacts" list) pressing the keys will either 1) not take or 2) double.  It is very frustrating when checking my work VM or anytime you have to choose an option.  I'm think of changing.  On the other hand I've been impressed with how long the phone will hold a charge.  I do not text much so I can't say how the battery does with heavy texting.

Pros

• Cute color
  • Easy to use
  • Love being able to add my pics for the wallpaper
  • Only have to charge 1 to 2 times per week, if that.

Cons

• When manually dialing, keypad will either not take or double.

Brandee
posted on 06 Apr 2009, 19:58

errh good..

OK..so..I got this phone like 3 or 4 days ago and well its..prettyyy good.
I have it open like all the time(texting) and it only lasted for 2 days before i had to charge it.
And...i love the blutooth feature...
And also the camera...
It's a very decent phone.
I recogmend this phone for teens.

Pros

• Chat feature ( alltel)
  • you can change the font!!
  • The pictures move!!
  • you can take pictures while the phone is closed!! AWESOME
  • the color ( pink!) it looks kinda orange if you stare at it
  • it has celltop/internet

Cons

• UMMM i dont think you can put the songs you downloaded as ur ringtons unless you saved it from a text
  • Battery life isnt really good if you are texting 24/7 ( mine is dead at the moment)
  • You cant change the color scheme! That sucks
  • cant really think of more at the time..
  • sometimes internet is slow

littlekidwithdahat
posted on 10 Mar 2009, 11:26

Decent Phone

This is a pretty good phone. The OS is easy to use but stuffed full of cool features. The only things that I don't like about it is that the bluetooth won't let me send notes to my computer like I can with pictures and calendars. It does seem to me that the flip on mine is a little flimsy because it feels like it could break at any minute. It is a very good replacement phone, or even first cell phone. The graphics on this thing are AMAZING! If I were to redesign the phone I would move the speaker to the back of the phone. I think that it looks tacky being on the front. The camera on it is great! Better than most camera phones I've owned. The sound quality is kind of crummy but that was expected for the price I paid for it.(30$ or so after rebate) I want to get an LG scoop soon to replace this one.

Pros

• Cool Features
  • AMAZING Camera
  • Bright Screen
  • Small
  • T9 Text Input

Cons

• Sometimes The OS is a bit slow
  • Heavy
  • Crummy sound quality
  • Poorly designed flip

rtpa
posted on 16 Feb 2009, 11:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Feb 2009)

love it!

love it! its simple but has awsome features like some of the more "high tech" phones.  like, camera,music and internet. I personally don't use internet but my best friend has it and shes very imprested! over all its great and i have no cons to  post, its great for kids.with its easy set up even a monkey can can figure out how to use it!

Pros

Cons

• nothing

Bethany
posted on 01 Feb 2009, 11:04

Good Phone. Very Reliable.

I've had this phone for about a week. I know that doesn't seem like a very long time, but that's usually when my old phone's starting to breakdown. This phone however, has been very very reliable for me. Its nothing special, nothing too flashy but its also not a really "outdated" phone, it still has all the good LG features, including bluetooth. Most people say the camera isn't very good, but I have found that this camera is very very much better than the scoop's. Even with 0.3 MP, it is very good. One of the best feature's I've found is the camera includes "Self-Portrait" where you can close your phone and take pictures, and see your image through the front screen. Well I don't want to make this too long, so overall it is a very very VERY good phone if you want something basic and reliable, this is it.

Pros

• Comes in many fashionable colors.
  • Speaker is nice and loud.
  • Fast, Easy, and RELIABLE.
  • Very Easy to use, and Basic.
  • Battery Life is also very good.

Cons

• I haven't found any yet.

Charliese
posted on 15 Nov 2008, 18:07

This phone is exactly what I wanted...a phone, not a camera, MP3 player, internet surfer or datebook. It is sleek, light and easy to carry. It has all the features you need in a phone. I love it!

Pros

• Great battery life, easy to press buttons. great access to features.

Cons

• Haven't find any yet.

Cliff
posted on 08 Nov 2008, 11:36

Good basic phone No problems

I've had the UX300 for about a week now and I've found it to be a really nice, no frills phone. Just what I like...a phone. Not a datebook, internet surfer, yuppy scheduler or game system. The only thing I didn't care for were the ringtones. Using Bluetooth we just downloaded the old-time phone ringer I like from my wife's phone to mine. Also has great battery life. For downloading wallpapers and ringtones we purchased a $10 Bluetooth dongle on Ebay for my laptop. Now I just wirelessly download what I like. True, it's not bells and whistles but it if you're the type that just wants a phone to be a phone. Get the UX300.

Pros

• Style
  • Clarity of call.
  • Weight
  • Double screens.

Cons

• Ringtones