LG AX275 User Reviews

lalaland
posted on 26 Dec 2009, 23:02

dad

I have had this phone for two years... I like it.. it is simply not fancy. and i only had to charge it once or twice a week.. it is small and a great first phone. i am thinking of getting a new one (ENV2) but am very skeptical this is a good phone

Pros

• small
  • light

Cons

• no video
  • not great pic quality

posted on 20 Jun 2009, 12:11

Great first phone

This phone stayed with me for a year. It made it through dropping it on pavement and even a cycle through the washing machine. If you are looking for a phone that has a lot of extras, this isn't it. But for simply texting and calling and taking pictures once and awhile, this is the phone for you. Great first phone.

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy to use
  • Cute colors

Cons

• Simple design
  • Very little features

posted on 24 May 2009, 21:54

cute good 1st phone

this was my first phone and i loved it. it was so cute and i loved the pink and all my friends loved it. i had it for about a year. i wished it had more features but for a while i absolutley loved it. it lasted through dropping it in a river but then it got run over by a car...

Pros

• cute color
  • good size
  • good for calls and texts
  • lasts through alot

Cons

• camera wasnt too good
  • slow with apps
  • small text inbox (50)
  • wish it had more features (mine didn't have picture messaging)

Kathryn
posted on 04 Apr 2009, 19:57

this is a great fone!

ok i have had this fone for almost 2 years. it is great. i only have to charge it about once a week. I dont know what all you guys are talking about cuz this is a good phone!!

Anomynous
posted on 04 Apr 2009, 17:34

t SuCks

this phone sucks like crap! it was(is) my frst phone and i was mesmorized by its prettiness. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. i went through 5 of them so far. they should let you change phones after it breaks 2+times. not good picture. no video and most good downloaded pictures now move and since it doesnt have video it wont move except in the message *very slowly*. i recommend NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Brandiee
posted on 05 Mar 2009, 18:56

not a good phone!

I've had this phone for a year this month.  It gets VEEEERRRY crappy after a while...it shuts off for no reason all the freakin time!!!

val
posted on 06 Feb 2009, 19:46

AWFUL

this phone is terrible. I went through three of them. powering off without touching it. it wont text. picture quality stinks. the only pro is its pretty......the only lg worth buying is the wave-----its perfect

Pros

• its pink

Cons

• wont type text. powers off automatically. picture quality.

May
posted on 24 Jan 2009, 21:02

It was a nice phone untill...

It was a nice phone untill my mom got me txting just 2 weeks ago! It is my first phone and I like it but I was txting my friends and then BLUEYYYYYYYYYY it would not txt! It would let me send Photo msg but it has 2 have a full battery or it wont send pics! And some times it doesnt send pics if it doesnt want 2! Im verry mad I cant txt in and get ring tones from alltel or anywere! When I get them it turns its self off! It makes me mad! But if u wanted just a normal phone with a some what good camra this is a good phone but if you want a txting phone and ring tones this is not a good phone for you! I want 2 gat a Motorola Hint and I should be getting 1 soon! Anyway thanx for reading! BYE!  -May! :-) !!!!!!!!!

Pros

• Very Good First Cell Phone! And some things it does really well!

Cons

• Not good for txting! But it does very very bad at txting!

DaveSCAD277
posted on 12 Dec 2008, 12:58

suprisingly reliable phone!

it may not have the best camera some of the newer features, but anything that still works just fine after the abuse i can put it though and its little adventure in our pool is a darn good phone!  it took a few days in a bag of rice to get it all dried out, but its working just fine now, and still has no problems at all!  i would have to say the only real negative thing as far as a phone goes is the outside is a cheap plastic that scratches way to easily... doesnt hurt the functions of the phone, but i was not happy with how quick it looked so old...

Pros

• very light, nice and small, and takes several licks and keeps on ticking

Cons

• cheap plastic outside that will look bad if you carry it in the same pocket as your keys in a short amount of time.

Tr!na
posted on 28 Nov 2008, 01:06

Its a kool phone!

This is a good phone idk why everyone is trippin over it! My texts always go through and come in without me ever havin to get in the Internet ... & My camera still works perfect... I've had this phone since forver already!!! Anyways* the only thing i gotta say is wrong with it, is that its a struggle trynna get pictures sent from the computer to your phone if you aint got the cables that are required! Oh, AND the only other thing is that you CAN NOT set your downloaded ringtones for your incoming txts! ---> Its just too bad they discontinued this hoe.lol

Pros

• This phone is overall in my opinion a good phone!

Cons

• The two downfalls for this Ax275

whats in a name
posted on 27 Sep 2008, 19:52

no problem with this fone

well lets see this fone the only big thing is the camera doesnt have alot of zoom but so what thats what a digital is for. and as far as recieving pic messages they send and recieve just fine. and long text messages you dont have to view on the internet cuz it wont let you on the fone. it most certainly will i have fiew really long messages on my fone and so has every1 else that i know that has this fone and never once had to on the internet the read it rite in their text message inbox. and you can get the pics off your fone and onto you computer you just have to have the usb cord to do it and with that there is no problem and thats how it is with most fones. and signal wise it is great except when i am where either tower signal is poor or out of coverage area other than that no problem.
so first off with this fone if you are looking for a camera fone that has more than 4x zoom than you need to pic a different fone and secondly you need to check your coverage area before you choice any type of fone because you can have a fone that looks good to you and be in the worst coverage area for that provider and that fone will become useless for you no matter what. so be for you complain about you can do this or cant do that with this fone when it has the features to do things all you have to do is take the time to learn how to do them before you get aggrevated and disregard this fone. because this fone is one of the easiest fones to figure out how to do things on all you gotta do is...

Pros

• it has gbs, a long text message option, pic message, great signal (if you live in coverage area), camera, an many others.

Cons

• the only thing really is the camera only zooms 4x but that really isnt wat a fone is for.

posted on 06 Sep 2008, 12:19

love it

i have noticed that alot of people are leaving bad reviews about this phone. i actually have a good review to post. i have had this phone for about a year and i love it. i get great signal, if you do not it probably depends on your area. pictures are alright but i didnt buy the phone because it was a camera phone, thats what i have my digital camera for. i love having personal ringtones on my cell and this phone actually lets you record sounds and set them as ringtones which saves you money because you dont have to go and buy a ringtone for 2.99. it has an alarm clock that has been very handy for myself as i do not have an actual alarm clock. all features on this phone are good considering the phone that i have purchased. to everyone that has wrote bad reviews id say if you are looking for a perfect phone maybe you should invest in a blackberry or a more expensive phone.

Shaydia
posted on 20 Aug 2008, 10:02

This phone should've never been made

I'm so sorry people like this phone since it is such a piece of crap.

Texting? You have to go online to read the text if it is is too long. Camera? Why even have a zoom on the thing since it's terrible.
Recording your Voice? Forget it. It distorts everything.
Picture Messaging? Don't even get me started. I went to an event the other month and I didn't know one could being a camera, so knowing me, I didn't bring mine thinking that they weren't allowed. When I got there and found out cameras were permitted, all I had brought was my phone, so I took pictures on that, but was completely unable to send the pictures to my computer to send to my friends.
Signal Strength? You might as well be in Death Valley.

If I already haven't made this clear enough, DO NOT buy this phone. Please. I am seriously begging you for your own good.

Miranda
posted on 16 Aug 2008, 12:03

1.6

Horrible, horrible.

This phone is the worst phone I have ever had! You get NO signals whatsoever and the features are junk. The pictures are useless because the picture messaging on this thing is the worst. Spend a little more money and get a halfway decent phone.

Lindsey
posted on 14 Jul 2008, 04:24

5.8

meh

I bought this phone when my old one died. It's an alright phone, but nothing truly spectacular. If all you need it for is occasionally talking to someone then it's probably fine. Texting can be annoying though. For the first six months it worked fine, but then it started to slip. Fairly often it will just stop letting you input text and you'll have to shut it off and then turn it back on. Mine also has problems with sending any text that's more than 1 page (160 characters) long. If it needs more than one page I have to compose the first one, save it to drafts, compose the second one, save it to drafts, and then go into draft and send them one after another. After a year and 3 months the main screen started flashing white sporadically. The outside screen does this once in a while too. Shortly after that the outside speaker quit, so it no longer rings. It has been dropped a few times, though, which probably plays a part.

Overall, it's alright, but I wouldn't buy it again.

kenneth r
posted on 27 May 2008, 18:16

not to bad

i got this phone for the u prepaid and its great its chep and its good for the price wish they had more cases or faceplates

Alexis
posted on 17 May 2008, 18:47

Great Phone!

The LG AX275 Is A Great Phone! It Doens't Have All Those Cool Features, But It Does Get The Job Done. So You Can Go Ahead And Buy It, My Daughter Loves It!

LogicalResponses
posted on 24 Apr 2008, 21:38

great price, avg joe upgrades

Hey all you people with bad comments! This phone is not bad! It's just right size/etc, plus I got it for $45.68 off ebay, free shipping. The camera is decent, so are the regular "AVERAGE JOE" upgrades. its your typical phone. not one high end iPhone that everyone is waisting money on! Cmon people. It's just a phone. It calls, and txts. Just what it means- and if it means saving $350, you should.

Hunter
posted on 19 Apr 2008, 18:09

6.6

This phone was exciting anf fun.. Then,,,

This fone worked right for a lil while and after maybe 2 months the camera stopped working and when u hve 2 bars of batterie it always said txt msg failed, I got another phone, The Kyocera Kx5 remix slider, same thing happended, worked good then kept frezing and everything, Now i have ordered a Kyocera Strobe, It hasnt gotton here yet, waiting for that,

Will keep yall updated,

Thnks
Hunter!

Frustrated Owner
posted on 20 Feb 2008, 09:40

5.6

Buggy Phone

The keypad regularly freezes up during texting. The only way to revive it is to power cycle the phone. LG doesn't have a firmware update for the phone so we're just returning the phone to Alltel until they let us replace it with a different model.

Mike
posted on 21 Jan 2008, 00:06

5.2

not all that great

this phone...i got it for $24.99 so i guess i got what i paid for. i do not suggest it if u get easily frustrated with crappy electronics. the phone freezes up when i am texting and sometimes the whole keypad just freezes up. and its not just mine, i know like 4 other people who's phone did the same thing.

Colin
posted on 17 Jan 2008, 12:05

A solid Competitor

I got this phone when it came back out in May and was popular at the time. Almost a year later, this phone has continued to serve me well. It's substancially more durable then most brands, like the RAZR, and the new Katana's coming out. In pricing: If you want bang for your buck, and usability long term as a house/cell phone, this is a considerable choice. However, if you are the individual that regularly drops, throws, or abuses phones, this is not for you. Screen quality, more durable then most expensive brands, camera quality is subperb, however after a while it will become less functional due to normal wear and tear.

Rebecca
posted on 11 Dec 2007, 22:05

The worst phone ever....

I've had this piece of crap for 3 weeks. It kept going off by itself and I'd just turn it back on. Well the last time it happened, it wouldn't come back on and I took the back off to take the battery out and the freaking thing was melted. Melted all over the phone and down into the phone. I only had it for 3 weeks and the warranty wouldn't cover it b/c they said I left it in the car and it got overheated. I'ts freakin 60 degrees outside. There is no way that could've even happened. Anyway I broke my contract with alltel and now have a cingular phone and I love it very much.

tOnya
posted on 26 Oct 2007, 16:15

4.2

This phone sucks!

The reception on this phone is HORRIBLE! I have to sit next to a window at all times when I'm talking. I drop calls and lose reception constantly. The picture quality is okay. I constantly have to turn the phone off and remove the battery (per tech support) when someone sends me a picture text. So, annoying. Not worth the money spent (out of contract). Spend a little more and buy a better phone!!

Mandie
posted on 16 Oct 2007, 11:56

Great Value for the Money!

I recently purchased this phone after looking at hundreds in the wireless company that I work for as well as Alltel, Verizon, AT&T and Cingular. This phone offers you the most bang for the buck especially if you take a few moment to play with it. Although it may not boast of an MP3 player the voice recorder can be set up to record full songs to be saved ont eh phone to listen to later as well as to be edited for free ringtones and other sound options. You can changes all the the alerts and alarms as well for a fully customized phone.

The camera isn't the highest quality available on any wireless phone however it offers more options and features then most other camera phones. I love that it's easy to take, edit, modify and send or e-mail the phones with just a few clicks of a button. You also have great organization options to keep everything in it's place.