Kyocera Tempo E2000 User Reviews

posted on 22 Mar 2009, 02:53

There's several bad reviews for this phone. but I have to say I haven't encountered a single problem similar to the ones described by other people in all the time i've had it. I purchased this phone from pocket communications a while ago and i've gotta say i've fallen in love with it. It's extremely user friendly in terms of interface and and the mp3 player is extremely easy to use that even my grandmother uses it sometimes.  Perhaps it was simply the carrier that caused the problems for everyone else.  Paid 100 dollars give or take 10 for tax.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PHONE!!!

Pros

• Great Mp3 player
  • Built in camera takes great pictures
  • Plenty of ways to play around with the phone features!

Cons

• The battery cover's kinda hard to take off. as a result I ended up scratching my phone trying to get the darned thing off...

Paintin
posted on 13 Oct 2008, 07:04

Very poor phone

I bought this e2000 July 5th, had problems almost from the start. Shut itself off several times a day. Extremely slow to respond to keys, as another reviewer said. Almost impossible, even with tech support, to load mp3's. DON'T buy this phone!. I had it replaced after 2 months with a new one of the same model. SAME PROBLEMS, but this one, when it's off, will not respond to any keys-the only way to get it to turn back on is to take the back off, take the battery out, and replace it.  Metro PCS tells me they only cover the warranty if the problem is duplicated in-store.
So, next time, I'm leaving it off and taking it to the store, and hope they'll give me a different model phone.
HORRIBLE PIECE OF CRAP!!!!

Pros

Cons

• Poor quality
  • Slow key response
  • Turns self off
  • Won't turn on when turned off, unless back is removed and battery taken out and put back in
  • Extremely difficult to load mp3's

Hot_Piece_Of_A$$
posted on 26 Sep 2008, 21:50

I purchesed this phone at my local metro pcs dealer. It seemed like the only good phone they had at the time, the dealer told me it was a good phone, but then again the dealer who sold it to me does'nt really work or even know what she's selling, but thats a different topic.
Just beware do not buy kyocera phones, after i bought it, i researched and found out that they have a real bad rep on making their products, many people thought they stopped making phones years ago. Research before coughing up a butt load of money on a phone, because after making that purchuse, your stuck losing money.

UnKnonymous
posted on 10 Sep 2008, 07:00

I got the phone from Metro PCS. It was exciting to get it and then i discovered it had glitches. The phone will restart  ALOT!!!! My main concern was ringtones and my choices were either this or th eMotorola RZR. I saw i had expadable memory slot, which meant I could hold a lot of ringtones. Also, the phone is very low. Sometimes you can't even tell when it ringing. The most important event was when I was talking on the phone using the speaker phone I dropped it. It was my FIRST time dropping it. Both of the screens were flickering and I  got another one the next day. I thought that the one phone was a bad apple, but when I got the new one I discovered THE PHONE is HORRRIBLE!! This phone is entirely FILLED with glitches so my suggestions.........don't buy it and read reviews BEFORE you buy the phone.

Pros

• Ability to download and receive ringtones thru bluetooth/ music and video player

Cons

• fragile, restarts a lot on its own, glitchy.

MarkR
posted on 04 Sep 2008, 16:58

Disappointed

My dealer told me I'd love this phone...Wrong! It sucks. It's just like a very old, very slow computer. I have to wait after every keystrork for something to happen. Scrolling between contacts it sometimes takes as much a 5 seconds to go from one contact to the next. It drives me f*%#ing crazy. Don't buy this phone.

carlos
posted on 27 Aug 2008, 00:41

its alright....for the price....but im taking it back!

i like the phone's features for the price i paid for it. HOWEVER!!!!!!! the phone freezes and restarts on its own, it must be common. i dont have a problem with the buttons on the inside, however, the out side music keys act out of whack when they want to and i think my phone is posessed. i have a thirty day refund thingy at us cellular and im not waiting for anything else to happen. I like that it plays my MP3s but it gives me a hard time to upload videos onto my computer.....and its posessed.
expect to be excited when u get this phone...i was.....then be very, very, very disappointed......trust me......its acting up as i type this review. and in addition to its whackyness, when people call you.......expect to get a lot of hate voicemails cuz this phone is bad at receiving phone calls, and the ringer doesnt even start.

Pros

• nice features, good picture, 1.3 megapixels, camera and video with light, sleek look ,double screens, external keys, bluetooth, cheap price, use own mp3s as ringtones for FREE!

Cons

• u get watchu pay 4r. external music keys work when they want to..speaker volume is not the grreatest. exterior screen has bad picture with pixel damage...weird options Layouts, headphones input is same outlet as charger outlet. poor batery life, .disabling features doesnt work...such as constant and insistent voicemail alerts...voice feature with number dialingr doesnt function correctly...RANDOM RESTARTS AND FREEZING..FILES APPEAR WHEN THEY WANT TO ON COMPUTER OR NOT.

John Anglero
posted on 31 Jul 2008, 20:33

3.8

this phone is horrible!!!!. Kept restarting on me for no reason. Phone got 2 cracks with out even dropping the phone. Also the top of the phone just broke off. MetroPcs said this was a common phone. This was my second Kyocera phone and they both were horrible. Kyocera should give up making cell phones.

John
posted on 12 Jun 2008, 14:26

4.8

Nice phone, when it works.

I had this phone for about 3 months and I upgraded to a ROKR. The biggest let down I had was with the music player. No EQ, no playlist, no really nice features. Also I had major issues with my phone randomly restarting. For no reason at all I would be talking or listening to MP3's and the damn thing would just up and quit. No reason for it. I had it flashed by Kyocera (Since they are the manufacturer and have the firmware images to work with MetroPCS. I don't think Metro has it's own IT dept or infrasctructure do to that.) And it STILL had issues. Also battary life is too short. I understand using bluetooth uses power, but only 2 hours of talk time and 3 hours of listening time? BS!

Stay away from this phone if you can avoid it. If you are stuck with it, make sure you get the firmware updated and the newest PRL.

Tarek Ibrahim
posted on 20 May 2008, 19:19

3.4

Style but no function

The keppad is hard to nivigate and is not backlit, so forget about using it in the dark. The back button sits just below the navigation button, so it inadvertently triggers when navigating and reverts back to the menu, or out of the menu altogether.
The Screen is cluttered and the options are barely visible, and the most used options like contacts are tucked away at the corners and I can find no options to rearrange the manu to fit my usage. Options like dialed calls or recent calls require even more work and searching.
The Battery lasts less than a day of medium level calling, and if you dont use it it willl last about a day and a half. If you use your phone all the time, you may not finish the day before you need to recharge, and the charge takes hours....
The camera is a loooow 1.3Mpix cam, so thats barely usable. It comes without all the acceessories needed to load MP3s on it, so you gotta go out and buy extra stuff to use it.
Horrible phone, I would give it a 2-3/10

posted on 28 Apr 2008, 20:47

Excellent if you're in a good area

MetroPCS signal is VERY subjective to where you are. I get perfect signal here, and this phone is awesome for that. Dropped in a MicroSD card filled with MP3s, and I was set. It even plays well with my bluetooth both on the laptop and my headset. Not at ALL bad for the 200, I love it!

mel
posted on 28 Apr 2008, 01:14

One word "junk" the phone is trash.

Jamie
posted on 23 Apr 2008, 13:45

2.2

Kyocera

Music player is very poor on this the themes only consist of three horrible colors just like the strobe this phone needs to be discontinued.

posted on 23 Apr 2008, 13:42

1.4

Kyocera Tempo

Phone has just too many promblems its your typical kyocera unreliable.

Pimpin
posted on 23 Apr 2008, 13:40

I got this phone and took it back the same day signal strength is terrible and it lags. This phone is highly overated not worth the money at all.

bam
posted on 12 Mar 2008, 10:29

I like it alot

I think this phone is worth the money. It has a great camera s far as camera phones are concerned. It also has a very good mp3 player and the memory card makes it easy to transfer pictures, and music. the design is sleek, and the rubberized lining makes it easy not to slip from your hand as you're talking.

liuz
posted on 24 Feb 2008, 01:30

my summary of this phone kyocera E 2000

for the comment above. no its not true you dont need a usb cord to upload music. if you have a memory card and a sd adaptor you just out that into your scanner/printer. you know the new ones that have a memory card slot. i just put it in there and drag all the music into my card. i really like this phone. its flat. easy to use. nice design. color screen. mp3 player. thats a plus i dont need to buy a ipod. who needs a ipod when all the music is on your phone. camera has flash. it has 10 fun frames to use when taking pictures. it also records videos. has a lot of info on the phone. i like that it has a cover where u charge ur phone. so it wont get dirty so thats nice. but i got a case for my phone so it wont get dirty. i like this phone a lot it was worth the money. not like the razor its so expensive but it has no flash. this phone has flash and pictures are super clear. easy to use. i also like the fact that i dont know anyone who has this phone yet so its different and very unique. it has good battery life so far. its worth 199.00. it has a great design. flat and pretty

Tiffany
posted on 23 Dec 2007, 07:22

Ms. Tiff

This phone just off the market is great for business and personal. It has a red light for camera and also a LED flash which makes it easy to use as a flashlight. This phone is not black, its a Bronze Charcol color. It also requires for you to buy a USB cable to add songs to your mp3. But overall, this phone is slick and sleek, weighs less than it says of 3.5 oz. actualy extends from your ear to mouth for great connection. And has a great key pad. I would also say that this has been the best phone that I have had yet. The price is just a little expensive though...-218